Bancroft Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Bancroft Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2019

Found 147 reviews

3.1
Bancroft CEO Toni Pergolin (no image)
Toni Pergolin
Pros
Cons
  • "Overworked, stress, low pay, injuries from student aggression, very difficult job at times(in 7 reviews)

• "Higher ups will not step in when you ask for help, they wait until something terrible happens to assist(in 6 reviews)

1. "Rewarding Career - Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been employed with Bancroft for many years and have nothing but good experiences in every position I held. Yes, the job, especially direct care, can be challenging at times, but the reward is to see the Individuals we support, reach their goals and life a happy life. The people I got to know over the years have become my second family. The company consistently strives to become better and provide... opportunities for their employees to further their career.

Cons

It does need a certain person for this job! If you don't have the compassion and love to help individuals with disabilities it might not be right fit for you.

Bancroft2019-09-17
  2. "Bancroft is my family away from home. I LOVE working here!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Team Member

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

As an employer Bancroft cares about employee's present and future success. Open communication is encouraged and actionable change is seen in response to the employee's feedback. Personally, I have worked with the best teams at Bancroft than any other company. I love and care for the individuals we support dearly, and so do my co-workers. We strive to be better everyday and it shows!

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to ensure your employees are heard and continue to act on that feedback.

Bancroft2019-09-17
  3. "Great company with tons of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

room for growth, tuition reimbursement/opportunities to advance education, positive work environment.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the organization.

4. "I'm Home"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Persons Served always come first. Room to grow, Employee incentives, and opportunity.

Cons

Not enough time in the world to explain how GREAT this agency is

Advice to Management

Always let your employees know how important they are!!!

Bancroft2019-09-16
  5. "Say NO to Delaware"

Current Employee - Program Associate in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working with the people we serve

Cons

*Overworked, under paid, unappreciated... *upper management is not supportive *Director is clueless *They get rid of good direct support staff and keep those who do nothing but cause trouble.

Advice to Management

Run! Program Managers do great while upper management(director and Assistant Director) take all the credit. House managers have no support from upper management.

Bancroft2019-08-17

Bancroft Response

August 19, 2019Director, Employee Services

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of our employees and work extensively with Delaware legislature for fair reimbursed rates so that we can provide a living wage for our employees. I’m disappointed to hear about some of your experiences with upper management which certainly ...

6. "Program director of facility for seniors with dd and BI"

I worked at Bancroft

Pros

Quality of care , integrity and committed staff

Cons

Salary for direct care staff

Advice to Management

No advice. I learned and worked with the best in the field

Bancroft2019-07-09
  7. "Lies of Bancroft"

I worked at Bancroft full-time

Pros

The clients and clients only

Cons

Upper Managment (Directors and above) - if you are a manager or DSP, welcome to the world of politics and misery. The upper managment make decisions about clients they do not work directly with. Since they dont directly work with the clients, the clients pay the price. Clients are moved around in programs almost monthly. For instance, if a client is having an altercation with a peer, one of the clients will be moved.... Even if the client is not appropriate for another placement, they will still be moved. The unforeseen and unwarranted move hinders the client, direct support staff, manager, and program itself. The only people it does not hurt are the upper managment that sit at desks all day. The company pretends to focus on caring for its staff and making sure staff think their opinions count. In reality, even if you have worked at Bancroft for 10 years, they wouldn't even hesitate to let you go. If a Director doesnt like you because you give too much push back or say no because you dont think whatever they are asking of is unfair for the client and other staff, they will do anything in their power to push you out. I can name about 5 managers that have been pushed out of the company. One even received hush money. Regarding your opinion, the only people your opinion matters to are your other direct support staff and manager of the program. Other than that, the Directors and above could care less about what anyone thinks. They will do what is best financially for themselves as a company. If you do not have good insurance as a client (Medicaid / Medicare v. Pliga) you will receive the smaller bedroom and not benefit from all the therapies that are needed. Typically since the upper management doesnt listen to the manager of the program or direct support staff, the client suffers. Eventually, the client does so bad that the upper management team decides to do what the manager and staff originally suggested. There is no team work from the upper management team. They are completely hands off. They only bark orders. As previously mentioned, if you do not jump to their demands, you will be pushed out of the company. Program Managers and direct support staff are often burnt out due to all the demands of the job. Instead of hiring people to help the programs run better, therefore ensuring the clients receive the best care they deserve, the company rather save money and make programs run with less than is acceptable and needed. Company is not client focused as they make you believe. It is all driven by the amount of money that the client brings in. For instance, one would think a client in a wheelchair would get a bigger bedroom or more therapies. Nope. If the client doesnt bring in enough money, that client will get the smallest bedroom, which makes it impossible to navigate around in a wheelchair. Additionally, that client will only receive 1 hr of pt/ot when 2-3 hrs a week is needed. Upper managment has no heart. I cannot stress that enough. If you want to work for a company that treats their employees with respect, do not work for Bancroft. The pay is horrible unless you are a Director or above. Ironically, they are the ones that do absolutely nothing but sit at a desk all day but receive a respected salary (65k and above). Not to mention, some dont even have a degree. However, the company really only hires direct support staff and managers with degrees. Interesting, right? Programs only look nice during State Inspection. Why? Because that is when programs are allowed to buy necessary items. If it isn't inspection, dont expect the program to be clean or well kept. That.program will run with a broken couch or cracked TV until State Inspection. Than everything will be fixed to give the illusion that Bancroft cares. After state inspection, it is back to normal and not caring. Who does that hurt the most? The clients.

Advice to Management

Remember what it is like to be a direct support staff. Remember why you are at Bancrodt in the first place: the clients. Then look at yourself in the mirror and truly think about who you have become: heartless, robots that provide absolutely no leadership or compassion.

Bancroft2019-06-02

"Stay Far AWAY!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are zero pros here!

Cons

Every single person except the staff that actually work directly with the individuals get paid here!!! Management in most programs are a joke! They hire any and everyone and people do the minimum just to get a paycheck. Its like a high school atmosphere. The group homes are all old and filthy. Managers wait until yearly inspection time to patch things up just to pass and then the homes go right back to there... horrible conditions. I have never seen any individual actually improve, they either stay the same or get worst! Higher ups will not step in when you ask for help, they wait until something terrible happens to assist. The ABAs just photocopy old tracking sheets and want you to complete SO much unnecessary data that ends up being useless. They have a new point system which is probably the worst thing ever. If you are scheduled to work and need to call out you will gain points AND have to use your PTO. If you pick up additional shifts there are managers that will wait until 1hr before to cancel you, or even worst they will wait until you drive all the way to clock in and tell you they dont need you. Every little thing is a point! Or 2!! OR sometimes even 3!!! Honestly stay far far far away from this place. You would actually do better working fast food. You are not making a difference. You are dealing with issue after issue until they find a way to make something your fault and fire you.

Advice to Management

Pay people appropriately! Managers, directors and all the rest get decent pay checks and literally do NOTHING to help the individuals we serve. Start hiring management from within. Managers should not clock in and just sit in the office all day doing nothing. Its really a joke!

Bancroft2019-03-01

"Honest review"

Current Employee - Lead Health Care Coordinator in Woodstown, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good work, caring, above and beyond, recognition,

Cons

no accountability, call outs, attitudes, favoritism,

Advice to Management

Hold staff accountable and start with yourselves.

Bancroft2019-01-16
  10. "Senior Program Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Program Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the person served. Very rewarding. Flexible hours. Benefits.

Cons

Low wages, other staff members don't always pull there weight, makes your job harder. Long hours

Bancroft2018-12-29