trivago Interview Questions

Updated 14 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 435 of over 435 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at trivago

trivago

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter by email and invited to a first 30 minute catch up. She was friendly and welcoming and took the time to talk about the positives of working at Trivago but also honest about the travel industry challenges.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you thinking about working at Trivago?
    1 Answer

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in Mar 2021

Interview

Mandé mi solicitud y me respondieron, casi, un mes después. La primera entrevista fue 1 hora en la que me hicieron preguntas relacionadas con Android, mas que nada en arquitectura, SOLID y testing. De igual manera platiqué mi experiencia. Después me enviaron un ejercicio para hacerlo en una semana, que es algo que sí necesitas dedicarle mucho tiempo. El tercer paso fue un code challenge con ese ejercicio que mandé y preguntas sobre el mismo. La última etapa fue entrevista con alguien de Recursos Humanos, un Product Manager y otro desarrollador

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I interviewed at trivago

Interview

Easy and welcoming. Interviewer made me very relaxed and I never felt nervous. There were 3 callbacks. Hiring happened via a recording, then I had 2 phone calls. Last step was a personal interview, after which I was offered the position

Interview Questions
  • How many calls do you expect to make a day?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Feb 2021

Interview

After applying online via LinkedIn, I got a mail from Trivago to complete a small task in React.js code that they provided. It was very easy and took me less than 2hours complete. After submission of the task, I was invited for the first round of technical interview. Unfortunately, the interview had to be postponed twice, once because the interviewers were not available, and once because my internet was not working. The HR was very professional and willing to accommodate these issues, so the interview was rescheduled for the third time. The first tech round was conducted by two interviewers and consisted of basic questions regarding my current role & responsibilities, basic JS & React/Redux questions, followed by a pair-programming exercise in basic JavaScript at codesandbox.io. The questions were very basic and the interviewers were providing hints throughout the tasks whenever I was stuck. After the first round, I got a mail stating that I have been selected to move further with the second technical round. The second technical round was identical to the first technical round, with two different interviewers. After the 2nd technical round, I was scheduled for a Soft-skills round with a tech lead and a HR person. This round consisted mostly soft-skills questions and my roles, responsibilities, working style etc. It felt more like a friendly conversation than an interview. There were however, a couple of questions which were a bit personal/unprofessional in nature and I felt a bit uncomfortable in answering them. For example, I was asked if I am also interviewing in other companies or not, which I believe is none of their business. After a week of the interview, I was called by the HR and told that they are moving forward with another candidate. It was a bit of a shock but I can understand that there is huge competition.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied on the company website and got an Email from HR a few days later with a case study that had to be submitted in 7 days. The case study was not extremely difficult or time-wasting, but in order to pass I believe you should think a little bit out of the box rather than solely solve the problem. About 2-3 days after submitting the solution, I got invited to the next technical interview. The interview took place a week later and we mostly discussed my solution to the case study (what I did well, what turned out to be incorrect and how would I have done differently, advice on what could be done better etc). The next day I got another invitation from HR to the final 2 rounds which took place per Zoom on the same day (1 hour each with a short break). The former was about working attitudes and team/trivago fit, while the latter was about business understanding. All 3 interviews were really relaxing, informative and more like a chat to me rather than a formal job interview. I had lots of fun as well, even when I did 3 rounds of interview within one week. The offer also came blazingly fast from the managers personally per zoom, which made me feel respected and happy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Feb 2021

Interview

The first round was a case study. On successful completion, a technical discussion on the case study and interview on the job role. Third round was a behavioral round to check if you culturally fit for trivago. Finally the offered was released. Though i had mentioned my expected gross compensation clearly still the package they offered was way lesser than i had expected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Feb 2021

Interview

The process is clear and methodical. They gave me a case study about pitching to a client. It involved filling out a spreadsheet with formulas and creating a presentation. The interviewers were friendly and respectful. The recruiter was responsive and provided helpful guidance as well as honest feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Feb 2021

Interview

Application I applied directly through the website link. I interviewed for Dusseldorf. Interview The first one was a case study which they gave 1 week for it. (Easy) Second interview was discussion about case study and some simple JS code implementation on an IDE.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at trivago

Interview

A recruiter contacted me by mail and we booked a phone call a couple of days after. Was a short phone call (20 min approx), she told me that a manager would contact me and that never happened.

Interview Questions
  • How many people do you manage? Would you mind moving to Dusseldorf?

trivago

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago

Interview

Phone Call, Technical Call, Case Study, Onsite Interview. Everything was ok, people, collegues etc.. But only there is a fresh new team leader that the position will be reported, were kinda poser. Too much political talk with her. And finally we could not agree on the money.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 435 Interviews