AlphaSights Reviews

Found 544 of over 674 reviews

3.9
AlphaSights Managing Director      Max Cartellieri
Max Cartellieri
Pros
  • "AlphaSights has a great firm culture and a fast-paced multicultural environment(in 34 reviews)

• "really great work environment constantly(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "one downside would be the long hours(in 69 reviews)

• "expect to have very long working hours and demanding client(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

6 Jun 2021 - Business Analyst in Coimbatore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team to work with

Cons

none, as far as i know

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

19 Feb 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start your career here at alp consulting

Cons

Not much to say about it

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

22 Feb 2021 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work, good environment

Cons

I didn't find any cons in this company

4. 5.0

Goid

5 Nov 2020 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment colleagues work balance

Cons

Nothing to share can improve on recruiting

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It is a decent place.

4 Dec 2020 - Software Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan, Rajasthan
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Nice environment. 2. Friendly people.

Cons

1. Growth rate is slow. 2. Lack of Bonus.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Excellent

8 Aug 2020 - Senior Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice company to work

Cons

Needs more improvement in terms of benefits

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

20 Jan 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

All well good company for learning.

Cons

No cons. Keep rocking ahead.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Is the grass greener on the other side?

11 May 2021 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very collaborative, professional, international and well managed environment. This is a huge pro. Everytime there is an operational problem or feedback, there is appropriate channels and everyone works on the same page in a clear cut, fast and efficient manner. Very efficient environment. Everyone speaks good Eng and is from a respectable background (lack of diversity in age, background, etc though). - Great tech support & infrastructure. Every time you encounter a problem, someone comes straight away. Provides apple phone and laptop. In a nutshell, they have the best support to ensure you do your work best and right. - Generous office experience - organizes fun events with good food and drinks. Always a blast and you can expect the best from them.

Cons

- Doesn't let you do things your own way. this may depend which team/manager you're under, but generally there's standard best practices for everything that you ought to follow. You feel like you're moulded into a certain AlphaMachine - Overemphasis on professional development, too many fluffy meetings. - In terms of job desc, learning curve becomes stagnant after a certain point - Constantly need to be on it, even post working hours, during weekends, etc. The faster you are, always the better

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

14 Jun 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent, collaborative work culture. Working alongside a team of driven engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders was a delight. Great benefits and compensation, I always felt valued while at AlphaSights. The company, especially the engineering department, really encourages a healthy work life balance.

Cons

Not much to say here, to be honest.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Launchpad for Your Career

27 May 2021 - Senior Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at AlphaSights. Not knowing what I wanted career-wise straight out of college, AlphaSights gave me a place to build skills and learn about myself to determine the best next step for me. I worked in two roles in different business units at AlphaSights and left to attend a top grad school. My favorite parts of my AlphaSights experience: - You are surrounded by other young, outgoing coworkers and make friends quickly. - Office environment is great (e.g., free snacks and drinks, ping pong table, etc) - The amount of support/training you get from day one is incredible. A trainer who is 1-2 years into the CST role is assigned to you. You sit at adjacent desks for 3+ months and your trainer helps you to get up to speed quickly. You never feel like you're spinning your wheels. On top of that, you meet with your trainer weekly to go over feedback. You also have a monthly meeting with your Manager to focus on your career and individual meetings with your VP are also pretty frequent. - Internal mobility is fantastic. I reached a point where I was ready to move on from the CST role and was hired into a separate business unit at AlphaSights for an entirely new job. For me, this meant I was able to stay at the firm I liked while also transitioning to a role that fit me best. - Leadership is highly approachable, they listen to employees, and they invest in you. I only worked at AlphaSights for ~3 years but came to personally know most of AlphaSights's leadership. As an example, a few days before I left, I had a 45-minute 1 on 1 chat about my time at AlphaSights and my feedback on the firm with the CEO, Max. My VP also wrote me a letter of recommendation for grad school. - AlphaSights is a fast-paced and collaborative environment. It is also competitive in the sense that you're often trying to beat out other firms and reach new performance highs, but you aren't competitive with your fellow coworkers. People support each other. - Exit opportunities are quite good, especially for those who become Managers or above. I've known many people who've gone on to commercial roles at prestigious companies (e.g., Google and Amazon) as well as smaller, innovative startups. - AlphaSights continues to grow quickly. This means more opportunities for employees - also, more simply, it's fun to be doing well.

Cons

- The CST role can be stressful especially due to the unpredictability that comes from working with clients and experts. 'Fires' can happen at any time at no fault of your own but it's still your responsibility to put them out. - Don't waste any effort trying to negotiate your compensation - AlphaSights has a no-negotiation policy. - Diversity at AlphaSights is improving due to steps taken by leadership, but it is still lacking.

4 people found this review helpful