The AA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The AA Interview Questions

Interviews at The AA

2.8

Inbound Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The AA (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

3 interviews.
    first one lasted 40 minutes over the phone- competency based questions (3 or 4) but expanded on those questions what would you change etc, bit about self, what you know about company and reason for choosing the AA.
    Second video interview 2 present (COVID meant video in replace of in-person interview). Again approximately 8 competency based questions and 5 scenerios lasting around an hour. Going over certain areas of interest such as how you handle resilience when experiencing conflict (between customer or colleague). Again company values, and reason for applying, where I see myself within the company in the future.
    Role play for final part, phone call go through an example call unrelated to insurance.

For the salary of £18340 rising to £1910 after training, I thought the process was rather thorough

Interview Questions

• How have motivated a group?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The AA (Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

the process was quick and painless. I received regular updates throughout and they were very honest about the challenges I would face in the role.
    It was the story of the business that really got me excited. I love that I am apart of something that is incredibly British and a large part of our heritage.

Interview Questions

• please give an example of dealing with competing priorities within the business   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The AA (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on- line and participated in a variety of online tests, I received a call from a recruitment advisor 3 weeks later from a withheld number. I was unable to answer the call due to driving. The day after i was in the middle of an interview for another vacancy and upon exiting the interview i had a voicemail message stating that because i didn't answer the second time they've automatically withdrawn my application. I feel this is totally unfair as they could not give me a suitable time to ensure i am ready and prepared for a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Because you didn't answer the call at the time that suited them my application had been automatically withdrawn   1 Answer

IT Software Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The AA (Basingstoke, England (UK)).

Interview

The job spec issued for the role both on their website and through recruitment agencies is missing one major line: “Looking for a flying unicorn that doesn’t exist”.

The interviewer was over 20mins late and offered no form of reasonable apology. Line of questioning was largely vague and had nothing to do with the role or industry and left the impression (based on his LinkedIn profile) that he doesn’t know what he is talking about, looking for or anything about the IT industry for that matter.

The expectation is for the individual to do a job that would require 4 different IT expert skill sets for the same salary with limited no guarantee of team expansion.

End of interview feedback was overwhelming positive and left no room for negative feedback or reservations; however, interview results where in the form of a short text message stating that I “lacked software audit experience”.

Note: I have been approached about this role 3 separate times in a span of 2 months because I have extensive software audit and licensing knowledge and experience having worked for a tier 1 software vendor in their audit department for a number of years.

Subsequent recruitment agent calls now state the interviewer refuses to see previous candidates on the basis of his previous reason being ‘valid’.

Advice to future candidates: Don’t waste your time! They are looking for a unicorn that flies, sings, dances and can juggle at the same time. Also heed the warnings and reviews already available for The AA.

Interview Questions

• What ITIL standards do you follow?   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The AA (Newcastle, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Filled out an internet form for previous employment. Then spoke to person for phone interview. Then went in for group assessment and single interview in which I was assumed to be naive and that these "Managers" were the only ones on earth. In reality they were making it up as they went along... Amateurs to the point of being repulsive.

Interview Questions

• It was a horrendous collection of buzz words and "Managers" pretending to be powerful figures of the community when really they just came off like John Malkovich in Transformers 3.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was contacted via text message to arrange an interview which I did think was unprofessional at the time but none the less, I was pleased. I had been selected for a first stage interview and arranged via a phone call the time and date of the interview. I was told on the phone by HR that they would email me the details as I only had the time and the date and nothing else. I waited a few days and due to personal circumstances got in touch a couple of days before the date of the supposed interview as I still hadn't been sent any further information. Holly in HR never got back to me either via phone or email. I am quite shocked at how they treat prospective employees. I had heard negative things from previous AA employees but I was willing to make my own opinion and give them a chance. However, the way HR failed to provide me with interview information and even respond to me shows this is a company I would not want to work for. It’s interesting to read previous reviews below where even years ago HR were still not communicating with candidates, shocking!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The AA (Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview was easy enough ,you fill in a quick questionaire ( strongly agree-disagree type) before you go in for the interview itself . The interview then followed with questions in relation to your answers

Interview Questions

• An example of when you’ve gone above and beyond   1 Answer

Call Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The AA.

Interview

1 hour telephone interview with 1 member of staff. Brief conversation in French about your year abroad or studies. Lots of information given to process and make notes then example scenario of a break down.

Interview Questions

• Questions in French about your year abroad and/or studies.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The AA (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Everyone was casual but didn't let me know beforehand. Fill out repetitive paperwork. The other 4 candidates didnt even show up. Interview with two
    people, one just writing notes, nothing exceptional but you could tell they had more involvement with phone sales. So stuck to a general list. I was not impressed by the guy in charge that had obviously made his decision before I even finished the interview. Got a short disinterested viewing around, cantine looked excellent!

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the position?   1 Answer

Call Centre Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The AA (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

applied online through the job search websites, got back tp me saying the want to set up a phone interview. the phone interview lasted around 20 minutes and later she informed me that i passed and invited me for a face to face interview that i will be having soon and will updated this after i finish that interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.