Almabase Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 3 March 2019

4.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great culture, Awesome Team and Really cozy office"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bengaluru

I have been working at Almabase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Great culture: The team works together to achieve goals. You will be given ample opportunities to discuss your ideas.
    2. Awesome team: Best set of people you can wish to work with. Really helpful and having a collaborative goal of delivering well.
    3. Great Office: Very spacious, well designed and has PS4.
    4. Cook - you will be enjoying delicious delicacies every day.
    5 Pepper - our pet dog. She might be a little frightening to start with but she will keep you company whenever you need.

On top of all these, we have flexible working hours, no leave policy, option to work from home and a lot of freedom to execute your goals.

Believe me, you won't find a better place to work with. You will fall in love with this place.

Cons

This company is growing faster and expects you to get going quickly. You are expected to come to the pace quickly and there is no place for complacency.

2. "Great place to start your career with great learning opportunities."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru

I have been working at Almabase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Flexible working hours.
    2. Free food and snacks.
    3. Freedom and transparency within the company
    4. Place where you will get opportunities to experiment on various things which will help you grow faster.
    5. No Bossy culture, you don't need to report anyone.

You will work with smart, hardworking people and closely with co-founders of the company and which will help you to grow in various domains.

Cons

If you are not up for fast-paced deliverables and looking for a 9 am to 5 pm job then Almabase is not the right place for you.

3. "Great culture, Great opportunities."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru

I have been working at Almabase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Almabase has developed the culture to help you to grow professionally as well as personally across all the departments. Feedback is a gift! Almabase has successfully created a safe space to work where the Feedback is candidly shared with you with the plan of action to improve. Founders and employees give significant time to listen to each other.

Every project comes with its challenges and offers opportunities to experiment, fail & try again. You are encouraged and provided with all the support possible to experiment. You never know that the work might get open sourced, or content for a blog or a book or you get a chance to talk about it in a conference or maybe help the company to get more revenue.

Cons

You work with some of the best people in the respective fields, Almabase is not a place if you are looking for someone to give instructions.

"Good People, Good environment, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

I have been working at Almabase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours.
    Smart hard working people around.
    Free food, snacks, you can never be hungry.

Cons

Fast paced and hard working environment, who can enjoy it will love it.

5. "It's a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bengaluru

I have been working at Almabase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides all the resources you need to attain better productivity
    Friendly environment
    Absolute transparency
    Flexible working hours

Cons

To be honest, I've been here for 2 months and so far there is nothing that I can think of

"A great place to jump-start your career"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bengaluru

I worked at Almabase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had worked with Almabse for almost two years. I got say that this has been my best workplace to date and I am not sure if I can get a better one going ahead. I want to take a few minutes of my time to make sure that if there is someone else is looking for an oppurtunity with Almabase.

Here's the list of things that make AB a great company to be associated with:

1) The team: I know everyone on the team personally and saw everyone going out of their way to deliver the best for the team.

2)Growth: Your personal and professional growth is given equal importance to that of the firm's.

3) Office: The best workplace you can ask for. From having a great in-house cook to a super cool puppy in the office, you will fall in love with it.

4) Flexibility: You will realize that responsibilities work better than roles. You are free to pick and choose a project as long as you own it up.

5) Transparency: We(I still feel like a part of it) made a point to be a transparent company long ago and I am sure it still stays that way.

Cons

Learn fast and stay frosty. It's not a typical software company that would train you for 3 months and you do things with your training gloves on. Be prepared to take on the problems from day one, of course, you would get all the help you need.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the help. Call me for the Hawaii trip.

"A balanced workplace with a business model that works."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Bengaluru

I have been working at Almabase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most startups need to take extreme measures to make ends meet. Raise tons of money, cut corners, grow at any cost etc. But Almabase is different — balance is everything here. Everyone is encouraged to push themselves further while paying heed to what everyone's personal goals are. I suppose its possible because of the freedom that comes from not having a lot of investor pressure, a great culture, great people to work with and a profitable business model.

Cons

1. If you are watching your diet, you need to bring your own food.
    2. There are only 2 PS4 controllers, so you need to wait 10-15 minutes before you can play.

8. "Software development engineer"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bengaluru

I worked at Almabase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work hard and have fun. It's small team of really smart and hard working people. Founders consider everyone as a equal stakeholder in the company and everybody's views are equally considered. As it's a very early stage, being part of this provides us with an opportunity to learn how companies are built, how the cultural values are formed and practiced. I got to directly experience the impact of my work. I met great people while working there. I used to have enriching conversation with the colleagues who also became my friends. There's a in house cook, who provides healthy snacks and tasty food. Moving to Amazon, I miss the enriching conversations and fast paced deliverables in the office.

Cons

If you are not up for a fast paced deliverables, Almabase is not the right place.

"Awesome place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Operations Associate Turned As A Developer in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Operations Associate Turned As A Developer in Bengaluru

I worked at Almabase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had started my career here and there wouldn’t have been any better start than Almabase.

1. Encouraging team, always pushes you to become better at your skill.
    2. No bossy culture. Everyone will be treated like a partner in the company.
    3. You will be always noticed for your better work and rewarded.
    4. Open culture - all the business details are open to access and open to take any suggestions to improve the business.
    5. If you’re a person who likes to explore other domains apart from what you work on, you’re free to do so.
    6. Just join them they are just awesome.

Cons

I seriously thought of writing any suggestions to them. But I don’t think I have any cons or suggestions to them. I just wish them success for their hard work.

"Startup with great culture and challenging work"

Former Employee - Product Designer in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Bengaluru

I worked at Almabase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a true start up experience, you should seriously consider Almabase. Most of my career, I have spent working with start ups of different sizes and cultures. However, Almabase holds a special place, as I could get the truest sense of growth, scale, decision making and results.

It is a place where real work happens. Engineers are passionate and dedicate to build an efficient product. There is a always a drive in the team to be the best product available in the market.( and it is ) Customer success team are empathetic and truly help customers derive value and delight. This attitude make Almabase unique among the competitors and has brought immense customer satisfaction and applause.

It is one of the few " profit making " B2B saas Indian startups I know of. The compensation to the team members is promising and at market standards.
    If you are good at your craft and have a bent towards learning, Almabase always values it with good compensation and perks.

It has a great culture and values its team members' health, work-life balance and career aspirations. I joined as an initial team member and by the time I left, I had a caring family. I have never seen many companies that value transparency, honesty and good culture and practice like Almabase. All the team members are open to converse, help and teach. There is zero hierarchy and lots of fun.

Lot of MNCs are now trying to ape startup working methodology and my experience with Almabase is valued and helped me receive offers from major big tech companies like Amazon, Microsoft etc from India and abroad. I took an offer from Germany, and they appreciated my holistic approach to product design work at Almabase. My team was very supportive and stood by my aspirations and enabled a smooth transition.

Overall, the mood is very positive and it is a great place to experience the dynamics of a start up, first-hand.

Cons

It shares all the characteristics of a true startup and you have to expect the same from Almabase. It is not a place for longer development cycles and thorough informed decisions. It is more like deciding destinations and switching trains while on the run :P But that's what is expected I guess.

Advice to Management

More hackathons...