Achievers Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Nov 2, 2019

3.9
Achievers CEO Jeff Cates
Jeff Cates
Pros
  • "Team work is a lot more fun with team of great people here(in 20 reviews)

• "Great culture with lots of social activities, clubs and free food(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Toronto location getting tight for space(in 11 reviews)

• "Some have moved on to more prestigious roles within our parent company(in 8 reviews)

1. "its great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

I have been working at Achievers part-time for more than a year

Pros

fif i can do this job dn i vl fill great

Cons

the downsides workers have to work more

Advice to Management

try 2 find more peoples

Achievers2012-08-25

"No 1 fraud company"

I have been working at Achievers part-time

Pros

They can take entry fees to enter into the company to work and I worked for one project they did not give any money to me. They did not give proper response to the employee.

Cons

I think giving a 1 rating is also waste for the company.

Advice to Management

Change the rules and regulations and give proper response to the employee

Achievers2017-12-20

"good nd co-operative staff"

Former Employee - Sales in Vadodara

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

superiors nd co-workers are very kind in nature nd supportive

Cons

n a to this company to work in very good culture

Advice to Management

lead followup is not strong

Achievers2013-09-09
  4. "Be hired at the right time, otherwise it is impossible to be promoted"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, superb culture. A lot of opportunities to learn and fun events.

Cons

The biggest problem with Achievers is compensation. First of all, the payment rate is less than the average of the market. A lot of already left people hired with much higher salaries (a friend of mine who was a senior engineer and was receiving 85K at Achievers, hired with another company and now he is receiving 120K, and this is not the only case - I heard here and there similar stories). So I cannot... understand what is wrong with matching payment with the market. Looks like they consider the lowest level of market standards, rather than average or highest. The second problem is, you should be hired at the right time, otherwise, it is next to impossible to receive a promotion. A co-worker told me he was rejected with the position of SW engineer (with less salary), and the same person 6 months later being hired as a senior SW engineer (with a higher salary)! There are a lot of engineers and senior engineers who are more deserved to be at a higher position, compared with some staff engineers hired recently. Looks like the management is more interested in new hires, rather than old employees who played a significant role in making Achievers a leader in the market. Promotions postpone again and again, and you should kill yourself to prove you deserve it, and yet there are people who are not as good as you, but they have higher positions and therefore receive a much higher salary.

Advice to Management

Investigate the market salary range, and match it with our plans. You are in the business of people and HR, so you should be more respectful of your people. Consider all efforts of the current employees, too, at least be respectful as much as you do with the new hires.

Achievers2019-11-02
  5. "Amazing transparent culture, expanding globally, and inspiring mission."

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the mission, focus on culture, and delivering for customers. Great leadership. The new CEO has been bringing in top talent leaders. Very clear growth plan. Interesting work as we look to expand into new markets and go beyond recognition to solve other problems. Good work life balance and internal mobility. Customers really love us which is very motivating. Shareholders supportive of investing aggressively... to drive growth.

Cons

Fast paced with big goals so need to be OK with change. Some of the teams are spread out requiring work from home. Toronto location getting tight for space.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep the bar high on talent.

Achievers2019-10-05
  6. "Unbeatable Culture"

Former Employee - SDR in Toronto, ON

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Achievers is unlike any other company. Not only did working here help me evolve as a professional, but it enabled me to grow as a person. Achievers truly takes into account that you spend +40hrs a week within the workplace AND you should LOVE where you work and who you work with; the workplace culture certainly reflects that. If you're going above & beyond, you'll be recognized and rewarded so your impact on... the organization will not go unnoticed. If you're not happy with the way things are going, you're able to provide feedback on how your leader can improve. If you're active and/or want to be more active, Achievers offers the opportunity to workout as a group through initiatives like free & discounted Crossfit classes, soccer, and volleyball. Something missing? Rally a new team together. If you've always wanted to be more active in the community and/or want to expand skills outside of your role, get involved with Achievers CARES, where you can help organize and source volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, etc. Overall, Achievers is a great place to work, prioritizes work/life balance, and is full of extremely passionate and intelligent people.

Cons

There was some turmoil within the organization in early 2018, but with recent changes, Achievers seems to be heading in a clear and positive direction. Pay doesn't seem to be keeping up with the new average. Noisy Office/Lack of meeting rooms.

Achievers2019-10-01
  7. "So much fun!"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing coworker and exciting growth opportunities

Cons

Noisy work environment. Office is getting dated.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting our amazing culture!

Achievers2019-09-18
  8. "Wonderful Culture, Great Salary"

Current Employee - Sales Development in London, England

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Global, the culture is one you will not find anywhere else, Europe & Aus rapidly expanding, Great base salary, No micromanagement, Flexible, Only hire talent, like a family, Growing fast so opportunity is there

Cons

Commission structure isn't set very well but is in review for change Opportunities are hard to grab, even with rapid expansion Things move quite slow

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Everyone loves Achievers and if they do leave, they are always sad to go.

Achievers2019-09-11
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Awesome team of high performers who genuinely want to help each other - Many growth opportunities - Working to help organisations grow engagement and improve EX is such a positive thing to do - Fast paced, never get bored - New CEO walks the talk

Cons

- No cons to mention

Achievers2019-09-05
  10. "This place is more than you can imagine- Totally Recommend!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

New leadership but totally showing their commitment to moving achievers to the next level, The culture here is amazing- the people are fantastic

Cons

we don't advertise why this is a great place to work

Advice to Management

invest in your branding....people need to see this

Achievers2019-09-02