AppNeta Reviews

3.8
AppNeta President and CEO  Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens
Pros
Cons
  • "lack of transparency and honesty from upper management(in 6 reviews)

• "I'm guessing this is common in start ups but there is a high turnover rate(in 6 reviews)

1. "Ambitious tech company with big goals and challenges ahead"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time

Pros

- Fast paced tech-centric organization presents an excellent opportunity to diversify technical skill set. - International client base results in interesting support challenges to solve. - Healthy amount of employee success recognition by all levels of management.

Cons

- Constantly evolving technology sector and competition means the company will require laser-sharp focus to evolve the core product and keep it relevant. - Small range of product offerings may result in difficulty retaining talent as they seek out new areas to push their careers forward.

2. COVID-19

"Fired at start of COVID-19 quarantine"

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally good coworkers (e.g. a few reached out after I was fired because they were surprised to understand that I had quit suddenly). Solid product, decent advancement opportunities, cool customers.

Cons

Very up-to-date Plan B (in case of pandemic, new unemployment rate record, economic shutdown, etc) recommended while working here in particular.

3. "run away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

there are no pros to this crap company

Cons

unprofessional to say the least

4. "A"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Great company to start your career * Excellent work life balance * Casual working environment * Unlimited snacks (could be a con) * Responsible managers

Cons

* No RRSP contributions * career path might be limited

5. "Just Another Racist Canadian Company Against Asians."

Former Employee - Software Dev in Vancouver, BC

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None Applicable at the Company of AppNeta.

Cons

-Racism. -No Career Advancement. -Excessive Micro-Management. -Poor Management Decisions. -Those who are actually doing the works are not appreciated.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Racism is a strong word and one that has no connection to the widely diverse culture at AppNeta. If you did ever actually work here (or if you still do...), I'd personally appreciate hearing from you directly/privately to understand more. Our ~50+ promotions/advancements (which are celebrated every month in our "all hands" meetings) in the last 24 months from a multi-cultural team is so far out of line from your review that I wonder if you've confused us with another firm?

6. "Great company, great people , interesting projects"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Company has amazing history and technology to stay among the leaders on the market - Interesting Projects, Good Work Life Balance, Great Team - Management team is very helpful - Good location if you take public transit in Vancouver

Cons

Company keeps growing, which is great, but always assumes some growing pains

Continue reading
  7. "Great company that cares"

4.0

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Management genuinely cares about its employees * CEO is a great guy (although he rarely visits the Vancouver office) * Fairly interesting engineering problems to solve * Really good work-life balance (at least when you're not on call) * Good position in the market * Lots of stability if you're looking for that, many people have been with the company for 5-10 years * Fun atmosphere, beer Fridays, foosball league

Cons

* On call can be literal hell * Only one day WFH a week, although management is pretty lax about it * Lots of tech debt * Foosball games can get pretty heated

Continue reading
  8. "Honestly, this place is a scam - stay away"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are just starting a new job out of college and want some kind of experience in the tech industry, they have a decent training. Or at least they used to, not sure what they have now as the entire company turns over every couple of months with the exception of 3 people who have been on the sales floor since the beginning (and hold all of the profitable accounts in their name).

Cons

Horrible place to work if you intend to have a career. From a business stand point, they have gone through multiple VCs who have all dumped them. They do not have the management to keep solvent beyond whatever scraps they get from various VCs. From the tech side, they are now considered irrelevant.

CEO

Although this review was clearly written 6 to 7 years after you departed, I still appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts, regardless of the distortion of facts contained within. There were some extra challenging days in the beginning for sure, but thanks to a dedicated team (who's average tenure is now close to 5 years ...), we continue to achieve to new highs across the board.

9. "Great Place, Amazing culture, Very interesting product work"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The entire management team here just gets it. The culture is like a startup and supportive like a family.

Cons

Lots of legacy code to deal with; Eventually everything is legacy code though ,so it's best to embrace it and continue to work on making things better where we can get the most value - and we are constantly improving that space.

Continue reading
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A really good team of people (team feel, always willing to support and help each other, learning together) - Support from Upper Management - Promotion from within - Solid compensation & benefits - A lot of additional offerings like team outings, food in the office, and regular trivia in the office

Cons

- Need to work from the office (which I don't think is really bad as AppNeta is trying to build out a culture)

CEO

Thanks for your input - always appreciated! We'd love to hear more re: your thoughts on how our current work from home policy could be improved ... please consider talking to your manager or People Ops to share your ideas here. Or drop by my office/send me a note directly.

Found 85 reviews