The Hanover Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated 5 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at The Hanover Insurance Group

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 207 candidate interviews
The Hanover Insurance Group
Application

I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group

Interview

Phone interview first round and then in-person interview with the future boss. Both were very casual and were just getting to know me and my experiences within the technology space.

Interview Questions
  • Explain your past experiences and why you want to work here. Get to know you and being personable.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in Mar 2021

Interview

After an initial interview with an internal recruiter I met with 8 different individuals over 2 weeks; interviews were scheduled mostly for 1 hour and one was 30 minutes. The recruiter checked in with me halfway through the process. A little over 2 weeks after the last interview I received a generic email (clearly copied and pasted) from the recruiter indicating they chose another candidate. After the amount of time, effort, and seniority of the role I would have expected the courtesy of a phone call.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly leadership and collaboration questions
The Hanover Insurance Group
Application

I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group

Interview

The interview was just behavioral. The focus was just on getting to know the person and seeing how they would fit with the team. Overall it was very relaxed and the atmosphere was welcoming

Interview Questions
The Hanover Insurance Group
Application

I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group

Interview

First was the recruiter phone call: asked basic behavioral questions and went into detail about internship program. Second Round interview: talked with technical team about specifics and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
The Hanover Insurance Group
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group in Sep 2020

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with an HR representative. About a week later a 2 hr interview with 4 different actuaries was scheduled. Everyone was extremely nice and the process was very smooth. The HR person that I had the initial phone interview with kept in touch throughout the process. One actuary asked a 'technical' question, but it was not terribly difficult.

Interview Questions
  • Leadership experience, project experience, solving issues within a group.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Howell, MI) in Jul 2020

Interview

The interview process took about 2-3 weeks including setting a time and waiting for a response. I spoke with 3 people on the team the position was for who were all very nice, polite and informative. I followed up with the recruiter by email about 2 weeks after my interview. She then contacted me by phone to let me know they have chosen another candidate but I had a lot of positive feedback on my interview and wanted to stay in touch for future positions.

Interview Questions
The Hanover Insurance Group
Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group

Interview

Don’t waste your time here. The recruiters won’t respond to you after the first round interview. This has happened two years in a row with me interviewing here. The campus recruiting team really needs to improve.

Interview Questions
The Hanover Insurance Group
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

Interview process was easy and informal. It was spent getting to know each other to see if personality and relationships were a fit locally. The interviews were a series of lunches and coffees with various levels of underwriting management.

Interview Questions
The Hanover Insurance Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in Nov 2019

Interview

I went to an Actuarial career summit event that was holding interviews. It was a good experience to get your foot in the door there. It also had direct contact with current actuaries that work at the company.

Interview Questions
  • What are my plans for the rest of the SOA exams?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in Oct 2019

Interview

Phone interview with HR Recruiter was standard and discussed the normal items around the basics of the role and determining if there was a fit for the role. Basic Screening interview.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 207 Interviews

Popular Careers with The Hanover Insurance Group Job Seekers