Wood Mackenzie Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 128 of over 128 interviews

Recruiter6%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Wood Mackenzie

Application

I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie

Interview

The interview was structured more towards the unit suitability for the person rather than the role. Questions where not structured. I didn't get the role but I have not learned much about the company or its policies.

Interview Questions
  • - Describe a day in this position - Sources of information
    Answer Question

Wood Mackenzie

Application

I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie

Interview

Phone interview with HR (high level questions around my experience and suitability for the role, salary expectations, notice period, right to work in UK etc), then presentation (90 min in-tray exercise, technical interview based on CV (experience and skillset etc.) followed by a competency interview

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a complex piece of analysis that you've undertaken - describe the situation, what you did and the outcome.

The latest conversations about Consulting India

Join the conversation on

Consulting India

7m

works at

Wipro

Hello everyone, Let's post our CTC and take home of every month, it will help many. Having home loan, mine is 16L, 1.05L every month.

2,800

1092 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Oct 2021

Interview

Requires a cover letter and CV followed by a phone and then video recording interview. Lastly, a 10 mins presentation, topic given 48 hours prior, to be presented in the final video call interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wood Mackenzie

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie in Sep 2021

Interview

1. filled out basic application 2. had to do a prerecorded interview that asked various basic questions (1 asking about recent news that interested you) 3. Gave a presentation in the final round to 2 senior people at the company on the energy transition to net zero using data from the IPCC.

Interview Questions
  • final round was a 10 minute presentation, 10 minute questions, 10 minute fit, 5 minutes for personal questions. The questions were all pretty standard and asked about experience and interest in the energy industry. They asked some questions also about what I felt would be important steps in the energy transition and what would be most difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Aug 2021

Interview

I had screening round, then one round with hiring manager, one technical test. At the end, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and data scientist manager. Because of technical difficulties, my test was rescheduled many times.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions: why do you want to join? What expertise would you bring in our team?

Wood Mackenzie

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie in Jul 2021

Interview

I applied this job and was scheduled a presentation after talking to HR. The presentation is a little difficult to me just because it's a completely unfamiliar topic to me so I had to read a lot of academic paper to find all solutions to answer their questions. It's really weird that they wanted me to demonstrate math derivation in my presentation, although I still found them the math solution and everything they asked. The interview was terrible, the manager was nice and he was the one asked me questions. I found the whole interview team were not from technical education background so undoubtedly my presentation was boring to them (I also think so but that's what they asked me to do for the demo!!!). My suggestion is if you decide to ask interviewee give you hard math answers, you should also prepare to listen to what you desire.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wood Mackenzie

Application

I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie

Interview

Very friendly people, easy to talk to, and didn’t feel overwhelmed. Gave me the chance to ask them questions at the end, and were very polite and respectful the whole time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie (Shanghai, Shanghai) in Apr 2021

Interview

do a presentation about the case study, then need to answer questions related to the field, finish with the introduction of the career path and discussion about the position and company

Interview Questions
  • How do you think the rising price in oil market would influence the distributed solar

Wood Mackenzie

Application

I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie

Interview

The interview was very nice. Around 30 minutes with the people I could work with. They present themselves and I did it too, and then we talked about how working there is like, and about my potential time availability.

Interview Questions
  • General questions about why I am interested in Wood Mackenzie, if I know what the company does and a situation where I had to analyze data.

Wood Mackenzie

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Wood Mackenzie in Mar 2021

Interview

I gave a presentation followed by Q&A and then some normal behavioral questions were asked. Finally, there was a writing practice that I cannot refer to online resources and had to submit within 1 hour. It is a test for my writing ability and style.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time you have a disagreement with your colleagues/teammates. Talk about a time when you are a leader of a team.
2 people found this interview helpful