University of Rochester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

University of Rochester Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Rochester

2.7

Tour Guide Interview

Interview

there were three rounds to the interview process. the first was written pplication, second was group interview, third was individual. overall you need to know about the school and have a bubbly personality

Technician III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to set up an interview a few days later. Interview was fairly standard, asking if I had experience with the different techniques that had been described in the job description.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

There was a 3 panel interview lasting roughly 45 minutes to start off. This was followed by a 1 on 1 interview with the director. The questions were mostly behavioral, and just to see if you had done any research on the department and their activity.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

I applied in late November 2018 and received an invitation to the in-site interview on December 23rd. The interviews took place at the University of Rochester. The program paid for flights, hotel, and meals for three days. I interview with 6 faculty, 20min each.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to pursue a Ph.D.? What are your long term plans? Do you want to stay in Academia or go to Industry? Tell me about your previous research experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

The application process took a while, they invited me to come down for their phd recruitment weekend for interview. I had interview with four different professors that had similar research interests as I did.

Interview Questions

• Background/Research Interest/My contribution as phd student.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

After a course ends, the professor would contact some top students in class according their academic performance and invite them to be the teaching assistant of the next semester via email .

Interview Questions

• After the job description, I was asked whether have interest in that job.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The position at LLE was advertised for a grant with definite research objective. I think I am pretty capable and I applied online. It took 2 months to get through the DOE censorship. I was invited to an on-site interview. The interview was okay. The interviewer promised to send decision in two weeks. However, 2 weeks past, no news. I waited for about 1 month and finally know that they are considering another candidate. To my surprise, they did not tell me anything until I asked.
    As it is consistently predicted, I was not told anything until the other candidate accepted the offer. In the end, they selected the person based on the need of so-called "pragmatic" research, which is not as advertised. Amazing!
     Anyway, the whole process took about 4+ months and it is a torture.
    Be aware of the internal politics and good luck!

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Thorough education background review, as well as cross examination for knowledge of the material. The interviewer was friendly and approachable, and the interview lasted about thirty minutes total. Overall the interview turned out to be easier than expected, and I heard back within a week.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

A professor from the lab emailed me asking my availability for an in-person interview. During the interview, the professor went over their current research goals and gave me a tour of the lab. I was also given an opportunity to talk with laboratory staff.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

Face-to-face meeting and discussion about research interests and future goals, why you would be a fit in lab and what expertise can you bring to any current projects in the lab

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.