WorldQuant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 Apr 2019

3.5

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at WorldQuant in July 2016.

Interview

A staffing company introduced me to the Company and set up and phone interview. The recruiting agent said that the phone interview will be one hour and half behavioral and half technical but no coding involved. But in reality it included coding. The person who called, introduced the company and the position and described the role and asked me if I'm interested. Then asked a little bit about my resume and asked what programming languages and other technologies I am familiar with. Then shared an interactive coding document with me and asked me write a program and gave me 15 minutes. After that, asked a Linux question.

Interview Questions

• Write a password generator that meets these four criteria:
      1- The password length is always 4
      2- The password should consist letters and numbers from {A-F}, {a-f} and {1-6} and pick at least one from each of these(randomly)
      3- No duplicate passwords generated
      4- The password is generated totally randomly   3 Answers
    • Linux: Suppose that you have thousands of different files in a directory. How would you copy all the files with .html extension into a new zip file?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply on the university career fair, after one week receive phone interview invitation. Then talking with an engineering about 25 min.Firstly, ask me to talk about my background and tell me their company mainly focus on which aspect. Then let me solve a technical question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a class to find the maximum number of duplicate element in two separate data file.
      2. Basic linux command. how to check the size of a file, how to change a file name.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorldQuant in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked about almost everything from Algorithm to Linux programming, Databases etc
    I haven't revised few concepts on Database and Linux.
    The recruiter will not tell you whether it will be a technical interview or Behavioural or just discussion. I was told that a person will speak to you.

Interview Questions

• 1. Discussion on my background. Projects I did in the past.
      2. Questions about MySQL and Cache.
      3. Given two arrays a and b find the intersection of these two arrays. Write code in python.
      - Won't run the code
      4. What is replication in Redis?
      5. Write a SQL query to find score and Rank in a table with columns id = [1,2,3] and Score=[5,7,5] output 5:2,7:1,5:2
      6. Then I was asked about source code management system. Asked to write a command to create a local branch.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant in October 2016.

Interview

Went onsite after a brief campus interview. Met with about six different people, including HR and engineers. There was a mix of algorithmic, programming language, software engineering, and behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a specific area of questioning. The whole onsite process lasted about 4 hours and all took place in the same conference room. Some interviews were in person and others were through a video call system they use internally.

Interview Questions

• How do you find cycles in a linked list?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

Met at a career fair at my university, had a nice chat and they scheduled me for a campus interview on the next day. Interview was a mini-quiz with multiple brain teasers. I got rejected the day after because I didnt get all of them right within the small amount of time I was given. Their engineer was friendly and interesting and I was sad I didnt go through to the next stage. I guess they want people to get all questions correct.

Interview Questions

• You have 2 red, 3 green and 2 blue balls. Whats the probability you choose 2 non blue balls consecutively?   4 Answers
    • Whats the probability the sum of two die is equal to 9?   2 Answers
    • You have 60 floz of a liquid mix and you have a ratio of milk to water of 2. How much water should you add to make the ratio of water to milk equal to 2?   1 Answer
    • You have 17 shares of IBM that cost you 720 to buy. You incur a loss off five stocks. What's the real price of one IBM share?   2 Answers
    • Write a program to print the contents of a matrix in a spiral order AND write a program to figure out the angle between an hour handle and a minute handle.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Ask OOP, very basic uses, but may be ignored if don't pay too much attention on OOP. Not that difficult. Then asked algorithms and data structure. Need to be good at math.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

phone interview with an engineer- directly began with questions - asked from many fields:pl, data structures, probability, linux etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WorldQuant in October 2018.

Interview

Was sent a hackerrank challenge containing 3 coding questions and 2 multiple choice questions. After I passed the interview recruiter reached out to arrange a video chat with an engineer. In the video chat we talked about an irrelevant math course I took. The interviewer constantly interpreted what I said the wrong way to make himself sound superior. Like when I said that in Calculus we don't prove most of the theorems he said to me so you just believe in things without proofs or when I said that I would prefer dealing more with systems than UI he said so you don't care about the users experience. He was really toxic and arrogant in my opinion. I have interviewed in many other places including other hedge funds and everywhere else people have been friendly towards me so I think this shows how bad Worldquant's culture is. I also had a friend who did an on site with them and he said his experience was similar to mine.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite theorem from that irrelevant math course?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldQuant (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview started with a phone round. It was basic things, like what you are looking for when you review a merge request, where you can put finals, mutable and immutable etc... After that round the next was an in person one. 45 minute with the manager and 45 more minute with the guy I was talkin via the phone and I had to make a simple coding chellenge on a notebook. The last round was a remote round with 3 person. They had 45 minutes for each. It started 18.15 at my local time so for the last one I got really tired. All the 3 guy were asking some coding chellenge again. First was a cache, second was a simple algorithm to get pairs what makes 10 and the last one was a moving average.
    My feelings were like too much check on coding.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WorldQuant (Old Greenwich, CT (US)).

Interview

One phone interview
    Online test for 2 hours
    Code test for an hour
    7 more in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How to win in casinos and few questions related to betting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.