Yamaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Yamaha Interview Questions

Interviews at Yamaha

2.6

Wholesale Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yamaha (Kennesaw, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and received an email to set up a screening call with HR. I promptly replied and set up a call. The call was basic, feeling out my background and experience. The HR lady discussed next steps with me and indicated that she would contact me about an in-person interview. HR person didn't seem to understand the role, which was a bit of a technical role and while I had ample experience, I felt like I was having to walk HR through basic stuff that the hiring manager with the technical experience could have easily seen on my resume. A couple weeks elapsed and I didn't hear anything so I sent a follow-up email. I never received a response. Very disappointing and frustrating when a company doesn't even have the common courtesy to send you a "Thanks, but we are proceeding with other candidates" email. They just leave you hanging and wondering. Moreover, I wanted to discuss applying for another position in the same department which I might have been better suited for, but without dialogue in the process I moved on to other more respectful organizations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   2 Answers
    • How do you work within a team environment?   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yamaha (Buena Park, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

An HR associate set up a screening call with me. She called promptly at the agreed time, and went through her questions. The call lasted 15 minutes. At the end, she volunteered what the next steps would be, and asked that if I hadn't heard back from her by a certain date, I should contact her to see what the status was. I didn't hear from her, and emailed her on the date she gave me. She never responded. Unprofessional and a poor representation of the company, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company.
      Salary expectations.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yamaha (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then a one on one interview with two managers. Not very difficult and I felt pretty good about leaving. I was told I would be notified within 10 days, It's been well over three weeks. I have followed up with emails but have heard nothing. Getting disgusted with the last of professional courtesy when companies say they will let you know and then you never hear from them.

Interview Questions

• How does one work with difficult customers   1 Answer

Spec, CS Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yamaha (Buena Park, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First there is an informal interview process from HR it is short and to the point. Then if HR is satisfied (not very hard for most people), then you are called for an in-person interview. The interview is a 2 phase interview. One with HR an one with the hiring manager panel.

Interview Questions

• HR (1:1):
      Ask the standard what would make you a good candidate for the position, things you hated about previous positions, etc.   Answer Question
    • Hiring Manager (Panel):
      This is more a weeding out type lineup. IMO shorter answers would be better as they took my long answers and if I aid something iffy they turn around an crucified me for it (then said everything is OK). They do have a laptop up and they ask questions on any topic you are suppose to be familiar with until you get something wrong. Since the position requires simple knowledge of home electronic components it seemed like going hyper technical was just to see were you good of.

Be sure to know how to answer:
      - Network questions
      - Questions about Yamaha's MusicCast vs Airplay vs Google Cast
      - Also how to connect a consumer AV system to a Yamaha Receiver (game system, screens, computer, disc player, etc..)
      - Would also help to know about Yamaha's AV products   Answer Question

Digital Marketing - Online Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yamaha (Buena Park, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief HR phone interview/screening .
    Called for interview with manager and team members.
    * Side Note: I have over 20 years experience.

They didn't hire me because I don't play a musical instrument.!!!

They are very upfront about discriminating based on this Because...... they have "Jam Sessions" at work during breaks.

There are employees that have worked at Yamaha in the music division some for 20-30+ years which has led to a musician cult type atmosphere.
    The office was musty and dated like the staff.

P.S. You could sell more sheet music if the web domain wasn't hidden.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you play a musical instrument?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yamaha (Newnan, GA (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

Began through a temp agency. Interview for permanent was pretty simple

Interview Questions

• Obstacle you had to deal with on another job and how handled   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary non-negotiable

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yamaha (Chennai) in September 2018.

Interview

Yamaha came to my college in the first week of September 2018. There were total 5 rounds.
    For the last two rounds, they will call you at their office
    1. online exam (50 ques in 60 minutes consists of quants, technical, reasoning )
    2. Psychometric test (nonelimination round)
    3. HR (will ask about you and project)
    4. Technical round (duration is about 1 hour)
    5. CTO+MD (It will be interactive, they will notice your every action and words)
    suggestion- answer confidently

Interview Questions

• Q: Pattern printing (diamond, triangle etc)
      Q: Sorting algorithm (Bubble sort, quick sort, only algorithm)
      Q: Java related questions
      Q: DBMS (triggers, stored procedure, indexing)   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yamaha.

Interview

The manager asked various questions regarding the background and experience. She took the time to know who i am and if i can the do the job. The interview was very pleasant. But don't get to excited because you never know the outcome.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yamaha (Chennai) in May 2018.

Interview

Easy process just normal questions in our own regional language. Very easy questions were asked. They offered me to join the very next day. I got another offer from my core so I rejected the job.

HSE Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yamaha (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

The first test is pauli test and then the other test just like an ordinary psychological test, they use old question so I can find the question on the psychological test book. It took's 3 hours, and then after lunch you'll be get interviewed by the HR. He ask about previous experience, about family background and ask me to answer all the question in english.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.