hCentive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

hCentive Interview Questions

Interviews at hCentive

J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hCentive (Reston, VA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

First 3 telephonic Interviews. If they are OK with you, will call for F2F.

Interview Questions

• Asked about all technologies like why Hibernate, Why EJB? Most of them are design questions.   1 Answer
    • In the last round , core java questions which is weird?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hCentive in September 2014.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter through linked -in and was immediately contacted back. First conversation with recruiter involved generic questions around previous roles and responsibilities. Second interview was with a subject matter expert and was fairly difficult - very much a case interview style specific to my area of expertise. Third interview was set up over the weekend with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager was kind of awkward - it looked like the interviewer was more focused on showing his skills rather than listening to my answers. 4th interview was a face to face interview. Entire process took about a week and half.

Negotiation

They did not negotiate at all on the offer. Also, the recruiter did not provide any information of the interviews so the highly technical conversations took me a little bit by surprise.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at hCentive (Reston, VA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

apply online and then hr call you set up computer choice test ,
    then telephone,
    they book a flight for in person interview.

apply online and then hr call you set up computer choice test ,
    then telephone,
    they book a flight for in person interview.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at hCentive (Reston, VA (US)).

Interview

odd, it took weeks or a month for each step I blew each person away until the final interview where I was treated as if I had no clue and the manager got up and said I have to talk to a particular person we need someone in here. I have done wonders and changed where I am on my own but I was informed they do not have the system I am using I know but if you are in the field I am applying for it has to go through legal so the company is protected ironically those in the department worked on the very same contract I did and we knew the same people and had wonderful stories to tell. I was informed the person had plans for the department and as I went through my list I felt it was an intimidation factor and the treatment I received from this individual has ruined my impression of the company totally by the way I was treated. It was as if I was dumb, uneducated, could not comprehend etc I normally do not pay attention to the reviews because people can be disgruntled but she gave me an interview in jeans and flip flops so that could have been a sign. I have never been disrespected in an interview but when she stated the fact it is unconventional and unstructured she certainly showed me that. Beware is all I can say,

Senior BA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hCentive.

Interview

I submitted my resume for an interview for a Senior BA position at their Reston location. The HR person who called me was courteous and flexible with setting up the interview as per my schedule. Full marks to her. On the day of the interview, I reached the location and there was no front desk person and I kept waiting for almost 15 minutes until a gentleman came and took me to the HR office floor. There I was greeted by a HR director who was a wonderful person and her behavior was utmost professional. I had to meet with Person A and Person B. However, Person A did not turn up and there was Person C. That was the first sign that this company is not professional when it comes to interviewing. Any how the interview with Person C went on for an hour, we had our own agreements and disagreements, and overall it was a pleasant experience. Then came Person B who ran late by 10 minutes. During this session, I felt very uneasy with she giggling and laughing and she having very strange facial expressions with lot of my answers. Utmost rude and completely unacceptable. At this point, I lost my interest. The interviewing was done in two hours and then HR director came in to briefly explain about the company and so on.
    I get a call after a week to come in for a final round. The HR person gave me two options, one at 5pm and other at 6pm. I have attended interviews in past, but in the evenings sounded little weird. Just for a single reason of liking what as a company they were doing which was quite novel, I went in for a final round. I was expecting Person D to show up, but then Person A who was supposed to interview me in the first round turned up. Business analysis are tricky interviews, there is no right or wrong about the answers. It is all about the principles. Person A was just boasting about his personal experiences with clients at market place which I thought was immature and not great points to make. Finally Person D showed up and asked me few questions which did not make sense. I patiently answered and got out
    Advice to management: I know Hcentive is culturally bound to a certain country. However, it operates in America. One important thing, I learnt after I came to this country is to be punctual, disciplined and extremely respectful. All the mentioned characteristics went for a stroll in the park with the people who interviewed me. I have attended interviews in my past, except the HR management team, everyone else was an utter disappointment and the whole experience was sheer waste of time. As a very famous saying goes by
    “We recruit for attitude and train for skill,”
    Please invest on employee attitudes, which is the cover of any organization.

Interview Questions

• Core requirement gathering questions   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hCentive (Reston, VA (US)).

Interview

I regret to inform you that after being recruited from a job site by an hCentive recruiter, I underwent a prolonged process to apply, and encountered dishonest and unprofessional treatment on behalf of not only your recruiter, but also by someone who evaluated my writing sample--someone who did so without regard for standard English, or for what's accurate information on your company Web site.

The recruiter shared with me that he and others were "under the microscope" for the very issues I confronted him with after my "writing sample" was returned to me, marked up with invalid correction and using information that was contrary to that offered on the hCentive Web site.

I invested hours in the several requirements necessary to apply: I scored 67 on the deductive reasoning test; the recruiter told me the cut-off was 50, but later said that was untrue--it was actually 60-- and he changed it initially just so I wouldn't feel bad about my score. He added that he, himself, earned only a 52 so as "not to make me feel bad".

I was to write two pages in Word. NO other information was offered except to make the sample a "product guide". This was submitted and subsequently evaluated by an editor who found "tens" of "grammar" errors and I was told I would not move forward in the process n the process. At my request, the recruiter sent me the document back in "track changes" . JH had found "errors" that weren't errors at ALL. My degrees are in English and I have taught English for 15 years--her "corrections" were contrary in every case to either standard English rules or conventions and usage that was modelled on the hCentive site. In combing through the document, I sent your recruiter back a rebuttal to her revisions but it was not addressed as such--he responded only with a list of things he did in the process with me that were "off the record".

I have nothing to gain by writing except I believe prospective applicants should be made aware.

Interview Questions

• Multiple deceptive practices   1 Answer

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at hCentive (Herndon, VA (US)).

Interview

It was an in-person interview with tech teams and asked processed based questions. I was told to use charts and UML Diagrams to explain. I was screen by a BA from their team. The interview was technical.

Interview Questions

• Draw a UML diagram which you worked on.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hCentive.

Interview

This was 30 minute phone interview. Two people asked me questions that varied in nature. Most of the questions were not that difficult though they did ask why I left every job I had listed in my history. They assumed that it was money related when in fact that was not the case.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hCentive in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through linked in. Then there was one online screening test. mostly aptitude questions .. I think it was easy.
    Then HR scheduled phone interview with one of the managers .. He asked me to explain each and every project that I had listed on my resume .. but didn't hear from them after that so I emailed HR asking status and then HR replied saying they would like to schedule one more interview which was skype interview. But that interview experience was not that great ...I felt that interviewer had already made up his mind and that interview was just formality. After interview within couple of hours I received an email saying that they don't think my skills match to the job requirements. I also called back for feedback ... and the answer I got was not very satisfactory and so I don't know how did they reach conclusion.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hCentive (Reston, VA (US)).

Interview

I saw the position posted on LinkedIn and sent in my resume. I received a call from one of the recruiters a few hours after submitting my resume. They asked me a few questions regarding my resume and past job experience. I had to take an IQ assessment test -- which is timed but not overly painful. A phone interview was scheduled for a few days later. I talked with an employee who was familiar with the job so the call was very informative about what they were looking for. I was scheduled for an onsite interview with several employees. That was a long day but a good experience. I met with several people which allowed me to get an understanding of the company and its culture. After this interview, I rec'd an offer and started shortly after that.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.