Cover image for trivago

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

trivago Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 493 of over 493 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at trivago

trivago

Application

I interviewed at trivago

Interview

It was averagely difficult and the process was smooth. I was stressed a little bit but the online interview was on point and for internships they have step by step application process.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe yourself?
    Answer Question

trivago

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago

Interview

Friendly recruiter and hiring manager but CPO behaviour very odd. Did not make eye contact and explain his role, and spent half of interview discussing how to fire a liked employee in his/ her probation period (in Germany it's 6 months, and guess hard to fire afterwards). Seemed like discussing personal issue.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

5h

a

Business Analyst

Why most people are jealous of Adani and celebrating his fall in last few days? He is working to build India like every other businessman in our country like Ambani,Tata, Birla, Jindal, Hinduja, Godrej, Mahindra, Wadia, Bajaj, etc. do

25 Comments

Tech India

183.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=trivago~673041
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about trivago? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with trivago employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf)

Interview

The recruitment process is poorly organised. The HR department sends out emails using the wrong templates. After the interview appointment, no one came at the appointed time without any notification. They later apologised for this and we had a call with their project manager on the second attempt. I didn't have a technical interview with them because they sent a Case Study consisting of three SQL tasks. I sent the solution, waited 2 weeks, and they didn't send any feedback, but instead sent an automated response in which they decided not to move forward with my application.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me not to share the case study with third parties. I can only say that there were three SQL tasks: easy, medium and hard. All of them were related to hotel themes.

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at trivago in Jun 2022

Interview

The process took one and half months, a total of 4 interviews two of them were almost 90 minutes. In the end of the process, they just said they have some internal issues and they don't know whether they will recruit for this position or not. I have never heard a word after that.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at trivago

Interview

Applied online and got a response from the recruiter after many days. She scheduled a 45-minute call to discuss my previous exits from former employers, my skills, some of my important projects, and my expectations in the next role. She told me she would check internally to find the most suitable role for me and then I just got a rejection email next week.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you leave your last employer? What kind of team are you looking for?

trivago

Application

I interviewed at trivago

Interview

First meeting with HR looking into your background. Take home assessment, you are given some questions to prepare, questions were a bit ambiguous at times, and while they suggest a short work time to complete they ask you questions requiring further research. Presentation of the said assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at trivago (Düsseldorf) in May 2022

Interview

It is a three steps process accurately described on their website. The first step is a behavioral interview (45 min approximately). The second one is a Code Review (45 min) with a couple of simple problems (You have a week to prepare your solutions). Finally, if you pass, there is a third technical interview (2 hours max).

Interview Questions
  • Expect the very important "Why trivago?" question. Read about the company's business model, partners, and culture.
2 people found this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at trivago in May 2022

Interview

The worst experience with the prospective employer ever. I submitted my application in April, did test case, participated in 4 interviews. The hiring process was extremely long, but I was patient enough. Finally, in June, I was offered the job with relocation. I wasted month preparing all necessary documentation (another waste was money I had to spent for notary translations required by Trivago). During this month Trivago's employment service informed me of the relocation process and contract preparation, so I quite confidently rejected other job offers. What I got in the end is the call with ambiguous statements that the company is changing its strategy and no longer planning to hire me. As far as I understand, all vacant positions were closed. Too-da-looo!

Interview Questions
  • The most important interview was the discussion of completed test case.
1 person found this interview helpful

trivago

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at trivago in May 2022

Interview

I felt the interview was going pretty well until we discussed salary expectations, the face of my recruiter changed as if I mentioned something out of their budget, so I am guessing they are not willing to pay decently for competitive candidates. The thing is that I am willing to accept less, but I cannot say it straightforward because I felt it is counterintuitive. I was mostly interested in the relocation, but they sent the email that my process wouldn't progress further, so I feel like not attempting to contact them, I am in a progress with another company anyway. Honestly, the person seemed to be like they were burned out, but that was a very personal vibe based on almost nothing.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to relocate to Germany?

trivago

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at trivago in May 2022

Interview

The process took 3 weeks, case study, technical interview and behavior interview. The interviewers are friendly and gave hints when I stucked at some question. I had chances to ask question at the end

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 493 Interviews

trivago Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at trivago as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.86 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Procurement Manager and Inside Sales Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Paid Social Specialist and Data Scientist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at trivago takes an average of 44 days when considering 20 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Procurement Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Data Scientist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 80 days).

Common stages of the interview process at trivago according to 20 Glassdoor interviews include:

Presentation: 22.58%