TSYS|Total System Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

TSYS|Total System Services Interview Questions

Interviews at TSYS|Total System Services

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I went to Noida for the interview .There were five rounds in total and even after clearing all rounds and even after salary discussion. I had to call them for the offer letter and they informed me that they could not find name in interview process.
    The Hr are itself very disoriented . So please ask them to maintain double copy of your candidature after you clear all your rounds.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Alpharetta, GA (US)).

Interview

Had an telphonic Interview and onsite interview . they asked about the jenkins and kubernetes and AWS. And HR said Position went on Hold . This is the company where i saw most negitive comments in glassdoor and indeed for alpharetta branch.any way i was not intrested to join even they would make offer.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Interview

Interviewer showed up 45 minutes late and had to ask me what position I was interviewing for. The guy seemed very arrogant and told me mid interview that there was no point if I was only going to be there during the summer. I do not think he realized that I was interviewing for a summer internship position.

Copy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services in May 2019.

Interview

I applied 3/15. I was called in April by HR, who left a message to set up a time to talk. I returned the call, leaving a message also. Three weeks later, I received another call to set up a phone call wit HR. After speaking to the recruiter, another phone interview was scheduled with the director. The confirmation email called me by the wrong name; but it's an understandable oversight considering it was probably cut and pasted from a previous email. ... On the day of the scheduled interview, the hiring director never called. This, on the other hand, is an egregious lapse. I then emailed HR back and asked them to withdraw my candidacy. Ghosting candidates at a professional level is a big red flag--especially when special accommodations had to be made to be available for the interview. Two weeks later I received a standard rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware the position is in Boston?   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Roswell, GA (US)).

Interview

The position was tailored toward students still in college or about to graduate. I applied online, process took 3-4 weeks. Had a phone screen, virtual behavioral interview, and a 4 hour long in person interview and test. The phone and behavioral screen were pretty basic, but The 4 hour in person interview was a bit of a nightmare to say the least.

The first thing I noticed was the extreme nepotism in the selection process. Diversity is important, and if you have a majority of your candidates coming from one or two ethnic groups it's not diverse - Even if they themselves may be considered minorities. In this scenario, Indian / Southeast Asians , and Asian candidates were arriving by the van load. After we checked in, I could see why. The majority of the managers and existing developers were also representative of those racial demographics as well. One of the managers in particular went all the way to UGA to bring quite a few in, and that's mainly who he interacted with for the duration of the event. One girl was admitted as a "walk in" even though the rest of us had to go through multiple screenings just to get to that point. There were very few blacks, whites, latinx, native, or candidates of other groups represented among the actual candidate pool.

The test itself was pretty fair albeit a little long. It was 30+ pages of content spread out over various languages and concepts. The first part was about 5 functions that will have taken the entirety to figure out just by themselves. There is no way you can finish everything, but it was a good mental exercise, and gave me ideas on things to work on.

The actual in person interview was the worst. To reiterate, this was a college hire position. The person looked down on the bootcamp I went to, barely acknowledged the computer science degree I was working on, and scrutinized every bit of my professional experience. He literally kept trying to relate a tech support position back to a dev role as if I will have had the time or opportunity to work on software projects outside of my hired responsibility. He didn't ask questions on my ability to problem solve, but he scrunched his nose when he saw the company I worked for and asked what it was.

If this is a college hire role, then it makes sense to ask at least once what I'm doing there. For example he'd ask me if Id programmed or worked on xyz at my current job - like I hadn't already told him what the job entailed, and I kept having to redirect back to projects I'm working on in school and in my spare time for examples on how specific things may be set up, collaborations, and issues I may/may not have run into.

In the situational section he almost deliberately misunderstood everything I said, and repeatedly interrupted me during sentences and cut me off. For example, at one point he asked about a collaboration project and how I would respond if someone needed help. Would I just give them the answer, or point them to the right direction? I described in detail a situation I had where a fellow student in my bootcamp had issues understanding how to query results from a DB, I explained the basic concepts to this person and how it related to what we were doing, gave them online resources, and made myself available to help. This person didn't really want my help because it can be a bit unsettling admitting you need help in that type of setting, so when that didn't work I was able to connect them with the right instructor who had a good understanding of our project and issue. He seemed to be stuck on the fact this person needed instructor help and completely invalidated my role in the process. I had at least 3 other questions go the same way.

The last thing is when he basically asked if I do anything to keep learning and practicing. I told him about some of the books I read, blogs I follow, things I practice, and how I utilize places like udemy and youtube to keep learning. Once again, he acted like he didn't know what that was(udemy), how those skills could translate and asked outright how you'd be able to fully learn with something like that. He asked something along the lines of how you had any hands on practice or actual code be written with a service like that. When I explained that many of these teach a concept and charge the student to do an exercise or project, once again he looked unconvinced. Not once did he ask about github, or a portfolio or any of the actual projects I've built and actually listen to my responses.

All in all, I regret having invested so much time in this when I had other companies interested as well. No one has a month to waste trying to get hired at a company that never had any intention of truly considering them.

Interview Questions

• Asked by the Virtual interview- Hirevue

- Tell me about yourself / experience
      - What courses or education has helped with your dev journey
      - Tell me about a recent project
      - Which office do you want to work in?
      - What programming languages are you comfortable with/ have been exposed to
      - Why should we hire you
      - Greatest college achievement   Answer Question

Interview

Good experience without any fuss. Hiring managers explained what is expected of the job. Hr contacted with the package and benefit details. Then background processing starts after accepting the job.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I actually applied to a different position than the one I interviewed for. However, I was told by their HR that that hiring manager wanted to pass on my background for their position, to spite the fact that I had as much experience in that field as I do this one. To be honest, I doubt I was even submitted for the position that I actually applied for. My in person was scheduled for the same week that the above listed correspondence took place (though they rescheduled it once). During my interview, I was told that two other candidates were being interviewed the following week and that I would know something once those were completed. Three months later I received an automated rejection e-mail. The best part of that was that it thanked me for my "recent" visit. I just thought the whole experience was shady and unprofessional.

Machine Learning Role Interview

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Two interviews went through a technical coding problem and also asked bunch of machine learning questions to test interviewee's ability. Also judgment has been made in several weeks.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services.

Interview

Received a misaddressed form letter sent by HR requesting me to answer a bunch of essay questions. Was assured it was a mistake and the email was intended for me. What the heck, I filled it out as I was retooling my resume any way...never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your experience in leading IT technical support teams in high volume, mission critical environments – explain the scale of teams and technical environment.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services in August 2018.

Interview

Emailed me a link for digital interview that I had to click on and do at your own time frame. They shared the interview throughout the hiring process with all hiring management.

Interview Questions

• it the standard interview questions dealing with customer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.