Mission: Our mission is to simplify cloud computing so developers and their teams can spend more time building software that changes the world.
We’re always thinking of ways to make developers’ lives easier, including an intuitive interface and ...
I have been working at DigitalOcean full-time (Less than a year)
* Amazing remote culture and laser-sharp focus on making that work
* Highly-skilled group of people who take their jobs seriously
* Really interesting at-scale problems to solve across the entire tech stack
* Current management is very open and honest about the challenges, no visible "head in sand" moments so far
* I like a company that knows at which inflection points in growth changes in management are required. From what I can see, DO has no problem making those calls
* Rapid growth (both in head count and in product offering) have created a degree of instability and disorganization, particularly at the process level
* The tech stack is very much in flux at the moment, with layers of legacy, experimentation, and modern sitting atop (and within) one-another; it's chaotic
* I struggle to think of anything else worthwhile that would warrant memorializing in perpetuity. So far it's been a pretty great place to work
Advice to Management
Management sets the tone for the company, and Mark's optimistic yet open approach to communication has been fantastic to experience. Keep doing that at all levels, even when it's painful, embarrassing, frustrating or infuriating. Honesty is respect.
Keep listening to the folks in the trenches. So far it seems that everyone wants to build the best bug-free, performant thing they can for the customers. PRSS is a great initiative, showing the team that their pains are both as important as, and synonymous with, the customer's pains. It only really works when both sides of the equation are satisfied.
I applied through other source. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Bengaluru) in February 2017.
The interview process was conducted professionally and was highly relevant to the role that I was being interviewed for. I had the right people (relevant to the role) interview me.
We are excited and proud to announce our new CEO, Mark Templeton. Read more about the next wave at DigitalOcean from Ben Uretsky:
Currents is back! ☁️ Get the latest insights on containers, serverless, workplace preparedness, and more from the developer community
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –