Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ubisoft Interview Questions

Interviews at Ubisoft

2.8

PR Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Most horrendous interview process I've ever been through - and I've interned at a startup and big corporation and have gone through at least 30 different interview processes in the last couple of years. My recruiter spent the first 20 minutes of our call talking to me about her life due to COVID. I'm not opposed to speaking about the circumstances to warm up a bit, but it took up more time than the actual phone screen did. After my phone screen, I thought it went well. I followed up twice and didn't hear back for about 3 weeks with a generic email saying the role was filled. Come 5 weeks later, the recruiter reached out to me once again to let me know the position opened up again and had me speak via video call to the hiring manager. I thought this was an interview, but on the call I realized the recruiter told the manager it was just informational so I was just going to ask her questions about the role - not sure why I needed to do this when I read the job description and already talked to the recruiter. I followed up the next day letting the recruiter know I was interested in moving forward, it has been 2 weeks and I still haven't heard back.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Overall, the entire process was extremely slow.

I applied online and received and recruiter interview request within the week. During that interview I was told they wanted me to have a video call with the hiring manager and the next day I received a request to talk with the hiring manager. This is when the process turned from quick to very slow.

I met with the hiring manager via video call more than a week later. It was a quick 30 minute chat that I think went great. At the end of that interview, he said he would like for me to meet with more of the team, most likely the following week. He mentioned they were hoping to fill this role quickly so I thought the process would continue to more forward at a good pace.

Over a week had past and I hadn't heard from them, so I followed up. About 3 days later I heard that they were in the process of scheduling interviews so to stay tuned. About 2 weeks following that email, still no interview scheduled. I reached out again and it was still another couple days until I heard back. They said the team finally had some bandwidth and wanted to know my availability for the following week and we finally got something scheduled.

The panel interview was about 4 hours via video chat with a couple of small breaks in between. The team was great and I felt I had really good discussions with each person. There were a couple of changes to my schedule without notice and a few times we were rushed, but overall it was great.

About a week after that, I received an email from the recruiter that I did not get the position. Not getting it was disappointing, but it was even more disappointing to receive just a generic rejection email getting that far in the process. I responded to that email thanking them for their time and asking for feedback, but received no response. I would hope when a candidate puts so much time and effort into a position and the process, the least you could do is call and provide some feedback as to why you went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that did not go how you had hoped and how you adapted.   Answer Question

Project Content Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2020.

Interview

Overall, fairly neutral. Only made it through the first round phone interview, which was somewhat surprising to me as I fulfilled all the basic requirements. Had a pleasant conversation. Interviewer was kind and explained all of the differences in the office due to COVID-19. I didn't hear anything about it until 2 weeks later when they said they were not proceeding with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Went through two rounds of interview:
    1. Informational interview with the recruiter regarding general experience and background
    2. Interview with the creative directors regarding in-depth job specifications and expectations, along with follow up questions post interview

Interview Questions

• Q: Walk us through one of your projects, and how you approached it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

you will bet a video interview link that contain 6 questions. mostly are very ease to answer. I get my reply after 2 weeks, the email was friendly and fast replied.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had a nice conversation, but it was clear they were not willing to be competitive in salary. They just want cheap labor because it's video games. I declined to move forward and found a job elsewhere.

Demo Crew Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Applied online and received a quick 15 min interview two weeks later, asking about do I have any experience working in a gaming event, how much do I know about their games, and fill me in with other details regarding what exactly I need to do.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any previous experience working in a gaming event.   Answer Question

Use Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about a position I have applied for. The contact was over email. He asked for my availability and I provided. We scheduled an interview. At the day of the call, he didn't call. I followed up and he said something come up and we had to reschedule. We did. Before the day of the call, he contacted again saying he would need to reschedule again. We did. On the day of the call, he never called. I followed up with an email and never heard back from him. Very interesting process!

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Friendly phone screen that lead to an onsite interview with the team I would be working with. The whole process took about 4 weeks. It took a bit long towards the end because the woman I was in contact with left the company and I wasn't aware of this. When I emailed her to see how the onsite went I was told the email was no longer valid and to contact someone else. Kind of a messy end to a decent interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you thought you did great work but turned out to be not your best and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

1 round coding and sql, the python coding questions difficulty vary a lot, from easy to hard leet code questions, and even some cs major knowledge, then a couple of rounds to talk with different team

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and give their product, how do you think   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.