TE Connectivity Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

TE Connectivity Interview Questions

Interviews at TE Connectivity

2.8

Molding Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Very short but asked hard-hitting questions. I interviewed with the supervisor and it went pretty well. I entered as a temp so my with ethic was previously viewed. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Note that if you interview here in the next few months from my interview , they are putting together a new analytics team and are trying to hire a lot of people (should give you leverage).

I quickly had a 1-hour technical phone screen with 1 principal data scientist on the team. I could tell they were sharp but I wasn't impressed by their interview questions (see the interview questions listed below -- these are not quality data science questions that i would ever use).

The quality of my experience went down significantly when I had probably the worst interview of my life with the new lead of the analytics team (and when I say new, I mean she was 4 weeks into the job when we talked). There were some huge red flags. She said that the interview was going to assess culture fit (I've been through many of these types of interviews before). She clearly did not know what culture fit is because instead of discussing culture, she wanted to try to do a technical interview. I got a particularly strange question right in the middle of this: "How many models have you trained in the last 3 months?" This is a completely tone-deaf question that strips away any complexity or nuance from work that you might be doing. She had strange views on how to approach model-builds with business teams (she didn't why it's important to discuss the feasibility of their implementation). Definitely the weirdest part of the interview was when she asked me, halfway through, if I was nervous. Imagine briefly that you're asked this question. How do you answer that? It's a question with one conceivably correct answer: "No." And for me that was the truth. Really I think I was stunned by how badly I was being interviewed.

At the end of the interview I was told I would hear back about next steps in the next few days (this was a lie). My e-mails to both the manager and the HR rep I'd been working with went ignored. Instead, I had to find out there'd be no offer from the technical interviewer.

I feel like I dodged a bullet. Be careful interviewing here -- you may find yourself with an incompetent, dishonest boss.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between covariance and correlation.   1 Answer
    • Answer the boy-girl problem.   1 Answer
    • If P(A) is .7 and P(B) is .6, can A and B be disjoint events.   1 Answer
    • What modeling packages do you use.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Several rounds with several different people. Many of them asked similar questions. All interviewers were very kind and made me feel very comfortable. None of the interviewers asked irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

A very helpful employee reached out and helped schedule a phone interview and a in person interview quickly and with ease. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the in person interview for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which collaboration was necessary and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Interview

A HR sent me an email to schedule a call - never called me on the scheduled time. Later, there wasn't any reply for emails too. Please make sure to inform the candidates about your changes in plan - it would be helpful if the candidates are not left hanging.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Middletown, PA (US)).

Interview

I had an hourlong phone interview followed by 2 in-person ones. Overall, it was a good experience, even though I didn’t get the position. The only thing I didn’t like was the length of the process.

Director of Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity in September 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with a Recruiter and then a (supposed to be) a phone interview with the Hiring Manager - never happened. Hiring Manager canceled the day of the interview, asked for my availability twice - never responded. TODAY tells me he'd like to network for future possibilities. Don't waste people's time like that, dude.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity in August 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and went through a series of seven phone interviews over a three week period. The meetings were conducted by both functional and HR leaders. The questions were relatively straightforward as they wanted to make sure that I understood what they were looking for and how I could make an impact. Everyone I spoke with displayed a great deal of passion for their jobs and the company as a whole.

I followed up with them 10 days after the phone interviews. The recruiter got back to me the next day stating they were still soliciting feedback from all the interviewers and he would get back to me to the following week with an additional update. As expected when companies are not proactive with their feedback, I was told they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you career was a book, please describe the chapters, what chapter are you on and what chapters do you have left.   Answer Question

IT PMO Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Fairly easy, the manager(s) described the opportunities available for the majority of the call and the questions are pretty simple and straight forward. Managers that called are directly involved with the internship.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Winston-Salem, NC (US)).

Interview

Applied Online. Got a call from the recruiter after 3 months. Set up a phone call the next day with the manager. Basic resume review, was offered after a week.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.