Wood Mackenzie Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wood Mackenzie Interview Questions

Interviews at Wood Mackenzie

3.2

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie.

Interview

Very Professional. FIrst received an email containing numerical assessments and a pre-recorded video interview. Then finished final assessment interview for the position. Final assessment consisted technical and competency interviews , a case study, and written assessment.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview began with a Case study, presentation, and the finally a simple behavioral interview. Must work fast in the case study to have a good presentation for the directors!

Interview Questions

• Asked questions over the case study, as well as very common behavior questions.   Answer Question

Downstream Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie.

Interview

It was divided into three parts, a normal interview where they ask things like "Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone and how you resolved it", a technical interview where they ask you about the industry, and a writing section with more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie.

Interview

Multi-step process that took a little over 2 months from phone screen to offer. The process started with a LinkedIn message from a recruiter, and ended with a 3-4hr in-person assessment day. The process consisted of a phone screen, numerical assessment, in-person interview with a consulting case study.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to deal with a challenging client   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie.

Interview

The interview was pre recorded video session. It was all about general question about wood mackenzie, my interests and about the energy industry. There were only 4-5 questions that were asked. It is not that difficult.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

brief telephone interview followed by half day case study session with varying components. Initial session with hiring manager, then larger team within various geographical and commodity exposure for half day case study session

Interview Questions

• What are key areas of focus for North American natural gas, LNG & NGL markets? Issues vs opportunities?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Interview

It's a good interview experience. The interviewer just asked some behavioral questions and my previous experience related to the position. Then I asked some questions regarding the company and the position

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie.

Interview

Four Step Process: numerical evaluation, phone interview, and two in-person interviews.

This was my first set of interviews for a summer internship as a college senior. My negative experience is due to the company's behavior. After a months-long process with multiple in-person interviews, and a "we'll be in touch in a week," I heard nothing back. I sent a "checking in" email after 3 weeks and received no reply. I sent a second checking in email 6 weeks after that and again received no reply. If I had been declined the position, I still would have rated the overall experience positive. But this company asked a great deal of me, put me through a process that lasted weeks, and then never gave me an answer. I would have appreciated an official rejection and perhaps the opportunity to receive constructive feedback to help me interview more effectively in the future. In short, this was a devastating blow to an individual entering the professional workforce for the first time. I feel disrespected and confused at their professional conduct. Is this how companies really behave?

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I had applied for the Data Analyst role for the Upstream team back in April.

Received an email about the first round in the first week of May. In the 1st round, I had an online assessment on different technologies, followed by a 10 minute recorded digital interview.

After a week, received an invitation for the on-site interview. The on-site interview had 3 rounds, a data exercise on Python and SQL, a Technical round with the Hiring Managers and a behavioral round.

Interview Questions

• Online Assessment had questions on SQL, Python, Excel. Quite difficult.

The on-site data exercise was quite lengthy but easy if you have a good knowledge of Pandas and SQL.

The technical round had basic questions, just to check your experience and it aligns to the role.   Answer Question

Upstream Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

3 rounds: online test (pretty straightforward, a bunch of basic maths questions) + phone screening (chat with HR about why Wood Mac and why energy) + on-site interview (with 2 managers)

Interview Questions

• Why oil and gas? Why upstream? What do you know about upstream?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.