Aimco Reviews

Updated May 13, 2022

Found 443 of over 454 reviews

3.9
Aimco President and CEO Wes Powell (no image)
Wes Powell
Pros
  • "Advancement opportunities: This is the single most positive for AIMCO(in 74 reviews)

• "Through internal courses and being reimbursed for outside courses contributing to my professional growth the investment in team members is evident(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Though, the fact that team members stay at Aimco should say something the company(in 53 reviews)

• "If you really want no work life balance this is the place for you(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

It was good.

Mar 6, 2022 - Accounts Assistant in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to work on difficult task.

Cons

Opportunites are Lack of authority

VP, Human Resources

Hi there. Thanks for the feedback!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was a Job

May 13, 2022 - Community Manager in Livermore, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted Rent Good Maintenance Team Ok bonuses

Cons

Low Salary High turnover Low bonuses High pressure to lease apartments Below-par health insurance

VP, Human Resources

Hi there! Aimco no longer employs Community Managers, since separating from AIR Communities in December of 2020. We'd recommend leaving your review with AIR Communities so they may receive and consider your feedback.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of Transparency

Apr 13, 2022 - Community Manager in Alexandria, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to cross learn in other departments.

Cons

Lack of transparency as it relates to opportunities for professional growth & trajectory. Outdated metrics for employee growth and underdeveloped Learning and development department. Lack of inclusion.

VP, Human Resources

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As you may be aware, Aimco and AIR Communities separated in December of 2020 and Aimco no longer employs Community Managers. All of Aimco's Community Managers now work for AIR Communities. We'd invite you to share this feedback on the AIR Communities' page so they may take it into consideration. We wish you luck in your next career adventure.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Senior developer

Mar 11, 2022 - Senior Developer in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work and enhance your carrier goals and get onsite training to improve your skills

Cons

I don’t have cons to share

VP, Human Resources

Hi there! Thanks for your nice words!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Mar 6, 2022 - Service Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

No cons for the company

VP, Human Resources

Hi there! Thank you for your review! Aimco no longer employs Service Managers, so we assume since you're a current employee that you now work at AIR Communities after AIR and Aimco split in December of 2020. We're sure that AIR would love to hear from you so please consider leaving a review on their Site.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Satisfied

Feb 15, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great field with good salary opportunities

Cons

Being hired as a floater between locations can be cchallenging

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review of Aimco. As a leasing consultant, you work for AIR Communities, which split from Aimco in December 2020. Please consider leaving your feedback on AIR's Glassdoor page, so they receive it. Thanks and have a great day!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Company

Feb 22, 2022 - Property Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

It depends on which property you work at

Cons

The salary could be higher Not enough room for advancement

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We can't tell if you were employed with Aimco (before December 2020) or AIR Communities (if it was after December 2020), but we're glad there were some pros you mentioned. If you did work at AIR after December of 2020, we'd highly recommend you leave AIR Communities feedback on their Glassdoor site.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good commission schedule

Feb 5, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in Plantation, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

knowledge , commission benefits flexibl scheduale

Cons

No opportunity to grow because lack of properties full time until operations needs to get budget yo can not have 40 hr scheduale

VP, Human Resources

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. Based on your review, it sounds like you work for AIR Communities. Aimco and AIR Communities split in December or 2020, with AIR taking over all community management. We would recommend leaving your review with AIR Communities so that they receive your feedback. Have a great day!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Not worth it; make a better choice

Mar 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The executive leadership is among the best. You'll make money.

Cons

But some things just aren't worth the money. Extremely poor culture in the finance and accounting department with 100% turnover for good reason.

VP, Human Resources

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to review Aimco. We're sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience working here and would be curious to know at what point in time you worked at Aimco. We would like you to know that at Aimco, we continuously strive to improve ourselves, and our culture. Our team members are our #1 asset, and we don't like to hear that they felt the culture was poor. While we certainly do not have 100% turnover, we would be curious to hear your thoughts and understand how you think we can do better. Please reach out to us by visiting https://www.aimco.com/contact/

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

The best

Feb 2, 2022 - Regional Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership, Salary, Benefits, Education, Bonus opportunities

Cons

I can't think of any cons

VP, Human Resources

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. We are so happy to hear that you have been happy working at Aimco for so many years. We appreciate your loyalty and wish you continued success in your career!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 443 Reviews

Aimco Reviews FAQs

Aimco has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 454 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Aimco to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Aimco employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Aimco. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

68% of Aimco employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aimco 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Aimco Job Seekers