Catalyst Kids Reviews

Updated 13 Jan 2021

3.2
Catalyst Kids President Susan Dumars (no image)
Susan Dumars
Pros
  • "My site supervisor did a fabulous job with my development to become an effective and charismatic teacher(in 4 reviews)

• "good benefits,vacation, sick time flexible(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is little to no room to move up - despite having experience and education(in 4 reviews)

• "Low pay and not a lot of opportunity to grow(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Catalyst Kids full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

non profit, cares about employees

Cons

increases and budget based on company's financial wellbeing

July 15, 2020

Thanks for your review. It is great to hear that you have had a good experience with our company and that you feel valued as an employee. The work our employees do is crucial to our communities, now more than ever. We thank you for the role you play and appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

2. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

I worked at Catalyst Kids part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's like a paid internship!

Cons

Field trips are the hardest.

January 21, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are excited to hear working for us was a great experience. As a nonprofit, we strive to provide competitive pay and benefits and that include flexible hours and a positive working environment in addition to a quality program and career experience.

3. "Good work but treats employees bad"

Current Employee - Teacher in Davis, CA

I have been working at Catalyst Kids full-time

Pros

Holiday pay, fun job, friendly staff

Cons

Job security, pay, hard job

January 11, 2021

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your teacher role and the colleagues that you work with. Those are two important factors of a job. We understand this past year has been challenging for our agency and many companies, but we continue to move forward with a momentum that continuously works to provide as much stability as possible, for our staff, children and families. We appreciate your contributions to the agency and will always strive for continuous improvement to support the needs of our community.

4. "Company Review"

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Catalyst Kids part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work & have opportunities to grow

Cons

Part time work & learn AA degree

December 7, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with us! At Catalyst we value our employees and support their professional growth. Through competitive salaries and providing various career opportunities in both part time and full-time roles we strive towards creating an environment in which our employees can grow .

5. COVID-19

"Questionable"

1.0
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Catalyst Kids full-time

Pros

based on your center, you could Like this job

Cons

doesn't care about staff, poor management

December 28, 2020

Thank you for your comments. This past year has been a challenge for many and we have, and will, continue to provide a variety of resources to ensure that our children, families and staff are safe during the pandemic. This includes adhering to CDC, federal, state and county guidance, and in many cases taking a more conservative approach to ensure the health and safety of others. We encourage our employees to continue to advocate for themselves and others by discussing concerns with upper management or Human Resources so they can be addressed as applicable.

"They changed their name from cdi to catalyst Iids"

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Catalyst Kids full-time

Pros

Great time with kids Flexible times

Cons

The pay is not worth it One day you will work somedays you won't Very diaorganized Disloyal to you if anything personal id going on

October 27, 2020

Catalyst prides ourselves in fostering a safe and flexible environment for our students and staff. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 restrictions we have had to amend our current staffing ratios to meet public health guidelines. We uphold ourselves to the highest standard when it comes to fairness and transparency in staffing/scheduling and will continue to evaluate and adjust our process as applicable.

"School age teacher"

Current Employee - Associate Teacher

I have been working at Catalyst Kids full-time

Pros

Fun work environment and easy to take time off.

Cons

Paid is not that great!

September 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with us. We are happy to hear you enjoy working for our organization! Like many nonprofits we strive to provide competitive benefit and compensation packages that not only include pay but also flexible hours and a positive working environment.

"toxic culture"

1.0
    Former Employee - Program Coorindator in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Catalyst Kids full-time

Pros

Continuing development inc has no pros

Cons

toxic culture, no room for growth, managers are horrible,

June 17, 2020

We regret to hear that this was your experience with our company. We encourage our employees to reach out to Human Resources or their Leadership team regarding concerns they have so open dialogue and resolutions can be made as appropriate.

"Okay place for start but not advancement."

Former Employee - Teacher in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Catalyst Kids full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent child development growth within the agency Not super physically demanding job Having fun while working Great job benefits Great training modules within the agency

Cons

Lack of competitive pay Lack of time to prepare lesson plans, conference forms, other paperwork. Lack of advancement. Inconsistency in practices within the agency.

May 22, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had fun working at our centers and felt the training was applicable and helpful for your work at our company. We too feel that it is a fun environment and our training modules and opportunities are continuing to expand even further! While our pay is continuing to increase year over year for our staff, as a non-profit there are other benefits, many of our employees are also driven by, in helping to serve a great deal of families in our communities. Our career path and technology is also evolving and we are excited for many new opportunities in our future.

"Good to Gain Experience - At the Right Center"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Catalyst Kids full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The relationships built with children and families were amazing, and the supervisors I had over the years were wonderful. Due to the amount of support I received, I am the early childhood educator I am today. The philosophies of Reggio Emilia and Emergent Curriculum aligned with my personal philosophy. We also had a lot of freedom to come up with activities that followed the children's lead. The benefits were good, and time off was usually flexible.

Cons

The amount of paperwork needed by the state and the amount of time allowed varies by center depending on management and staffing - it can be almost impossible to keep up with. When working at other centers on days mine was closed, I wouldn't always have the best experiences with other staff or would notice that philosophy varies by center. There is little to no room to move up - despite having experience and education. It seemed they would rather hire from outside the company.

April 20, 2020

We are so happy to hear that children, families, co-workers, your leadership and our company philosophy and approach were a highlight of your experience at CDI. Thank you for sharing. We are continually evaluating our processes and evaluating technology to help ease the workload for all of our CDI staff. This past year we updated our Philosophy and continue to focus on the health and safety of our children, families and communities as being our top priority. CDI is continually sharing our company wide openings and opportunities with our employees and working with leadership to support them in career development discussions. We encourage our employees to reach out to anyone in leadership or HR regarding suggestions or concerns to help us continue to thrive.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 English Reviews