Viad Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Viad

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Viad

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viad (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The recruiter was very unprofessional! I received a response to my application 2 days after applying requesting my availability. I responded twice with my availability before the recruiter replied to confirm the appointment time. She then missed our appointment and emailed me next day to reschedule. In total, we exchanged over 10 emails before I finally had the phone interview.

The phone interview was unproductive and a total waste of time. The recruiter told me that the company was seeking someone with more Internal Audit experience. I was surprised to hear this since my experience is listed on my resume and clearly shows that I have 15 months of senior internal audit experience with a large multinational financial institution as well as external audit experience with a Big4 firm. I also have industry experience as a Sr. Accountant for the 2nd largest event promotions company in the world. Moreover, the job description states "big four experience a plus" but it certainly didn't feel that way. The recruiter downplayed my Big4 experience - didn't ask a single question about the work I did there.

I then referenced a current employee who started accounting when I started and only had external audit experience who was currently a Sr. Internal Auditor for VIAD. In fact this employee and I were in the same internship at a local CPA firm prior to me getting recruited by a Big4 firm. This employee didn't get an offer from a Big4 firm so she stayed working at the local firm in downtown Phoenix for the next 3 years before joining VIAD. The recruiter replied that while she may be in the same position I'm applying to, the needs of the position shifts over time and now there is a focus on finding someone with more internal audit experience. Most recruiters know that auditors coming from Big4 are external auditors and not internal auditors, that's a fact. Therefore, the recruiter wasted my time by scheduling an interview knowing that I had mostly external audit experience.

I emailed the recruiter once I got of the phone to let her know that I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• What is your most important professional accomplishment?   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viad (Orlando, FL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Asked the strangest questions. Did not show me the shop location or equipment.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I would work for $10.00 per hour.   1 Answer

Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viad (Anchorage, AK (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

There were two phone interviews via skype. The interview was pretty easy and went well. During the interview I was told that we would be paid 1600 dollars a month on salary and also get room and board. The other five people who took this position were told the same. When we got to the Lodge in the backwoods of Alaska (at our own expence) we were then informend that the interview was incorrect and that we would be paid minimume wage by the hour. I found this to be very disaponting and unproffesional.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was "what is the hardest job you've ever had?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

We were infomend of a salary during the interview. The company later decided to pay us minumem wage by the hour after we had alread traveled to backcountry alaska. They told us that if we did not like it we could walk away.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.