What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people we work with are really great" (in 221 reviews)
- "Great culture built around contribution and impact." (in 175 reviews)
- "great benefits and comp packages" (in 168 reviews)
- "I really don't understand how a company can pay so well and still provide such great work life balance." (in 107 reviews)
- "Great pay, easy to get away with coasting, the level of talent is really fantastic" (in 55 reviews)
- "Bad management and politics" (in 34 reviews)
- "If you have a bad manager you're outta luck." (in 30 reviews)
- "Perhaps the most troubling aspect is the blind layoffs of highly skilled engineers with ratings of 4+ during economic downturns." (in 13 reviews)
- "Lots of movement/changes in upper management have led to changes in direction, some of which are very short lived." (in 9 reviews)
- "Not a clear career path on how to elevate and get promoted." (in 7 reviews)
Found 1,271 of over 1T reviews
Updated 21 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW11 Oct 2022Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Virtual First is the real deal. It's way more than just "working remote" though. With this model, Dropbox established Core Collaboration Hours - which are 4hr blocks reserved for meetings, outside of that you plan your schedule. This prevents zoom fatigue, and provides time for you to get heads down work done. I can also get a head start in the day and sign off early, or vice versa, knowing I won't have any meetings past a certain point. While Unlimited PTO can be a scam at certain companies - Dropbox really wants you to take it. On top of that, we get an added company-wide PTO day a month just to make sure people are taking time to reset. You also have the option for 'Unplugged PTO' which means they'll temporarily disable your email and slack on your cell phone while you're out. Like I said...they mean it! Our Perks Allowance is also so generous. Knowing that employees would be giving up a lot of the in-office perks, we receive a $7K a year stipend to spend on making our WFH experience exactly what we need it to be. This can be spent on co-working spaces, groceries, exercise equipment, personal travel. I would never give this benefit up just to receive free granola bars and beer at an office again. I have also already taken part in 2 internal leadership development programs in a year. They are serious about retaining their talent and taking care of their employees!
The Dropbox product suite can still feel a little intimidating to use if you aren't on the technical side of the company21
- 5.020 Oct 2021Public Relations SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Free travel Free accommodation Good management Good work life Better life
Nothing bad Very good only Good All good Good
Looking for a referral at following companies. yoe: 6+ Tech stack: Java, Kotlin, SpringBoot, Redis, Docker, AWS certified Atlassian Spotify Visa Mastercard Dropbox Walmart Razorpay MakeMyTrip Groupon Paypal Uber
Dropbox Reviews FAQs
Dropbox has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 1,434 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Dropbox to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
90% of Dropbox employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dropbox 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.