Bluebeam Reviews

Updated 17 Feb 2020

3.5
Bluebeam CEO Jon Elliott
Jon Elliott
Pros
  • "As a company we have an amazing opportunity to impact a stagnant and over looked industry full of really great people that build the world around us(in 6 reviews)

• "You will find that the people working at Bluebeam are nothing short of extraordinary(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Terrible boss who upper management would not get rid of despite multiple complaints from multiple people(in 6 reviews)

• "Growing pains while it continues to expand and re-evaluate company goals(in 5 reviews)

"Bluebeam Benefits"

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

100% paid medical, 50% paid dependent 6 weeks paid parental/adoption leave Discounts on Classpass memberships EV chargers for free onsite Meditation Room LinkedIn learning, manager training, new hire extensive training, yearly learning summits Innovation days Aloha Fridays - beer, wine and hangs with coworkers Team Summer Outings 401K match program Free snacks, drinks, beer and wine - plus a constant free food from work events Bonsuly co-worker appreciation program with credits/gift cards WFH policies Ergonomic adjustments 3 weeks paid time off - which increases the longer you work there 8 sick days 2 volunteer days off 10 US holidays (more for international) Free yoga and massages 1x a month Education reimbursement programs in-house career coach and so much more!

Cons

Wish they offered more holidays - consistent with government holidays 1 extra week of time off - would help those with kids who have spring breaks, summer breaks etc. 10 weeks of parental leave (Netflix offers 1 year) Student Loan Reimbursement Programs Increased 401K match - more than 6% would be more competitive Pet friendly office - or pet care stipend/discount or pet insurance stipend Unpaid sabbatical up to 3 months after 3 years of working here Fertility assistance Onsite Gym + showers To reduce aluminum waste - install a Bevi or other sparking soda machine instead of canned la croix

Bluebeam2020-02-17

February 20, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing! At Bluebeam we work hard to provide benefits that are both competitive and that speak to the needs of employees like you. Your feedback is valuable input as we continuously strive to enhance employee experience at Bluebeam. Thank you!

"Amazing people, respects work-life balance, top tier benefits, and meaningful work"

Current Employee - Training in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bluebeam isn't a place that pushes its employees to write positive reviews, but I honestly think they should push the majority of folks a little bit more. Reading through the 1 star reviews posted here, there seem to be a lot more ad-hominem, personal attacks based on experiences with direct managers or emotional responses to being let go. While these experiences are still valid, this is definitely not a "one star" place regardless. Here are some positives that exist across the board in my opinion, regardless of role or level: -An amazing office space with a desire to make sure every reasonable comfort is met -A willingness to invest A LOT in the growth and development of employees -Fantastic benefits including 100% employee covered medical and 50% covered dependents -Work-life balance that encourages employees to take their vacations, enjoy holidays, and completely disconnect from the office -Top to bottom, the nicest bunch of people I can imagine working with Having worked for some genuinely BAD companies in the past, even if I didn't love my actual role here, I feel like I would still be able to recognize the positives.

Cons

We sometimes feel stuck in this place where we're not a startup anymore, but we're not a fully mature company with all the processes figured out yet either. With many new, not so clearly defined roles that have come about, people who want/need a lot of structure may be frustrated as it's not there (yet).

Bluebeam2020-01-31

February 20, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your time at Bluebeam! Our goal is to create an environment where people can be themselves and grow both professionally and personally. Your comments show us where we are on the right track, despite the areas where we still have work to do. We strive to continue to grow and evolve while never losing focus on our employees.

3. "ok"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative

I worked at Bluebeam full-time

Pros

nothing too bad, enjoyed my time there

Cons

nothing outside of the ordinary

Bluebeam2020-01-14
  4. "Good Product, Good People, Would Recommend"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product Bluebeam sells is good, the customers LOVE it and it really makes an impact on the industry. That is hard to find in a sales job. The employees are good people that care about both the customer's success and the companies. One of the better companies I have worked for by far.

Cons

Bluebeam is getting its feet wet in the spirit of getting out of the start-up mindset.

Bluebeam2019-12-30

January 21, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing! At Bluebeam we strive to build an environment and culture where people can be themselves, grow, and make a real impact on both our customers' lives and the industry as a whole. Employees like yourself are an invaluable part of these efforts, so thank you!

"A slow moving train to nowhere"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Delivery

I worked at Bluebeam full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good. Some nice people, near old town Pasadena and nice snacks.

Cons

Weak leadership enables incompetent middle management. Projects bump along unfinished for years. A company that desperately needs to modernize it's technology is undercut by lack of accountability, inertia, lack of mission and mercenary political manipulation of its so called Senior Directors. HR seems to spend more time posting responses to negative Glassdoor reviews than they do actually managing HR.

Bluebeam2020-01-26

March 6, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

While we wish we could know more details surrounding your experience, what you describe is certainly not the employee experience we seek to create. As a People Operations team, our job is to listen and respond to employee feedback in whatever form it comes to us. Ideally, it is shared with us directly while an employee is still with the company so we can work together on solutions. However, if it comes through Glassdoor or other channels, we will always respond. We hope your next opportunity is a better fit, and we wish you well!

"Great benefits; questionable management"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are outstanding including free healthcare. PTO is pretty standard; 3 weeks your first couple of years then escalating after that.

Cons

When I was there the CEO, Rich, was pretty out of touch with the lay people. He completely freaked out/lost it on my manager in front of a bunch of us. Totally unprofessional and showed everyone what a frustrated individual this guy was. I know he was ousted and I can see why after working at Bluebeam.

Bluebeam2019-12-06

December 19, 2019Internal Communications Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It sounds like quite a bit has changed since your time here, but we’re glad to hear you appreciated the investment we made in meaningful employee benefits. That hasn’t changed and is still a priority!

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Support Coordinator

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, Awesome people,Great atmosphere,Location, Fun

Cons

Nothing negative to state

Bluebeam2019-11-25

December 19, 2019Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing how much you enjoy working at Bluebeam! We strive to build an environment and culture where people can be themselves, grow, and make a real impact on our customers' lives. Your feedback lets us know that we're on the right track. We are proud that Bluebeam continues to offer a rewarding experience. It is employees like yourself who help us to grow and succeed, so thank you!

"It used to be great."

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Bluebeam full-time

Pros

The people you work with on a day to day basis are some of the best people you could ask to work with. I’ve never experienced such a tight knit work community before.

Cons

There is a surprising lack of accountability when it comes to leadership. The company tends to hide behind the idea of “collaboration”, a term that is now so overused that it’s lost its meaning entirely here. Collaboration has become a tool to hide leadership’s general indecision on where this company is headed. Processes, when/if they exist, are very backwards and inefficient. The unfortunate thing is that this is an issue that is well known throughout the company. It doesn’t seem like those who have the power to correct these issues, want to correct the issues.

Bluebeam2019-11-22

December 3, 2019Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing. As Bluebeam grows, building a truly collaborative work environment with clear and accountable decision making is essential. This effort is organizational and requires top to bottom buy in from all departments. Your feedback plays an important part in enabling us to assess our progress in this area. Despite your frustrations, we hope that your time at Bluebeam allowed you to grow while building lasting relationships.

"Only time will tell"

2.0

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for a company in which your customers love you is a hard to find. Working for a company in which all of the employees truly appreciate and encourage one another is hard to find as well. Finding a company like that which is also profitable is nearly impossible! That is something you get at Bluebeam. At Bluebeam, there are people that honestly want to enable our customers to change the world! Working at a company with a 15 year track record or creating a product that, for a lack of a better phrase, 'changed the way the AEC industry operates' is pretty neat.

Cons

As I mentioned before, working for a company in which your customers love you is hard to find. It is not hard to maintain, unless drastic changes internally and externally are made which can sour those relationships. At Bluebeam, employees may respect other employees from a personal standpoint, but when it comes to accountability, respect, or care from a work/professional standpoint, it is dwindling if not gone. Product innovation has reached a standstill, deadlines are non existent, leadership is not qualified, and there is no accountability to help others out if it is outside of your direct scope. As a company, Bluebeam transformed from the happy AEC startup that it has been to a corporate machine overnight. Unfortunately, none of the mechanisms were in place for that to be successful. Systems are still out of date, products and projects have been abandoned, and rather than being a company that puts its customers and employees first (as long as we remain profitable), we became a company that only cares about the bottom line. I do not recognize so many faces now. People come and people go because there are fewer and fewer reasons to stay or grow. Working at a company with a 15 year track record or creating a product that, for a lack of a better phrase, 'changed the way the AEC industry operates' is pretty neat. Do not forget that past performance is no guarantee of future results and Bluebeam may be a perfect example of that.

Bluebeam2019-10-25

November 22, 2019Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. As you said, Bluebeam is built on the love and trust of its customers, feelings that are nurtured by passionate employees. To be certain, some of our priorities have needed to shift from our start-up days, and we certainly still have work to do to ensure or processes and practices can scale with us as we grow. At the end of the day, though, our focus on our customers and employees remains. Feedback like yours helps to ensure we stay on the right track, so if there is any additional feedback you would like to provide, we encourage you to reach out to the Employee Experience team.

"Need to grow up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company and its leadership really seems to care deeply about the industry and their customers. This and our marketing is probably why we continue to be successful despite some of the slow progress being made from a product standpoint. Lots of investment in employee development.

Cons

Product innovation has slowed and we aren't bringing new products to our customers fast enough. This doesn't seem to be a big enough priority for senior management. Needed changes are being met with a lot of resistance by employees who have been at Bluebeam for a long time and haven't worked outside of Bluebeam. The need to be popular with certain teams and be liked by members from the old guard is creating a lot of tension in Pasadena but nothing is being done about it. Our systems are antiquated and don't support the size of the business we are.

Bluebeam2019-08-30

September 4, 2019Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing. We take all employee feedback into consideration and will incorporate this into other feedback we have received. Our leadership cares deeply about the industry, our customers and our employees and works hard to do the best they can on behalf of everyone. If you have any specific feedback, we encourage you to reach out directly to the Employee Experience team.

Found 61 reviews