Avanti Computer Systems Reviews

Updated 31 Dec 2020

3.4
Avanti Computer Systems President & CEO Patrick Bolan (no image)
Patrick Bolan
  1. "Horrible, Just Horrible."

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

- free coffee, and parking, but there is no TTC rebate for people who do not drive.

Cons

- 1 on 1s with managers are useless, as issues are not address - blatant favourtism - First time managers have no idea what they are doing - People talk, but never put things into action - And many many more.

Continue reading
  2. "Sacrifycing quality to speed"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coffee, flexible hours, supportive colleagues, company events, outstanding professionals

Cons

Software shop that doesn't care about the quality of software its producing. Software development is driven by the unrealistic deadlines, direct intrusions by sales/account managers. No established software development process or culture. Cowboy coding

May 19, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. We truly value every team member’s input and encourage each individual to share thoughts and recommendations with your manager.

"The ship is sinking, slowly"

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally kind staff, free parking and coffee

Cons

Horrible management filled with sycophants and yes men. At least the old CEO “retired” to count his money. Amazed the place hasn’t been shut down by Ricoh yet. Director of Organizational Effectiveness is a master time waster and the least effective person in the whole place.

4. COVID-19

"Quick response, glad to be on this team"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked here for a few years and never felt the need to write a review until COVID19 and I feel the company's reaction pretty well summarizes working here. Begining of March when the virus started being a local concern they put hand sanitizer around the office and sent an email to staff advising employees work remotely if needed. A week later when it was clear the virus was going to be a bigger issue they closed the office and had everyone work remotely. The company worked quickly to help employees get set for working from home in self isolation. We have a lot of great, reliable, hard working people on our team, and while we are not the biggest software company I know we put out a solid product that helps our users at every step of their print production workflow. I have all the software and hardware needed to effectively do my job (a relief after being at a previous company that provided the cheapest laptop they cound and did not understand why that would be a problem) and coworkers I can count on when I need help.

Cons

Would like the company to hire more developers so we could get through more bugs and mods faster. Also consider the office being located in Toronto, an pricey city for homes, to be a negative.

"Great company amazing people"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You work with amazing people who will go out of their ways to help when required - Managers help you achieve your personal goals and work goals every quarter - New Perks are amazing! :) Day off on your Birthday is just a start - Work/Life Balance is great - managers are very understanding

Cons

- With every software company, high stress but manageable if you are organized - Salary could be above industry standard

May 19, 2020

"Time to right the ship"

I worked at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, smart people who go above and beyond to help customers, partners and colleagues.

Cons

There's not much that I can add that hasn't been already said. In a nutshell: - Narcissism and Misogyny from the CEO's office - Boy's club - Blatant female sexual discrimination - Sweat shop - Customer dissatisfaction - Lack of respect towards employees - Low morale - Lifeless work environment - Criticism, bullying, temper tantrums and backstabbing

May 19, 2020

"School Like Atmosphere with lots of micro management"

I worked at Avanti Computer Systems full-time

Pros

You can be fired anytime for any reason so you will learn a lot of humility when it happens to you

Cons

Cut throat, low pay, stressful, depressing work environment, disconnected owners, lack of cheer, low energy employees, no raises, poor compensation

Continue reading
  8. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Pre-Sales Specialist

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The overall culture of Avanti is very positive and friendly. Your co-workers are always there to help and not criticize if you have questions. On-board training was great, and I felt like I was able to get up-to-speed quickly. There are frequent company outings, tournaments around sporting events/movies, and recognition for those that do a great job.

Cons

If you work in the US, you only get US Federal Holidays off. You do not get the day after Thanksgiving, or December 24th off, for example.

Continue reading
  9. "The best of both worlds"

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time

Pros

-Small company that is nimble with large parent company backing -Highly knowledgeable employees with Market/Industry/Domain experience -Markets are growing so their is lots of room to innovate - print communications is not a stagnate or declining industry -Great blend of new employees mixed with long tenure (15 years+) employees -Strong Product: out innovating competitors, higher CSAT then competitors, lots of best of breed integrations -Great customer relationships -numerous long-time customers 12+ years and more.

Cons

-Nothing material comes to mind

November 16, 2018Avanti Systems

Thank you for the time you took to write this review about Avanti. We aim to be as open with our staff as possible. Company meetings are tailored in this very manner to answer any questions that may be brought up. Of course, we promote this behaviour even outside of company meetings. Our management team always has their doors open to anyone looking to give suggestions or ask questions.

10. "An honest review of my time with Avanti"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Avanti Computer Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My experience has been nothing but positive with Avanti. I have been with the company 4 years now and in that time have been given plenty of opportunity to grow and advance. I started with Avanti as an Implementation Specialist. For over three years I travelled and acted as a trainer and ambassador for the Avanti brand and its products in front of customers across the globe. In that time I have only had support and mentorship from my fellow colleagues and leadership team. Very recently a position opened within the organization which allowed me the opportunity to advance further down my career path as well as expanding my skill set. When I approached my then current manager with my interest in this position he was nothing but supportive and helped coach me through the process. In my new role as the Customer Experience Manager I have been introduced to new challenges with leading a team and getting up to speed with a part of the organization that I had not been in prior. My current Manager, our GM, and our CEO have been with me every step of the way to ensure that I am supported and able to be as successful as possible moving forward. This is the first time in a while where I feel comfortable in saying that this job is not a means to an end but something I truly enjoy doing. I have seen some other negative reviews on Glassdoor and I can honestly say that what has been said is so far away from my experience with this company. If anyone reading this has conflicting thoughts based on other reviews they have read, I am more than happy to have a conversation and answer any questions that I can. Paul Tarascio

Cons

My major con right now would be the commute. I am coming from north of the city and the drive in and home is a bit long for my liking. Truthfully though, Avanti is fairly flexible am I am able to work at least one day from my home office.

November 16, 2018Avanti Systems

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Avanti. These are the types of success stories we love to hear! We pride ourselves on the opportunities that we can provide to our staff through hard work and passion. Growth is always possible and we will always support our staff on that journey.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 English Reviews