trivago Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 481 of over 481 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at trivago

trivago

Application

I interviewed at trivago

Interview

First meeting with HR looking into your background. Take home assessment, you are given some questions to prepare, questions were a bit ambiguous at times, and while they suggest a short work time to complete they ask you questions requiring further research. Presentation of the said assessment.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience, details about tasks conducted.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in May 2022

Interview

It is a three steps process accurately described on their website. The first step is a behavioral interview (45 min approximately). The second one is a Code Review (45 min) with a couple of simple problems (You have a week to prepare your solutions). Finally, if you pass, there is a third technical interview (2 hours max).

Interview Questions
  • Expect the very important "Why trivago?" question. Read about the company's business model, partners, and culture.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

2h

a

Developer

Hi all I am holding three offers for 4yrs pure java+springboot experince from 1.) Infosys 17lpa 2.)CTS 16.5 3.) Ey pending cleared 2 tech rounds other round of tech is pending Only thing is I am very less confident, because I have only worked only for 1 year on framework of springboot and now.into different tech where we work on java. Could anyone please guide ,will I be fired/put on bech, If I wont be able to perform as per the package.Please tell me 🙏

14 Comments

Tech India

59.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=trivago~673041
Join the conversation on

trivago

Application

I interviewed at trivago

Interview

Ranking department. Be careful. They have strange case study, where they want you to achieve lowest rmse, submitting predictions in .csv. But what they expect is the whole story around what you did on each step. Feature exploration, model selection etc. I suppose the next steps are easy, since the team did not seem as professional data scientists.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Apr 2022

Interview

It was interview with the recruitment team member, it was not difficult however, in the end when I asked that as per I understood this will be inhouse recruitment, or would there be any client based recruitment also?, she replied rudely, saying "Have you seen our company profile already" where I replied yes you are providing hoteling solution, she said 'then you should know the answer' then I told her that I just wanted to clear from you. but this I felt really rude behavior from them. And normally recruiters provide their company profile and about the role itself and in this case she didn't provide instead responded rudely.

Interview Questions
  • introduction and experience. Why Trivago? expectation from Employer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at trivago (Berlin)

Interview

I would describe the interview process as involving far too many stages. 1 - general interview; 2 - technical assignment; 3 - technical group interview, and then I never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions
  • The usual HR / QA analyst questions. 1 stage lasted approx. 40 minutes, 3 stage - an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Mar 2022

Interview

After applying online, they sent a codility online assessment. It had four questions. None of them was related to DSA. What bothers me most, I didn't have a clue which topics I should prepare. By seeing codility test, I prepared DSA and problem solving. Turns out none of the question was from DSA. I didn't pass the online assessment. So I can't say further.

Interview Questions
  • Q1. Which project you are proud of? why? Q2. Can you describe how internet works from a web application's point of view? Q3. Suppose one of your microservice is continuously getting stopped. How would you debug this? Which tools you would use for this? Q4, There was a code block where two synchronized block was used. I was asked that when it might create a bug, How would I fix this?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago (Frankfurt am Main)

Interview

They give you a test and take a month to review, tell you it was great but the position is full. Gave another test for another position. They basically get free labor and analysis this way. awful.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Mar 2022

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to review a proposal for the product design lead.First round was with the head of product design very nice experience second one I was asked to do 2 tasks one review a case study and second one to review their landing page .They got back to me and had a second round.They never came back to me with a feedback.After some days I asked the recruiter and he shared with me the feedback.There where no excuse why they rejected me.They said that one reason was the internet and I should prepare a pdf to show my case study( I ve send a Figma link before the interview with the case study and another Figma link for the task ) Another think it was interesting they didn’t asked me anything for the second task 🤪. Overall I believe they have to respect the interviewer, they put effort and personal time to create tasks and be well prepared.If you afraid people who have knowledge to come to your company you should start reviewing your own employees.I strongly not suggest people coming from senior levels to submit cvs there it’s a waist of time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in Mar 2022

Interview

Generally, I do not write about interview processes if I'm not successful. I'm making this exception as I'm really impressed by the professionalism and the recruitment process of Trivago. The recruiter always kept me informed about proceedings, even small updates, answered all my queries. It all started with a case study, which the candidate need to complete in 7 days. If you are successful, you will be called for an online meet with the Team manager and peer. The last round will be with HRBP and a senior leader. The interviews were mostly about checking technical and cultural fitment, never intimidating and totally professional. The entire experience was pretty comfortable. Just one thing, it might help if the salary range is made available to the candidate before beginning.

Interview Questions
  • Challenges of cloud deal and how to handle Data protection.

Interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 481 Interviews