WalkMe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 Apr 2019

3.1

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WalkMe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on Skype, which seemed more like a casual conversation. A few days later I was invited for an on-site.

I arrived a bit early (20 minutes) and the first interview was more than 10 minutes late, so the day started with sitting for 30 minutes. The office culture seemed really laid back.

The first interviewer seemed completely unprepared, from not knowing my name to asking if I had sent in my resume. It seemed rather pointless, but she was pleasant at least.

The second interviewer was a director and seemed much more prepared, asking me pointed questions about my education and experience. However while talking about the company she sprinkled gossip about other employees from women she didn't like to men she found creepy. Completely unprofessional behavior for anyone, much less a director, certainly during an interview.

I slipped out after the second interview and did not hear back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult client you've had to work with, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WalkMe (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Because I was their first intern and was coming from the US, the process was a bit unusual. I simply had a phone interview/conversation with my to-be boss. She explained what my responsibilities were to be. Talked about what kind of things I have done in the past that may help me in the marketing intern role.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to learn from this experience? What have you done in the past that would help you in this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WalkMe.

Interview

1.Spoke to the recruiter for a screening process
    2.Spoke to a team lead based out of SF -- simple behavioral interview, presented the WalkThru that I created. Was a really great experience as it prepared me for what I would be doing for the job.
    3.Spoke to another team lead based out of Israel -- behavioral interview and short technical test
    4.Spoke to a WalkMe Master --behavioral interview
    5.Spoke to another team lead --behavioral/best fir interview

Interview Questions

• Why WalkMe? Many questions regarding the Walk-through that I built etc.   Answer Question

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I went through a five week process with WalkMe, was made an offer, and ultimately accepted because I believed in the product, liked the kind of work I’d be doing day-to-day, and liked the people. However, I felt like the interview & hiring process could use some work.

The process started with a phone interview with a recruiter, during which I explained my background and was asked several questions about my prior work. Afterwards, I was given an assignment to complete and send in. Once the assignment was reviewed by the team, I was given a second assignment to complete and bring to my first onsite interview. During the onsite, my first interview was with two PS team leads. They asked me a few simple questions about the assignment, asked about my background, and asked me what applications I saw for the product. Then, I interviewed with the CSM team lead, who explained a little bit more about how the org was structured, and asked me about my approach to the role. Finally, I had a video interview with the director of customer success. Shortly thereafter, I was asked for references, and made an offer after the reference check.

What was really great about WalkMe was that everyone I met with saw the tremendous business value of the product. The Customer Success org seems to have put a lot of thought into how their team can scale. There are clear paths for growth at the individual level & the org level— impressive for a rapid-growth startup. In addition, every single person I met was kind and well-intentioned.

However, I felt like there were a lot of culture red flags during the interview process. The culture seemed to skew heavily towards “fun” and didn’t seem focus on professional work. There was a lot of emphasis put on how “chill” a work environment this was, and how people play video games in the office in their down time. The rooms are named after video games, movies, drinks, and music festivals. I’m in my twenties, and the culture seemed young even to me. I’m honestly very concerned about age diversity and cultural diversity after my interview process, and I hope to see that there’s more diversity than I expected after I start. In one interview, I was (accidentally) asked a question that was borderline-illegal. I’m pretty sure this was just a slip, but it still struck me as unprofessional. In addition, one of my references mentioned that they had a call scheduled but were not contacted at the scheduled time. Again, this isn’t the kind of thing I’d expect from a 500+ person company.

I will say that my recruiter was great— she was responsive, patient, gave me clear directions at every turn, and worked with me well during the negotiation phase. This included scheduling an extra call with the CS director so I could ask a few more questions— and this is what really made up my mind about taking the offer.

I see a lot of potential in WalkMe’s product, and they do seem to have a lot of excellent people on their workforce. I really hope they up the professionalism during the interview process, and put a little more thought into incorporating diversity and professionalism into their culture.

Management Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WalkMe.

Interview

Very unorganized group and seem to be trying too hard to play the fun card. Not appealing to individuals looking for a professional environment. Talent organization didn't seem to communicate well internally, overall felt disjointed. No follow-up, which is fine as I was not interested in position.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Really straight forward. I had an initial phone screening and then met with the Sales Development Team Leader and the two Sales Directors onsite. A couple weeks later I had a follow up video interview with the Director of Sales Development.

Interview Questions

• Do you play sports, and if so how would your teammates describe you?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalkMe.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a take home assignment, followed by two separate virtual interviews with hiring managers. The process took a little bit of time, but every interview was positive and enjoyable. The interviewers were very professional and nice to speak with. The assignment was was challenging yet not too time consuming, and it was a great way to get familiar with WalkMe products.

Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief 10 minute phone call with simple interview questions. On-Site interview was the same. They mostly asked questions about my resume and past employment, nothing more than that. The on-site interview was with the same recruiter that called me on the phone. The recruiter brought in one more person to join the interview.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I spent just over 5 weeks interviewing for this role. I had 4 interviews - a phone interview with the recruiter based in Raleigh, a phone interview with the HR Generalist/Manager in San Francisco, a video call with the Head of HR for EMEA, and finally, almost 3 weeks ago now, an in person with the CEO who would be this person's manager.

I followed up with the recruiter 2 weeks ago (4 days after the final interview with the CEO) and have received no response. Such treatment of candidates (stakeholders) is shameful and reflects extremely poorly on the company and its culture, its recruiting team and practices, as well as its executive leadership.

Interview Questions

• My interviews with the recruiter, HR generalist, and with the HR Director in EMEA were as expected: the questions and conversations focused on past experience in program building, policy, employee relations, development, performance metrics, etc. I enjoyed my conversations with all three of these individuals.

My interview with the CEO was bizarre at best. He clearly sees this role as primarily the head of recruiting (completely incongruous with the job description and conversations had with the recruiter and other HR professionals on the team) whose job it should be to be in the interviews for every single candidate that gets hired - which is ridiculous, not to mention impossible at scale. I could go on about this single point for an hour. He then told me he wanted me to interview someone on his team and then tell him what that person's personality is, what their faults are. It was very odd and completely out of place. There was zero conversation about, or questions concerning what an HR Director should actually be doing and focusing on. Given that this role would be a first time senior hire in US HR for a company already at 500 employees, I was baffled by the complete disinterest in discussing actual HR. I walked out of that interview feeling like I had just visited the twilight zone.   1 Answer

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

The application process took 2 weeks. I first had a phone interview and then follow up with the interview. You get to pick your times. The interview was very casual and friendly. They didn't ask very sophisticated questions that I would expect. All in all very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.