Tintri Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tintri Interview Questions

Interviews at Tintri

3.1

Member of Technical Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Berkeley, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Started with a recruiter who got me in touch with the head of one of the projects. I was asked some questions to see if I at least knew how to code and if I understand optimization. After I went through some HR, and what appeared to be a soft skill analysis. After a more challenging technical interview was presented. After that a final soft skill analysis interview (basic questions).

Interview Questions

• First one was build a quick class with some basic implementations. The second was more of a question of how to handle character positions in a string with a lot of noise. This question was mid-level leet code hard.   Answer Question

Senior QE- UI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and extremely flexible. my whole interview process lasted for not more than 3 days and Tintri were able to offer me the very next day(infact Sr QE Manager verbally gave me an offer the same day of interview)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tintri.

Interview

The interviewees were all polite and generally seemed to know the areas they specialized in. But the interview process was in one word: horrible. For an intern position, I had to give four phone interviews over a span of more than two months starting from end of january, 2017. The HR was responsive early on on in the interview process. But from mid of it, I had to send 4 or even more mails over a span of multiple weeks to get a single reply. Also some of the replies I got via mail were contradictory to each other. I still have not got the results of the interviews I gave. It is plain rude not to give a result after going through such a ling interview process (just inform that i was rejected if the company is not interested). (I got other offers during march last week and moved on). This company should seriously hire better HR or whoever is responsible for coordinating the intern recruitment process. Out of the 8+ companies I interviewed for this season, this was easily the worst interview process!

Interview Questions

• 2 sum problem (different versions: normal unoptimized, time efficient, space efficient).
      Generally questions were easy.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Four stage interview process.
    1st call was with lowest level of sales management - 30 minutes
    2nd call was with mid level sales management - 30 minutes
    3rd call was with the Global Director of Inside Sales - 30 minutes
    4th Stage was in-person interviews with all three previously stated as well as the HR recruitment director. Total time for in-person interview was 2.5 hours including a tour around the beautiful office space they have in Mountain View.

Each manager asked about my work history and specifically how it was at each of my prior positions.

Something I want to make clear about Tintri: While they're still trying to figure out how to really dominate the space they're in within the industry, they have their company culture, office space, facilities manager, as well as other management in different departments figured out 100%. I left the company due to an unfortunate strategy change, but I will always love the people I worked with there, even if it was for a short amount of time. There is not one bad apple inside that Inside Sales team at HQ.

Interview Questions

• They just asked a lot about me, what my interests are, what I liked to do while in college, that sort of thing. This job is sales, so they don't need to know if you can solve a math problem, but they want to know if you can navigate around a marathon of social interaction, and I think that's what the extensive interview process was all about. 10 out of 10 would work there again.   1 Answer

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Three phone screenings followed by an onsite. Things went fine over the phone, but when I went onsite the hiring manager never gave me a chance. He rushed my interviews then hurried me out the door. The worst interview experience I ever had in my life. I was supposed to be there for 3 to 4 hours, and was there 45 minutes. I was supposed to have lunch with the hiring manager. It was ordered, and I saw it at the receptionist desk while the manager was pushing me out the door. If for some reason before the finale interview they decided not to go with me why didn't they just call, and cancel? I would never treat anyone like this. Even if for some reason they deserved it. Absolutely no class. I have done interviews where while I did not get the job I still gave a thumbs up here on GD. I would say dont waist your time. In the end I am glad this happened. This is not a company I would ever want to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• How can you send a specific size packet through an Ubuntu NIC?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

After my resume was sent to managers through a current employee, I was contacted via email. I then had two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview at the HQ in Mountain View.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into sales?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Very easy, quick process, 3 weeks from first interview to Hire. First interview with company recruiter who asked basic questions including desired salary/bonus etc. Second was with HR, and next were the manager, and individual technical team interviews, 4 remote and 4 onsite.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in a company.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Two phone screens followed by four on site interviews: First phone screen by director and second one by a senior engineer on the team. 3 of the 4 on site interviews were conducted by engineers and the last one was by manager of the team.

Interview Questions

• First phone screen was an exchange of information: I was asked to share my background and expertise areas, a challenging project I have worked on- problem statement, how it was solved, what difficulties were encountered, business impact. The interviewer shared some information on their ongoing projects and what they were looking for. The second phone screen involved a coding question followed by a request to describe a challenging project that I worked on. The on-site interviews were a combination of coding questions, design questions and questions related to projects on resume.   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was done over a two hour time span, and in that two hours I met with four different people. The interviewees were extremely helpful in telling me about the company and the position, as well as answering any questions I had at the time. It was after my interview, that I knew this was a company I wanted to be apart of.

Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Typical software engineer interview process:
    - Talked with Senior Director to know the company
    - Talked with Principal Engineer to understand the position and discussed the job responsibilities and requirements.
    - On site technical interviewed with 4 potential team senior members
    - Interviewed by hiring manager about general skills, process and etc.
    - Interviewed by recruiting manager about expected package

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.