Xavier University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Xavier University Interview Questions

Interviews at Xavier University

2.8

Gallery Assistant Interview

Interview

I worked primarily with acoustics and noise control, with my emphasis being in active noise and vibration control. I worked with the aircraft fuselage and all of the vibrations and noises created in there and limiting their effects on the cockpit. Of course, automobile engines are also very noisy being so close to the driver. I also worked with compressors. I worked with really small compressors to really big compressors. I worked on small refrigeration units using passive and active control techniques. You�d be surprised at how big an issue refrigerator noise is overseas, in Europe and Asia with their tight living conditions. I also worked with huge engine compressors of up to sixty horsepower. That�s really big for a university, you know. I also worked with reciprocating compressors, screw compressors, scroll compressors, and rotary compressors.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xavier University (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Asked questions on school history, academic standing, and reason for applying. Initial phone screening (about 30 minutes), then the first round of interviews is a case study, the second round of interviews you meet with senior-level management, and lastly, you have a face-to-face interview with a dean of the university.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Xavier?   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by an onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I was asked to prepare a seminar on a data analytic/modeling problem they presented me. I had 72 hrs to prepare for the seminar.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Jesuit educational philosophy?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle being in a mission-critical position? (The job was in the Admissions Office -- hitting their enrollment targets is crucial to the University.)   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

The process was professional and I met with people from a number of different areas. The interview was a panel interview with the search committee. I also met with representatives from academic affairs. The interview was a two step process. I met with the search committee and my supervisor for the first interview. I also went to lunch with a group from the University. The second interview involved a meeting individually with my supervisor and two faculty members. For the most part they want to know that you understand the mission of the University and that you are student centered. I was applying for a position that involved a lot of interaction with students, families, faculty, and staff.

Interview Questions

• The committee will ask you about your understanding of the Jesuit Mission and how you will apply that in your work.   Answer Question

Student Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xavier University in August 2015.

Interview

I simply got a phone call from the manager, was asked basic interview questions (though most had to do with how knowledgeable I considered myself on computers), and was subsequently hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with computers? Would you consider yourself tech savvy? Questions like those.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xavier University.

Interview

I was asked standard interview questions and then completed an exercise on Excel. The questions were mostly concerning technical proficiency and a little about people skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had competing job demands.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Director of Prospect Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

brief phone interview with selection committee staff (basic questions about job history, reference list and position related expectations. This was followed up with an on campus interview. Spent half a day on campus in several interviewing sessions. i met with each department in the division separately in panel like discussions. Many of the questions were duplicated but all said it was fairly painless. Last, i met with the divisional VP to discuss institutional values and vision. I received a follow up call a couple of days later with a job offer. We then went through a couple of rounds of salary negotiations.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Straight forward - submitted resume directly to the department. Upon review, I was brought in for an interview and a tour of the facilities with discussion about what I was expected to do and what equipment I had available to me. Interview process was brief (was there for just 2 hours total) and received a follow up via email.

Interview Questions

• Understanding the Jesuit culture - I am not from this background, so I struggled with this question the most.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I am an adjunct professor, and apparently the rate is preset, or at least that was what I was told.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I interviewed at Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Job Fair--asked easy interview questions

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Found a posting on the Xavier website. Applied online. I was contacted 2 weeks later. Had a 30 minute phone interview with HR. Then had another phone interview with a manager. Then I was invited in for a panel interview and interview with a department manager. Department was 90% female. The department raised funds from alumni.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.