bioMérieux Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

bioMérieux Interview Questions

Interviews at bioMérieux

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Interview

I was interviewed by two very nice employees. One was a manager and the other a current systems engineer. They inquired about my background and how I felt about the job requirements. They explained all the tasks I would be handling and were very thorough with their explanations. I got a tour of the facility as well. A very nice interview overall and not stressful if you are confident about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your experience highlights your ability to sustain and troubleshoot systems?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at bioMérieux.

Interview

I initially applied online. Then I had two phone interviews: one with the recruiter and the other with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to prepare a 10 minute presentation that would explain where I would take the role should I be given the offer. The recruiter followed up with me and said it had been changed to a formal 30 minute presentation. I did not receive a confirmation of the onsite interview and had to follow up with the recruiter to determine which location we were meeting at.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. No behavioral-based or legally defensible questions. Only my presentation. I was asked no questions. It was obvious I was not their cup of tea. My perception is once the hiring manager saw I had gray hair, she/he was not interested. Received a voicemail from the recruiter informing me they would "not be pursuing my candidacy further."   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at bioMérieux (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Based on my LinkedIn profile, I was contacted by a recruiter who did a short phone screen. I then had a solid half-hour phone call with hiring director, and two days later had a face-to-face at corporate office in NW Durham with director and his VP. The interview ended early when the VP declared a lack of "fit"

Interview Questions

• Onsite interview was unfocused and perfunctory. Felt they wanted someone younger.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at bioMérieux in April 2019.

Interview

Standard interview, a phone screen with HR followed by an in person interview with four people (half hour each). Took about two or three weeks to find out whether I got the job.

Environmental Monitoring Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at bioMérieux (Durham, NC (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

1st Interview - 15 minute phone screen with HR. They asked salary requirements, explained benefits, typical questions.
    2nd Interview - 5 minute phone interview with the actual hiring manager. He asked me a total of 2 questions. I was told there were 3 total interviews. 100 applicants, 4 were selected for interview #2. 2 would be selected for interview #3. I didn't think I'd make it to interview #3 because of how short the interview was, but I did.
    3rd Interview – Panel interview with 4 people. 1 with biochemistry manager, 1 with quality control manager, 1 with HR to explain their benefits package, and 1 with a random guy (the hiring manager wanted a 4th input from someone not in the department). Typical scenario and personality questions. No questions that were asked to “grill” you.
    I was a finalist for the position. Unfortunately I did not receive the offer. They told me that they would be making a decision very fast and would let me know if I did or did not get the offer. Most companies will ghost you if they aren’t interested in you. What I did like about Biomerieux is that they followed through on their promise by calling me to let me know they were going with the other candidate. Overall, the interviews were a positive experience even though I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the instrument you use and how it works.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at bioMérieux.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter who set me up with HR rep. My conversations with HR during the two phone interviews were informative and conversational. In regards to the next step she wanted me to block time to speak with the hiring manager. She was unresponsive when I followed up to set up a time to speak. I thought this was handled unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• They asked to go through my resume and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at bioMérieux (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Was a mix of a behavioural and technical interview, was asked about my previous coding work and work i've done in team, and also asked very particular technical questions on the skills that they posted/required on the job listing ex. Java, MySQL, Databases

Interview Questions

• How would you create a database (rows and columns) for this data/situation?   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an on site with the hiring manager and the team. The on site interview consisted of a tour, a short technical skills test and a panel interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• Create a 5-10 minute presentation that gives the group of sense of your professional background and who you are.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at bioMérieux (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

In one word....LONG. The process took 7 weeks, started with a phone interview with HR, then another one with the hiring manager. An on-site interview followed, there were 5 managers and engineers on the panel.

Very intense, felt like they wanted to get to know every molecule in my body. I definitely felt like they talked down to me through the entire meeting and left feeling unworthy to work there. The interview ended abruptly with the standard "we are talking to others..." wrap up. I did receive an offer 5 weeks later but declined.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at bioMérieux.

Interview

Went to the campus interview where there recruiter arrived late. However, when the recruiter did arrive it was a very informal discussion about what he was looking for and asked what I was expecting out of the position

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.