Williams Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 106 of over 106 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Williams

Application

I interviewed at Williams

Interview

Small interview team and behavior based questions. Lots of time for questions at the end. They did a good job of discussing the role that are hiring. Quick decision on hiring

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time where you had to work with a person or team you didn't like?
    Answer Question

Williams

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams

Interview

One HR phone interview, one interview with the head Very smooth process, they mainly asked behavioral questions and experiences on the resume, did not ask any hard questions, prepare questions to ask them,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in Sep 2021

Interview

Bad job description, disorganized recruiter, unprofessional ghosting post hour-long interview. I'm left feeling like Williams expects gratitude for giving you a job so that you might survive instead of being grateful to have employees that keep the company running, or any kind of middle ground I received an email that said 'Congratulations!! You've been selected for an interview! ' as if I'd won the lottery instead of applying for a job whose qualifications I fully met. I did an online video call where you are asked questions and get a couple of minutes to respond. 5 questions with the typical things like 'Why do you think you're a good fit for this position? ' The first email I received didn't have the link in it to do the call. It took 2 emails days apart to the recruiter to get the link. A week later, I was sent a request for a Teams interview with the hiring manager and 2 of his team members. This went more or less ok though it didn't seem like they knew what they wanted or a practical way to get there. But everyone was nice, and it sounded promising. I received an email 4 days later letting me know the hiring process takes a couple of weeks. That's the last time I ever heard from Williams. I sent a follow up email to the recruiter 1 week after the Teams interview and one more a week after that. I never received a reply. After a full hour of interviewing, I was ghosted. I later saw the job reposted but with a changed description. I feel like ghosting someone post interview is rude, disrespectful, and exceptionally unprofessional. It's not face to face. It's just a courtesy email. I'm left with an exceptionally bad impression of the company.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you a good fit for the position? How to merge a branch of hotfixes with the standard codebase. (The person who asked didn't even know the answer, which varies depending on what you're using for source control.)

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX) in Aug 2021

Interview

Online considering COVID-19 postures. Many interview questions but very conversational and friendly interviewers. Interviewers were employees from different areas and locations in the company, not recruiters, which provided a very genuine feel for the employees and how informative they were about the job position.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions related to previous work experience, specifically looking at the company core values.

Williams

Application

I interviewed at Williams

Interview

First, upload the resumes on websites Second, answer the online interview questions by recording videos around 4~5 problems. Each problems have 2 times to record Third, after that on site interview at company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in Jul 2021

Interview

WIlliams uses HireVue and this includes the unfair and disrespectful practice of expecting candidates to do a recorded "interview" with no interviewer. For me, interviews are a 2 way street where I expect to learn more at every step to determine if I want to work for the company and do this specific role at the company. For a company looking to hire me, interviews allow them to learn more about me at every step of the interview process. Therein lies the unfair and disrespectful nature of this hiring practice. Williams has no skin in the game by having an automated system "interview" me and process the video. Their time is not worth more than mine and I feel justified in my expectation to get something out of every interview step. I will not be continuing my engagement with Williams if these are their hiring practices.

3 people found this interview helpful

Williams

Application

I interviewed at Williams

Interview

Many people in the room, very friendly but there was definitely a script of some kind. Shared the typical "what is a challenge you've faced" question, and also bonded with an interviewer over personal interests.

Interview Questions
  • What was a challenge you've faced and how did you overcome it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Pittsburgh, PA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Virtual interview through HireVue. Typical STAR type questions. Afterwards I received an email indicating that Williams would be contacting me for next steps. Still haven’t heard from Williams and the position is no longer posted. All I want from any potential employer is a canned rejection email. Is that really too much to ask?

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Williams

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams

Interview

I had 5 different 'interviews' over the course of several weeks. A virtual HireVue, a call with the recruiter, two panel interviews, and a 'virtual coffee break.' The process itself wasn't bad. The interviews were about what you would expect and went well. However, it took over 3 weeks from the final interview for me to get a 3 sentence form-email from a 'donotreply' email address saying I wasn't selected. I was highly disappointed that after 5 interview contact points I could not even get a phone call. This seems like such a great company and everyone was very nice/professional and spoke so highly of the company that it was sorely disappointing that this is how they chose to conclude the process and the time investment that was put into the process. I understand the potential issues and exposure with rejection phone calls and I don't fault them for taking this tack, but it was still very disheartening.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Williams

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams

Interview

First is a video interview. I was unable to get the app to work on any of my devices so I had to borrow one. There is no one to call for tech support. You are unable to ask any questions during the video interview - it's very clunky and unpleasant. I applied to two different positions in different departments and was ghosted midway through the interview process both times. Once I was told they don't even know what they pay is for the position. Definitely will not apply again.

Interview Questions
  • How would your current supervisor and coworkers describe you?
2 people found this interview helpful