trivago Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 440 of over 440 interviews

Employee Referral1%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

trivago

Application

I interviewed at trivago

Interview

The interview sounded a bit rude when asking "do you have questions for me?" and the look on her face was concerning. I don't know if she's trying to get rid of our conversation or was not trying to be more proactive

Interview Questions
  • Do you have questions for me?
    Answer Question

trivago

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago in Jul 2021

Interview

I applied online. After 2 weeks, they reached me for the first interview. Obviously, they asked me to provide my availability time slot before each interview. All the interviews are done via Skype. The hiring manager took the first interview. It was more like a behavioral interview. He asked some questions to get to know my work experience, expectation, and motivation to join trivago. After 3-4 days, I asked to provide my available time slots for the coding interview. Two software dev conducted the interview. The problem statement was not that hard. I solved it. Then, their test case failed for my solution. Then, I debugged my code and resolved it. After that, I was asked to write unit tests for my code. They then asked questions about my notion towards development, my expected workplace, my process to implement a feature from beginning to end, etc. 3-4 days letters I received a rejection email stating that they were looking for a more senior candidate with more relevant work experience.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why should we not hire you? 2. What was the thing you screwed up recently in your job, and what did you learn from it? 3. An easy coding problem to solve, such as, print a minimum number of coins to return an amount.

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at trivago

Interview

Just did the case study for now. It was challenging and comprehensive. A large dataset and many tasks to do. It is almost a complete process in marketing department. You have one week to submit and it is all online.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Jun 2021

Interview

Fairly straightforward: Step #1 - Interview w/ Head of Global HR, testing for cultural fit Step #2 - Create and submit a case study about one of their new products in terms of market research, how would I position and do the messaging, as well as some what-if scenarios at the end; all these presented in a presentation with no more than 10 slides Step #3 - Upon approval, I interviewed with 3 heads of global: - Product/PM - Marketing - Branding The branding lady was "butchering" me with questions (legit ones, so nothing to complain about) on how to implement a global brand, not based on the case study I presented but on their current brand. I've outlined a few of the steps in the current presentation, but she wanted more hard facts. I believe she was too exigent, but at the end of the day, she probably wanted to work with someone who has equal experience in branding at a big tech company as her (which I didn't have, I worked for 5 years at a startup). Overall good process, too lengthy in my opinion. Too much focus on the "right" answers when presented with what-if scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • Which stakeholders would be affected by the marketing decisions based on our current business model? How would these affect them?

trivago

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter by email and invited to a first 30 minute catch up. She was friendly and welcoming and took the time to talk about the positives of working at Trivago but also honest about the travel industry challenges.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you thinking about working at Trivago?

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in May 2021

Interview

1st stage was remote interview with QA manager. Had a good time and talked about all general management and testing experiences. 2nd stage was remote interview with 2 other QA team leaders. Again we talked about general QA and management experiences. Was very enjoyable as we got along good on every level. 3rd stage was last remote interview with remaining QA team lead + 2 senior testers. This stage was good as well. Talked about general management experiences mostly and answered some management style questions. In the end sadly, they decided go for someone with “slightly different management style”. But it is understandable and everything was good.

Interview Questions
  • If everything in the team is going smooth technically, would you still try to get involved or know every detail?
  • How do you solve conflicts between your team members?
  • What is your leadership style?

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in Mar 2021

Interview

Mandé mi solicitud y me respondieron, casi, un mes después. La primera entrevista fue 1 hora en la que me hicieron preguntas relacionadas con Android, mas que nada en arquitectura, SOLID y testing. De igual manera platiqué mi experiencia. Después me enviaron un ejercicio para hacerlo en una semana, que es algo que sí necesitas dedicarle mucho tiempo. El tercer paso fue un code challenge con ese ejercicio que mandé y preguntas sobre el mismo. La última etapa fue entrevista con alguien de Recursos Humanos, un Product Manager y otro desarrollador

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied on the company website and got an Email from HR a few days later with a case study that had to be submitted in 7 days. The case study was not extremely difficult or time-wasting, but in order to pass I believe you should think a little bit out of the box rather than solely solve the problem. About 2-3 days after submitting the solution, I got invited to the next technical interview. The interview took place a week later and we mostly discussed my solution to the case study (what I did well, what turned out to be incorrect and how would I have done differently, advice on what could be done better etc). The next day I got another invitation from HR to the final 2 rounds which took place per Zoom on the same day (1 hour each with a short break). The former was about working attitudes and team/trivago fit, while the latter was about business understanding. All 3 interviews were really relaxing, informative and more like a chat to me rather than a formal job interview. I had lots of fun as well, even when I did 3 rounds of interview within one week. The offer also came blazingly fast from the managers personally per zoom, which made me feel respected and happy.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I interviewed at trivago

Interview

Easy and welcoming. Interviewer made me very relaxed and I never felt nervous. There were 3 callbacks. Hiring happened via a recording, then I had 2 phone calls. Last step was a personal interview, after which I was offered the position

Interview Questions
  • How many calls do you expect to make a day?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in Feb 2021

Interview

After applying online via LinkedIn, I got a mail from Trivago to complete a small task in React.js code that they provided. It was very easy and took me less than 2hours complete. After submission of the task, I was invited for the first round of technical interview. Unfortunately, the interview had to be postponed twice, once because the interviewers were not available, and once because my internet was not working. The HR was very professional and willing to accommodate these issues, so the interview was rescheduled for the third time. The first tech round was conducted by two interviewers and consisted of basic questions regarding my current role & responsibilities, basic JS & React/Redux questions, followed by a pair-programming exercise in basic JavaScript at codesandbox.io. The questions were very basic and the interviewers were providing hints throughout the tasks whenever I was stuck. After the first round, I got a mail stating that I have been selected to move further with the second technical round. The second technical round was identical to the first technical round, with two different interviewers. After the 2nd technical round, I was scheduled for a Soft-skills round with a tech lead and a HR person. This round consisted mostly soft-skills questions and my roles, responsibilities, working style etc. It felt more like a friendly conversation than an interview. There were however, a couple of questions which were a bit personal/unprofessional in nature and I felt a bit uncomfortable in answering them. For example, I was asked if I am also interviewing in other companies or not, which I believe is none of their business. After a week of the interview, I was called by the HR and told that they are moving forward with another candidate. It was a bit of a shock but I can understand that there is huge competition.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 440 Interviews