VIAVI Solutions Interview Questions

Updated 26 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 41 of over 41 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

VIAVI Solutions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions

Interview

Single day of many interviews. Talked to engineers, management, and HR. Each segment was at least 30 minutes long. Several technical problems, some puzzle questions, some personality questions. Had a shorter interview before this one.

Interview Questions
  • What was your favorite class and why?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions (Bothell, WA)

Interview

Overall, interview was a positive experience but the last part of it spoiled the entire experience. Throughout most of the interview, I received positive feedback and was led to believe that I would be highly considered for the role. I was caught off guard towards the end as they managed to sneak in a few brain teaser questions when my interview was scheduled to end and when it seemed like the interview was about to conclude. They also managed to communicate to my contracting agency that the entire interview didn’t go well.

Interview Questions
  • -Explain conceptually (pseudocode): reverse a string -Explain how you would test a pen -Questions about your experience -Coding challenge -It takes 5 machines 5 minutes to output 5 toys; how long will it take 36 machines to output 36 toys.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and not very difficult. Human resources got back to me very quickly and seemed very friendly. They set up an interview with the hiring manager a few hours after our initial call. The following week I was taking an interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • what are the three types of heat transfer?

VIAVI Solutions

Application

I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions

Interview

The interview process was a great experience and on the easy side relative to previous firms. They questioned me on the breadth of my knowledge and felt that I generally hand a handle on the concepts I would be applying on a daily basis. Other than that they questioned me upon whether I would be a good fit for the company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions (College Park, MD) in Sep 2020

Interview

It was through a college career fair arranged by my university, and because of the pandemic it was virtual . The hiring manager was an hardware engineer and pretty nice and helpful. I would say personally i was very exhausted as this was the last for that day.

Interview Questions
  • i was only asked to talk about my Resume and the projects on there, i was asked basic questions on computer architecture like pipelining etc.

VIAVI Solutions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions

Interview

Entretien avec les ressources humaines, test psychologue et entretien technique. Entretien technique avec 3 personnes: Le directeur, Le chef de projet et le chef d'équipe. Durée de l'entretien, environ 2 heures de temps

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions (Mumbai) in Jan 2020

Interview

It was smooth and nice. Average difficulty level. PANELISTS WERE VERY NICE . Interview went on for 1 hour. I was asked questions on soa.there were two technical rounds and one managerial round.

Interview Questions
  • What is a db adapter
  • What is difference between apps adapter and db adapter

VIAVI Solutions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions

Interview

I visited their booth at the career fair at our university. After talking to the recruiter and handing my resume, I received a phone call later that day to set up an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions (Germantown, MD) in Dec 2019

Interview

VIAVI visited my school, I gave them my resume. A few months later I got an email for an interview, did an over the phone technical interview that was quite challenging. I did not get the job at first, but after someone backed down I got it. My first internship experience and it was a co-op during my sophomore year. Very good learned so much and such nice people.

Interview Questions
  • 2 tricky c++ questions. They asked alot of c++.

VIAVI Solutions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VIAVI Solutions in Dec 2019

Interview

They came to my college career fair and took my resume. A few months later I got an email for a phone interview, did phone interview. Was told I did not get the job, someone dropped out so luckily I got the job. I was runner up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Interviews