Critical Software Reviews

4.2
Critical Software CEO João Carreira
João Carreira
Pros
Cons
  • "Low salaries compared to other similar companies(in 7 reviews)

• "Average salary has improved quite a lot, within the industry average(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "great company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto

I have been working at Critical Software full-time

Pros

good career progression with work.

Cons

the company hierarquical structure is messy.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Coimbra, Coimbra

I have been working at Critical Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Organized company and good environment

Cons

Company hire external people to manage you, instead to promote current employees.

Continue reading

3. "Very good place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto

I worked at Critical Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

very good environment to work

Cons

Salaries below the mainframe in portugal

January 4, 2021Community & Happiness Manager

Thank you so much for the 5 stars review. We're delighted to hear your positive comments about our working environment. At Critical, we value our people’s commitment and hard work, which is why salary is something we take very seriously. With this in mind, we review salaries frequently to make sure no-one’s contribution is overlooked. Thanks again for taking the time to review us!

4. "Critical"

Former Employee - Biomedical Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Critical Software full-time

Pros

Their offices and people are great.

Cons

Slow growth inside the company.

5. "Professionality"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lisbon

I have been working at Critical Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Amazing ethics 2. Good company process 3. Professional and competent 4. Software quality and costumer satisfaction

Cons

1. Mediocre salary 2. No much room to be leader

January 4, 2021Community & Happiness Manager

Thank you so much for the 5-star review. We work hard to make sure everyone who works with us feels like a valued member of the Critical family. That’s why we’re always looking to improve our offer to existing and future employees. Salary and career progression are things we take very seriously, which is why we keep these under frequent review. At Critical, we believe that having plenty of opportunities to learn is the source of a happy working environment. We offer a range of support to increase our people's skills and foster their growth in whatever field of work they’re in. Thanks again for taking the time to review us!

6. "Great experience overall"

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Lisbon

I worked at Critical Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment Everyone is willing to help and friendly The Board Management team really cares about employees Variety of project/business areas

Cons

The only constraint is related to the career/salary progression

January 4, 2021Community & Happiness Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're delighted to know that you're pleased with our working environment. We work across a range of the most demanding industries, all with the goal of making the world a safer and better place, so it’s important to us that we can enjoy the experience at the same time! Critical always strives to maintain the highest standards. With that in mind, we’re determined to make sure all employees feel valued in the work that they do. And for us, this starts right at the top. Salary and career progression are things we take very seriously, which is why we have frequent reviews in place to ensure hard work does not go unrewarded.

7. "Good place to start"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Critical Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment for personal and professional growth. Great work-life balance. Interesting events and initiatives. Interesting industries and projects. Great to start off a career and get new ideas.

Cons

There can be big salary differences between coworkers in similar working situations. Management can be disorganised sometimes. Departments might not collaborate with each other when needed. There are communication struggles sometimes.

January 4, 2021Community & Happiness Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're delighted to know that you're pleased with our working environment and the industries and projects we are involved in. At Critical, we place a high premium on a healthy work-life balance. We constantly look to offer better conditions to our employees, including salaries, which is why we have a frequent review process in place to ensure hard work and effort never goes unrewarded. Fast-paced growth naturally comes with some hurdles, and we're already working across different areas to improve our processes and to ensure they're sustainable as Critical increases in size. If you would like to share some ideas on how we can improve as a company, please contact us here: people-team@criticalsoftware.com

8. "Leaders"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Critical Software full-time

Pros

There is nothing good about this kind of leadership.

Cons

Some leaders lack the emotional intelligence to work with people.

November 24, 2020Community & Happiness Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're delighted to know that you're pleased with our working environment. Critical strives every day to maintain the highest standards of quality in all areas of our work. Our aim is to constantly offer better conditions to all our employees, which is why we significantly invest in training that provides our community with the necessary skills for their roles, including in our leadership positions. We work every day to create an open, transparent and trustworthy environment where everyone feels cherished. In case you want to share your thoughts, our Ombudsperson is always available to listen to your concerns and you can always reach our People Team if you need additional support: people-team@criticalsoftware.com. It's up to us all, past and present employees, to improve Critical. We count on contributions like yours to make this happen. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Critical Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good. Work life balance is amazing! Recommend if you are in the begging of your career.

Cons

Pay grade could be better.

January 4, 2021Community & Happiness Manager

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about Critical with us. We believe that our culture is something to shout about, which is why we encourage every employee to be an ambassador who represents our values in everything they do. As we continue to grow as a company, it’s all the more important that we keep these values close to heart. Work-life balance is something we hold dear at Critical, which was why we’re always striving to offer more to our employees: a fair bonus scheme, interesting benefits, perks packages and regular salary reviews. We believe that a strong work-life balance leads to a happier, healthier environment, which is certainly something we all want to achieve!

10. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Project Engineer I in Coimbra, Coimbra

I have been working at Critical Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment and good bonuses

Cons

Low salaries especially for the junior engineers

November 24, 2020Community & Happiness Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're delighted to know that you're pleased with the working environment at Critical and our generous bonus package! Every day, we strive to create a tight-knit working environment where everyone feels valued and appreciated. Our aim is to make sure employees feel cherished for the work that they do, and we work hard to continuously improve our offer to existing and future employees. This includes the use of a fair bonus scheme, a diverse benefits and perks pack and regular salary reviews. If you would like to share any ideas you have on how we can build on our current offering, please email us: people-team@criticalsoftware.com. Thanks again for taking the time to review us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 English Reviews