DreamBox Learning Reviews

Updated 9 May 2020

3.7
DreamBox Learning President, CEO, & Chairman  Jessie Woolley-Wilson (no image)
Jessie Woolley-Wilson
Pros
  • "The product is amazing, especially the parts that went through multiple betas before being shipped(in 6 reviews)

• "You can't help kids that you can't reach(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Since it's a growing company, it can seem like there is always more that needs to be done than can be done(in 5 reviews)

• "Senior management is not integrated with the field teams and is not inclusive looking for new ideas to solve problems(in 4 reviews)

"Nice people and a meaningful product but little leadership and vision from management"

2.0
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are nice, the product is delivering a meaningful difference in kids lives and the work life balance is generally pretty good.

Cons

Senior management in technology provide almost no leadership or vision, leaving the lower tiers of the organization to self organize around what they think is important, causing a lack of cohesion in the organization. Flat organization with an entrenched senior management tier leaves little room for progress Culturally there is a focus on being positive at almost all costs and the aversion to conflict prevents some honest conversations around the state of technology, teams and people.

Continue reading
  2. "Challenging, Fulfilling, rewarding work, innovative technology, great people"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in State College, PA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, supportive leadership, good culture. innovative technology. a mission & purpose that you can feel really good about. employees are given trust and a lot of "individual accountability" to complete their objectives & goals. Generous benefits package. competitive salaries. a collection of brilliant and passionate minds. Getting the opportunity to work with students and their learning guardians, I feel like I'm able to really help make a positive impact on our collective future.

Cons

as a fast-growing company, there can be a lot of change happening sometimes day-to-day or month-to-month, so it's really important to be adaptive. if you're seeking a flat or static job experience, that is not DreamBox. Also, employees are given trust and "individual accountability" to complete their objectives & goals, so if you're not strong at managing your time and individual objectives, DreamBox might not be the right fit for you.

3. "A+"

Current Employee - Client Success in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing product, bright future. 100%!!

Cons

Not enough opportunity for advancement.

"Great product, great people, great leadership"

Current Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DreamBox focuses on having a positive culture and definitely achieves this. From the bottom up, DreamBox does a great job of making it's employees feel valued and appreciated. DreamBox has a very clear mission, and there is a determination to ensure that students are getting an incredible experience, and are improving in math because of us. We are lucky to have Jesse as our fearless leader - the those she has put into leadership positions are awesome for their roles.

Cons

I love working for DreamBox - I can't think of any cons.

Continue reading
  5. "BEST JOB I'VE HAD | GROW WHILE MAKING AN IMPACT"

Current Employee - School Partner Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time

Pros

Coming from DreamBox, I was seeking a job that would fulfill me personally and professionally. Working at DreamBox is just that. The Sales/Inside Sales team has a superb culture, team-like environment, insane room for growth, and inspiring leadership. Employees are willing to help you, and cross-departmental communication is encouraged. Work-life balance is the best I've had, and there is no micromanagement. Trust is huge - you are trusted to get your job done, which has created a high performing culture to win. Employees are proud to come to work and know that they're making a social impact in the world, especially around education.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Continue reading

"Great Over All Company but Individual Departments Need TLC"

2.0
    Former Employee - Client Support Specialist

I worked at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The over all company mission with helping students succeed with their general learning and understanding of math is purposeful and necessary.

Cons

The general condition and temperature of Client Support isn't good. The moral of the team is probably as low and is probably going to get worse before it gets better. Most of the issues in CS boil down to the fact that the team is designed to benefit those who can't actually do the work. If you don't provision this customer correctly its ok because we will give it to someone we know who can. If you mess this thing up its ok because we can give it to someone else to clean up. In the end the people who have the most knowledge end up being over worked and become bitter from it. Why even tell management when you find something wrong when you know in the end it's only going to get handed back to you to clean up anyway? Some of it seems like pure laziness of the individual but the other part of it is the lack of direction from management who has also taken the stance of "We aren't responsible for your own personal growth here" does that include making sure that individuals are properly trained to actually do the work they were hired to do? An entire BTS season went by with people that were specifically hired to handle the volume who were then not allowed to do the one thing that needs to be done during BTS which is provisioning. There is a lot of fixing of non issues. It was great to have giant computer screens but the ones we had worked fine. How about making the tools we use to provision customers better? Something that would actually help us to not be over whelmed during BTS? How about not having new hires sit during the busiest time of the year those were hands we could have used to get through the volume. The very thing you tried to prevent (disruption) was the thing that was amplified the most because they had no idea what they were looking at or how to handle it. The bonus is barely based off performance but since we have "conversations" rather than reviews who would actually know how you are doing other than you the employee. It's laughable that the push is to get more technical training and certifications when they can barely afford to give you a raise yearly. There is a black and white difference between the two offices and how they are treated. Anyone that says otherwise is exercising strategic incompetence. Most of CS won't even talk to management about issues like this because it seems that they are so far out of touch with the reality of the condition of the department. It's only when posts like these are made that some action is taken.

Continue reading

"Top Leadership creates toxic environment"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The product is of top quality.

Cons

Growth expectations are extremely high and unrealistic, creating an atmosphere where it is hard to feel successful, even with considerable growth. Very few are celebrated, except for some inside sales team members and their leader, even though their goals are very low compared to the rest of the organization. There is a lack of communication between departments, creating confusion for customers and frustration for employees. There is an overall push to make as much revenue as possible, without considering what is best for the customer and their needs and timelines. Overall, it feels toxic. They say that people matter, but the very top leaders don't have much communication with employees. Some good people get let go because of bad decisions by SLT and by SLT not being able to own up to their part if certain goals are not met.

"Great People, Moves Too Slowly"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone is extremely friendly Upper management is always open to discussions about anything No expectations of long hours, great work-life balance

Cons

Always behind in technologies No opportunities for lateral movement Restrictions on implementing modern technologies, I feel my skills beginning to atrophy here, compared to modern thinking companies Lack of data-driven decision making Poor benefits package

9. "The best thing to work"

Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time

Pros

Free time good colleagues cool benefits

Cons

No cons everything is okay

"An amazing company culture and inspirational leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time

Pros

DreamBox is a special place to work. People that work here are smart, motivated by a higher purpose and dedicated to the company mission and values. The technologies we work with are modern and super-interesting, and the culture is very low-ego and collaborative. The work is fulfilling at many levels and makes me want to go to work and give my best every day. Leadership is focused on bringing high value to the kids and customers that we serve, and to the employees who do the work to make it happen. Decisions reflect that focus from the ground up.

Cons

The company is growing and evolving. People who can't evolve with the company can misinterpret changes as a lack of organization.

DreamBox Learning Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We are excited for our continued success as an industry leader in edtech and plan to keep up the growth. We strive to help children grow and think everyone in our organization carries the same mission. We are so glad you’re here.

Found 71 reviews