ABC Legal Services Reviews

Updated 13 Jan 2021

2.8
ABC Legal Services Chief Executive Officer  Steve Carrigan
Steve Carrigan
Pros
  • "There are free drinks and snacks as well as the Free Lunch Friday the third Friday of every month(in 25 reviews)

• "Free snacks and food everywhere(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Don’t always have support from upper management since they are in another office(in 15 reviews)

• "high turnover and low compensation(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good compay"

4.0

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time

Pros

Very good company to work with

Cons

none as of now i found

2. COVID-19

"Left Due to Ethics"

2.0
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers were amazing Team Lead deserves a medal The food was nice when there wasn't a pandemic

Cons

The biggest issues I have are two-fold. One was that I was told point-blank that despite a pandemic, a national housing and homelessness crisis, and an economic situation that would have made Louis XIV nervous, we would and should be serving eviction notices. I was told it's not our job to decide if a legal case had merit, that we should just serve them all and let the courts figure it out. Now, in case you haven't picked up a newspaper in the past 6 months, evictions courts are a nightmarish, Kafkaesque joke currently. I'm not interested in a job where I am effectively being told to leave my morals and ethics at the door. Second, there is an emphasis on constant growth that is not sustainable. Workloads would increase and teams would get swamped, and again, during a pandemic when everyone was stressed out by existing, we were told to suck it up. My department in particular was often ignored at best, singled out as screw-ups at worst. We were the ONLY department that never once got a single compliment or shoutout the entire time I worked there. We carried a very heavy workload, and STILL the C-suite would talk about how we should be growing and increasing numbers consistently, despite that being an unrealistic goal.

Continue reading

"A place you work as you look for something better"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're high enough on the ladder you have access to the higher management

Cons

Low Pay, False guarantees, No fulfillment through your work.

"company with poor ethics, but decent coffee"

Former Employee - Court Support Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

some nice people and free coffee.

Cons

Bloodthirsty managers exploiting their employees. The usual.

Continue reading

"Worst C Suite boys club on earth"

Former Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

0 positive take always from this dump.

Cons

Slimy adult-boys run the company, it’s very much a “my way or the highway” attitude. The ceo throws regular childish tantrums, loud enough for customers to hear on the phone. It’s shameful to need to apologize to customers for the brazen immaturity of a superior. This place is as if it is taken from a sitcom with regard to its absurd characters. Don’t come here if you are looking for a career. Don’t come here at all, really.

6. COVID-19

"Truly agregious"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food. Lower level management works incredibly hard and are good people, albeit with no power. Your coworkers are kind.

Cons

Worst company I've ever worked for. The fact that the positive reviews are from sales/marketing should tell you something. They used the pandemic to fire tenured employees and replace them. Workers who meet raise qualifications do not get raises. The CEO verbally abuses employees and lower level supervisors. Upper management is exceedingly out of touch and has no idea the complexity of day-to-day operations. HR is non-communicative - you will get your benefits at least two weeks late and get scolded for sending multiple emails trying to secure your healthcare. They try to fire valuable team members for no reason. Upper management feels everyone should aspire to be the CEO even if you have no interest in supervising/management. Trainwreck of a company. You'll work yourself to misery or be unable to afford living in Seattle. I would seriously not recommend anyone work here.

7. "Legal Assistant"

4.0
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits and a chill work environment

Cons

Not much room for growth

8. "good culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director in Hong Kong

I have been working at ABC Legal Services full-time

Pros

employer pretty hardworking and punctual.

Cons

NO COMMENTS ALL VERY GooD

"Wasn't great"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time

Pros

Good job for someone straight out of school that needs some experience in the work force

Cons

Ditto on each and every other negative review.

"If they are looking to buy your company...RUN"

Former Employee - Data Entry

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bagel Fridays and good benefits (and that is it)

Cons

There was no communication with satellite offices. The company I worked for was bought by ABC Legal. A huge point was made that they were buying not only the company but all of our customer service experience. In reality, they cared about harvesting our clients, disallowed us from communicating with the clients we had helped for years then fired us all. If you are not in the Seattle office they do not know you exist. When I had tech problems and called the Seattle office for help they asked what office I worked in they said "Oh didn't know we had something there." I have never felt more disrespected by a company than I did working for ABC Legal.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 173 English Reviews