BitTitan Reviews

4.2
BitTitan CEO Geeman Yip
Geeman Yip
Pros
Cons
  • "Unlimited PTO is a gimmick to not have to give employees real vacation time but have them always working(in 5 reviews)

• "CEO seems to believe he can do everyone else's job better than them, and all at once(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Erode

I have been working at BitTitan full-time

Pros

Good environment to work in this concern

Cons

Nothing negative in this concern

"One of the best Companies to work for"

I worked at BitTitan full-time

Pros

Good management,Best working hours,two weekly off,Nice work culture

Cons

No cons in this company it is best

"Their Future is grim, after multiple failure"

1.0

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice Office. Great amount of drink options, for any new comer or visitor it give nice image and certainly compete with Google kind of world (while horror story only people who work or worked knows). Free Parking in US not sure in Singapore office (i guess it is more stringent over there), MigrationWiz, this is certainly the positive thing they had done in past, they are being know in market and ridding on it's success (bread and butter). Sad, they are not focusing on this anymore.

Cons

I don't want to waste my energies in writting long review. Just go down and read all 1 starer (believe me that they all are genuine and depicts what happens inside company). If you still want to work there, then please go for it but i know what is going to happen there soon. Risk is all yours. Dynamics are not in favor of bittitan. Investor's investment, Oh Dear !!! I feel for you. How can you do such mistake for funding on concept rather than on existing product. Whatever happens, only they know. All money went in drainage for arranging bigger office, which is half empty and no possibilities of filling, soft drink maker, useless business trips for executives and making failed products, for which they did not have proper testing even.

4. COVID-19

"Unique culture, interesting work and awesome colleagues"

Current Employee - Engineering Lead in Singapore

I have been working at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* The company is on a growth trajectory and business outlook seems to be pretty good for the next few years * Company has an excellent culture that includes regular events, food and activities * Company has done well during the pandemic and has continued to value employees by giving us WFH benefits * Engineers are great to work with and have a very open minded culture of improving the product and codebase * Getting the chance to work on product and features that are immediately going to be used by customers all around the world * Given the small size and the growth of the company, there are lots of opportunities to grow holistically and learn across departments such as support, sales and marketing * Developers get full ownership of the features they build and get end to end visibility into building from scratch to shipping software to customers Misc: * Excellent office space with a fully stocked pantry * Good workspace with very good multi monitor setups and standing desks for all employees * Office space to relax such as the social hall, pool table and foosball table

Cons

* Sometimes there might be volatility with the product roadmap; although this has been steadily getting better over time * Communication between teams and also between Seatlle and Singapore can be better * Escalations for big customers can cause disruptions to the feature work and cause some extra workload

5. COVID-19

"Best Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at BitTitan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people! Love the culture, this is a work hard play hard kind of environment. My manager is very helpful and I feel like I get the support I need to grow my career and be successful in my current role. Due to Covid-19 lots has changed, and we all work from home. I am very impressed with how BitTitan is continuing to promote its culture and values. Can’t wait to get back in the office when it is safe as the facilities team is amazing and definitely knows what employees need and how to treat an employee. The HR Team is very helpful and always a ping away from any of my questions.

Cons

Again, this is a work hard play hard kind of company and it is not for everyone. I cannot think of any other cons as I have been in the company for just about 6 years and if I was not happy working for BitTitan, I would leave. I am a millennial and we do not like to hang around for too long unless it works.

Continue reading

"Sell before falling behind further"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful office with all the snacks you will ever need. On-site gym. Lots of activities and events. There is demand for the migration service.

Cons

There is little demand for the cloud automation side of the business. The dev team is a shell of its former self. Most of the OGs under the former CTO have moved on to FAANGs and baby FAANGs, and doubled/tripled/quadruped their TC in the process. The company needs to overhaul its comp structure if it wants to compete in the Seattle job market. If can’t fork over more cash, increasing stock option grant by 3 to 5 folds would be a good start. The CEO. We all agree he’s unbearable at times, though it is no small fate to cofound a 200 people company. Without the CTO being around, the need to have a strong C-level exec backed by the investors to counter balance him is more important than ever.

7. "Fun company with good opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at BitTitan full-time

Pros

BitTitan is a great place to work and here are a few reasons why: • Professional Growth – BitTitan is a company that trusts its employees and their ability to do their job. Knowledge and information sharing from personal/professional experience is huge. BitTitan is also supportive in allowing you to pave your own career path as you and the company grows. It is a great place to learn and develope new skills to take your career to the next level. • Great product that customers love – why not be part of a company that continues to deliver to its returning users/customers? Your work will not go unnoticed and have immediate impact! • Colleagues – Motivated, talented, fun group of people at BitTitan! When you enjoy working with the people around you, it makes work that much more fun and pleasant. BitTitan also has a good culture for recognizing each other for hard work. BitTitan culture is work hard/play hard, the facilities team does an excellent job with creating and hosting activities both in office and digitally for remote employees. • Work/Life balance

Cons

• Department alignment and communication – this comes in waves where it feels like departments are moving quickly in all different directions. • Fast-paced environment – not necessarily a con but there are times when things pivot pretty quickly unexpectedly.

8. COVID-19

"Strong and Stable - Outlook, better than, Good"

Current Employee - Administrative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at BitTitan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong and stable throughout the pandemic. CEO, Chief of Staff, Senior Management Team all care about health and well-being of employees. Culture and Environment are top-notch.

Cons

That I didn't start here sooner.

"Could be great, but..."

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Some really great coworkers who are good people and work hard to get things done right * Great customers who love BitTitan * Great offices in Singapore and Bellevue

Cons

* The CEO is BitTitan's biggest liability. The turnover rate at the company is horrendous. He is likely the main reason for the roughly 30% turnover at the company in the last year and. There seems to be a big blowup about every 2.5 years. The CEO is determined and single minded but lacks any leadership instincts or abilities. He blamed his developers for the failure of his incubation product MSPC even though he would not let the idea fail fast and die after there was no demand. As soon as someone left the company the CEO would waste no time in telling as many current employees as he could that the former employee did not know what they were doing or didn't do something right. Not very professional and not behaviour fitting of someone in the CEO position, let alone any management position. - Lacks emotional intelligence. Cannot keep his cool or help but yell when he gets upset, which is much of the time. Does not listen, but merely tells so any meeting with the CEO becomes a painful listening experience for you and one in which an actual conversation does not occur. - Clearly narcissistic. I think he believes he truly knows everything about everything and if he could, he would fire everyone in the company and go back to being a company of one employee. - Has majority vote in the company

Continue reading
  10. "Strong tech company with in demand, easy to use and reliable software product."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at BitTitan full-time

Pros

Empowered to deliver world class software and grow my technical career path. Encouraged to grow and learn new technologies and improve problem solving skills. Values are practiced in every aspect of the company and teammates look out after one another.

Cons

Legacy software is challenging to maintain, esp with a lot of customers using the product. Very few people for such responsibilities on top of growing more capabilities and supported features.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 137 Reviews