ConServe Reviews

Updated 14 Apr 2021

Found 65 of over 65 reviews

ConServe CEO Mark E. Davitt (no image)
Mark E. Davitt
Pros
  • "Free health care and the bonus potential(in 6 reviews)

• "Great benefits and 401k matching(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Collections just isn't for everyone(in 4 reviews)

• "Lack of communication between all upper management and the E-Team(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good benefits, thats about it..

14 Apr 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good. Free health insurance is a huge plus.

Cons

Vacation time is not very competitive and is reset at the end of the year. Raises are minimal, if any. Bonuses are small and getting smaller for the most and staying big for the higher ups. For a company that emphasizes the idea that employees are their most valuable asset, you will only be treated as such if you are "popular" or close with the higher ups. It seems the same few people keep getting promoted and rewarded. The benefits are good but you will absolutely not be rewarded monetarily for your hard/good work. You will get a nice email while any extra money the company has is divvied up among the unnecessary amounts of managers and directors. The company outlook is not good, as there have been constant layoffs and downsizing for a few years now as the business loses contracts to competitors. I feel there is no room for upward mobility, as every year the company is getting smaller.

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We value your input and we will consider all relevant information as part of our continual efforts to improve our corporate culture. Your feedback has been shared directly with our Operations Management and Executive Team. ConServe offers a variety of paid time off options including Paid Holidays, Floating Holidays, and Vacation time. ConServe also provides Sick Time pay to use throughout the calendar year. In response to the pandemic, ConServe added COVID Vaccine leave in 2021. Our employees' performance is important to us. Managers provide feedback to employees in real-time, and foster ongoing, open communication with regard to their work. On an annual basis, all eligible employees are given a performance review which may result in pay adjustments. Additionally, we are happy to be able to offer our employees multiple bonus opportunities, including profit-sharing bonus, annual discretionary bonus, monthly performance-based bonus, and employee referral bonus programs. Bonus eligibility is based upon an employee’s position with ConServe. In positions that have monthly goals, Management will communicate the bonus structure to eligible employees as well as communicate regularly regarding performance metrics to ensure bonuses are paid appropriately. We thank you for the time you worked at ConServe and wish you well in your future career.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to Work!

8 Mar 2021 - Marketing Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working everyday with my team. ConServe not only has great benefits, competitive pay and encourages work/life balance; they operate in a way that puts their employees first as a business model. I am always encouraged to learn and my leaders are quick to provide feedback and advancement opportunities.

Cons

For those who do not like to stay busy - there is always something to do.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Good business is about hiring good people. We appreciate your feedback and the great review. ConServe continues to be a leader in the industry as a result of our world-class training programs, state-of-the-art technology and commitment to ethics and compliance. We strive to recruit, hire, develop and promote the very best employees; people are our most valuable asset. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to ensure our employees and their families have the protection provided by unrivaled benefits. Thank you for all of your hard work and commitment to ConServe.

3. 3.0

It's a job

29 Mar 2021 - Credit Collection Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay full medical benefits.

Cons

They didn't pay the bonuses out when they were suppose to and when they did it wasn't always the right amount

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback. At ConServe we take pride in everything we provide to our employees and have developed a comprehensive “Employee Handbook” to help employees understand company policies, procedures and benefits. If anytime our employees have questions, they can easily refer to the “Handbook” or ask their Manager. We are happy to be able to offer our employees multiple bonus opportunities, including profit-sharing bonus, annual discretionary bonus, monthly performance-based bonus, and employee referral bonus programs. Bonus eligibility is based upon an employee’s position with ConServe. In positions that have monthly goals, Management will communicate the bonus structure to eligible employees as well as communicate regularly regarding performance metrics to ensure bonuses are paid appropriately.

4. 1.0

Poor

10 Feb 2021 - Collection
      Business Outlook

Pros

None none none none none none and then none

Cons

Worst company I've worked for to date.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re sorry your work experience at ConServe is not currently matching expectations. At ConServe, we set a high standard for ourselves and have many resources available for employees to raise questions to ensure that they are fulfilled and satisfied in their roles. To achieve this commitment, we have implemented several different methods by which employees can submit suggestions and ideas for change, such as our Open Door policy, Listens & Acts program, Annual Reviews and the company’s Ethics Hotline. As an equal opportunity employer, ConServe’s Mission, Vision, and Values dictate our business conduct and our over-arching commitment to every member of our team is evident in everything we do. We believe the atmosphere is characterized by a team-oriented perspective with an emphasis on performance, ethics, career development and advancement. ConServe embraces the philosophy that its employees are its most valuable asset. Thank you for your feedback and we encourage you to speak to your Supervisor at ConServe and leverage the other resources available to address your concerns.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Had its positives and negatives

14 Oct 2020 - Debt Counselor in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free health care and the bonus potential

Cons

Stressful at times, some mangers were great, others were not.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee

Decent entry level job.

25 Nov 2020 - Debt Counselor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good. Pay starts at $15 an hour.

Cons

No room for growth. Bonus potential has been reduced by more than 75% in the last couple of years.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We thank you for your feedback. Like so many others, the pandemic has impacted our business this past year. We have worked hard to balance our base pay, bonus opportunity, and benefits to ensure they remain attractive and productive for our Employees through this time. We are very proud of the fact that the majority of our promotional opportunities are internally filled. In most cases, our own people are our best source of highly capable and qualified candidates to fill the next level of opportunity here at ConServe. Your feedback has been shared directly with our Management and Executive Team. ConServe’s management team is committed to going to great lengths to ensure that our employees are fulfilled and satisfied in their roles. We appreciate your continued hard work and wish you continued success.

7. 1.0

Auditor

4 Jan 2021 - Auditor in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and 401k matching.

Cons

Unethical practices, little room for natural advancement

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Your feedback has been shared directly with our Operations Management and Executive Team. ConServe’s management team is committed to going to great lengths to ensure that our employees are fulfilled and satisfied in their roles. As an equal opportunity employer, ConServe’s Mission, Vision, and Values dictate our business conduct and our over-arching commitment to every member of our team is evident in everything we do. We believe the atmosphere is characterized by a team-oriented perspective with an emphasis on performance, ethics, career development and advancement. ConServe embraces the philosophy that its employees are its most valuable asset.

8. 3.0

Stressful but we'll paying

27 Aug 2020 - Debt Counselor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus money Hourly rate Nice office Weekends off Paid training Free cake!

Cons

STRESS Poor management Bad parking Favoritism Long days High expectations

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company if you're willing to stick with it and put in effort.

10 Nov 2019 - Quality Control Auditor in Victor, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent base hourly pay plus potential monthly bonus for debt collectors. Good base hourly pay and potential yearly annual bonus for administrative roles. Great atmosphere and co-workers. Local company that has a proven track record and won multiple awards in ethics and great places to work.

Cons

May be difficult to move up through the ranks as most employees are debt collectors by necessity. For debt collectors, too many months missing bonus can cause disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment if too many consecutive months are missed. This is to be expected in such a performance-based industry, however.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. ConServe always welcomes the opportunity to potentially improve our business operations. At ConServe, our employees are our most valuable asset and we are happy that you enjoyed your time working here.

10. 1.0

Run

10 Sep 2020 - Debt Collector
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Pay, benefits - free health insurance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews