Clubessential Reviews

Updated 7 May 2019

2.9
Clubessential Chief Executive Officer  Randy Eckels (no image)
Randy Eckels
Pros
Cons
  • "Great place to work solid leaders" is a review written by someone in upper management or HR trying to stifle employees who were treated poorly(in 7 reviews)

• "This leads to a stressful work environment where employees are expected to work far more than 40 hours per week, with little to no reward in return(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great tech company with solid financials and fantastic people"

Current Employee - Revenue Accounting Manager in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Clubessential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Progressive, competitive IT company with solid financials and fantastic people; continuous improvement culture; fun; great central location to Cincinnati (very accessible from major freeways); competitive compensation and bonus plans; matching 401K; decent health insurance

Cons

Long days and some weekends

June 18, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! We're focusing on providing challenging work and staying competitive in the club industry. Thanks for being a part of our organization.

2. "Overall good company to work for"

Current Employee - Client Content Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Clubessential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic working culture, people are great to work with, leadership is forward looking, strikes the right balance of work and fun, diversity, work from home.

Cons

I have seen no cons at this point in my career

March 12, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We do pride ourselves on being a fun culture for employees to enjoy life at work and also have a work life balance.

3. "Growing and focused!"

Current Employee - Level II Office Analyst in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Clubessential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great starting pay. Great PTO policy. Work from home opportunity. Donuts and bagels on alternating Fridays, monthly (esh) food days, beer cooler for special occasions, video games in the break room, a toaster oven in the break room, our soda machine is only a quarter! Management that actively listens and engages staff. Information flows here, you know basically what the top tier knows about the company direction and how we are doing, which is quite nice.

Cons

Knowledge base is not written for troubleshooting , which is 90% of the Office Team's job. Location-Blue Ash (awful traffic in and around this area every day, without fail. Management were not promoted form within so they Management was not promoted from within so they are not a point of reference for how to do your job. Company is somewhat small so although there are opportunists to advance, the question is if they are a right fit, but that is a personal preference.

March 12, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thanks for your glowing review of our organization and culture. We're excited your here. Appreciate your constructive feedback on the knowledge base (KB) - I know that we're trying to keep that up as we update product. We are also implementing manager training this year and developing our talent so that they have the tools to succeed as they move through our organization.

4. "Ambitious company who's trying to change its reputation and become the industry leader"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Clubessential full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are great that work here! The ability to work from home or remotely is nice for work-life balance.

Cons

The pace can be very fast and hard to keep up with at times.

February 5, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are well on our way and we're glad you've joined us for the ride!

5. "Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Vice President of Marketing

I have been working at Clubessential full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were 3 things I wanted in my next role. 1. I wanted to work in a business model I hadn't worked in before. Working for a company backed by PE is exciting and provides plenty of future opportunity. 2. I wanted to work in an industry I hadn't worked in before. This space is allowing me to introduce new and innovative approaches to business. 3. I wanted to work for a CEO that would help me grow professionally. Our CEO and leadership team are eager to help you learn and push outside your comfort zone.

Cons

This is a tech company that is growing aggressively. M&A and change are expected. It's not a good company for someone looking for routine and status quo.

February 5, 2019Head of Human Resources

We're so excited to have you part of the team. We look forward to providing the learning and work challenges you were looking for. Thanks for your feedback!

6. "On the up & up"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Clubessential full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love that Clubessential is a smaller company where you feel like your work actually matters and what you do does have an impact on the company as a whole. They are continually looking for ways to improve.. whether it be something for clients or something for CE employees. Innovative and collaborative work space. Each department leans on each other for overall success. Growth Opportunity. They value what direction the employee wants to go and work to help get them there. Laid back atmosphere with a lot of hardworkers!

Cons

Slim team - there is no shortage of work. This can be draining as well as extremely rewarding. I don't necessarily consider this a con for myself... but others might.

"Don't Work Here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Client Website Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Clubessential full-time for more than a year

Pros

You could work from home if you needed to.

Cons

pay wasn't great, you are required to have the emergency phone to receive client calls 24/7 every few weeks, management was terrible

February 5, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate every one of our employees and never like to hear that one may not have felt that way while with us. We'll be making a conscious effort to train all managers to appreciate and recognize the hard work of our associates as we roll our our NEW performance management process this year.

8. "Good experience"

I worked at Clubessential

Pros

good office environment, always work to do

Cons

temporary position was a downfall

February 6, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and the great rating of our organization!

"Sales/Marketing"

1.0

I have been working at Clubessential full-time

Pros

Great company before Battery took over

Cons

Battery took over, enough said. Their only interest is to sell the company which means they do not care about current clients and it shows with poor support

September 3, 2018CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm disappointed to learn how you feel about our great company, especially given the investments in people, product and support we've made this year. Our investment partner very much expects us to deliver exceptional service and fully engage our employees in that mission. In fact, Battery was an investor in Glassdoor so they truly value employee insights on how their portfolio companies are performing. Customer loyalty and satisfaction are a key topic of every board meeting. The board continues to encourage and support our efforts and investments to deliver the best member and club technology experience in the industry. And it shows in our results and dramatically improved client NPS scores. Your feedback tells me we need to share more about our investments, progress, successes and recent client survey results with the entire company. We'll do just that at our upcoming all hands meeting, as well as a separate session with the sales & marketing team. I also encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas with your manager on how we can improve our client support every day. Our mission is to assure we keep our #members4life! Thanks again for taking the time to provide your perspective. Much appreciated.

10. "Great culture & co-workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Clubessential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company went through some significant ownership and organization changes and is now better for it. Great clients and co-workers in the private club industry make for interesting work. Management is making a lot of investments in people, training & improving the products.

Cons

Some older legacy products that need a makeover.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 English Reviews