University of Rochester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.7

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Received a email asking for a phone interview three days after applied online. After phone interview, received another email asking for a in-person interview. Interviewed with two managers and four staffs all at the same time in the conference room for about 40 minutes. Everyone asked questions.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester in September 2014.

Interview

Started with 1 phone interview regarding what I know and if I fit the requirements. Follows is about 4 rounds of in person interviews by at least 3 people per round. Everyone is dressed up so go with pen, paper, questions, and dressed up buttoned shirt and tie.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work process / techniques that you would implement in this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rochester.

Interview

The process was brief, involving a phone interview followed by an in person interview. They asked questions about past experience, as well as questions related to working on a team. The entire process lasted for about a week, and was offered a position after providing a list of references and then met with them in person.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I came into the professor's office for the in person interview. Then we toured where the bulk of my work would be done. After that we chatted about our hobbies. It was a pretty informal interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic qualifications and such. They don't try to tick you.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with Strong Staffing, U of R's staffing agency, for general Data Entry / Office Assistant jobs. Just getting an interview was a very long process- I had spent 3 months applying for jobs on their website without a single response before going into the office and applying in person. It took about a month after that to get an interview and I wasn't called with my first job offer for about 3 months after that. Even then, the man who called me and left a message never once answered his phone and never returned my calls.

All of my contact prior to the interview was with office secretaries who took care of scheduling my interview and administering the skills tests, which were the standard typing drills and MS Office literacy assesments. After the tests I finally met with an actual recruiter for the interview. Because I didn't apply for a specific job but was there to become part of their "temp agency," questions were mostly based around finding which positions to place me in, along with some standard questions to make sure that I could handle myself in an office environment. The interview itself was relatively easy, but I did feel a bit patronized by some of the questions because of my age (I had just graduated college) and I definately left with the understanding that they would call me to follow up, not the other way around.

Interview Questions

• What traits do you think make up an ideal supervisor / boss?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Excellent personal questions. They were professional and prepared for my qualifications. I sat before a panel and was given a chance to expound on my virtues. I was given every opportunity to prove myself an excellent candidate for the position. I am in the process of waiting to hear the outcome of the interview. I am one of 2 people they are considering.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about up selling   1 Answer

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I was impressed by the interview process. Two telephone interviews were followed by an offer to fly me to Rochester for a full day of interviewing. I interviewed 17 people face-to-face. Some was one on one, others were with groups of two or three. I only had a half hour with each person or group, which I felt was too rushed.

Interview Questions

• I really did not receive any surprising or difficult questions   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The process to apply to be a math TA was really straightforward. You submit a paper application with recommendation from a faculty member, then they (probably) schedule you for an interview within a week of the application deadline. After the interview, I heard back within a few weeks with what course they would like me to TA for, out of the ones I had requested.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Rochester in September 2015.

Interview

Need to get A or A- in the course and they will notice you about that. The department hire representative will connect with you. You must be the second year graduate student in this university.

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview. The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming. The first interview took place with the HR department, which covered my basic qualifications. The second interview was with the department head, who talked to me about the job and my previous experience. Overall the interview took place in one day and the process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you in the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.