Edmunds.com Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 21, 2019

4.0
Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf
Avi Steinlauf
Pros
  • "Finally, I want to say something about our Results Only Work Environment(in 50 reviews)

• "The work/life balance is the best I've seen or heard of(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Edmunds is located in Santa Monica(in 12 reviews)

• "A lot of the great work that happens in the office doesn't always translate well when we interact with dealers and customers(in 11 reviews)

1. "Best Company I’ve Worked For"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity. Positivity. Training. Results/production rewarded.

Cons

Still waiting for one.

Edmunds.com2019-10-21

"Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, flexible work hours

Cons

A little bit of politics within teams

Edmunds.com2019-10-06

"This is an honest review. I hope this helps fellow job seekers."

Former Employee - Data Service Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool building and a lot of free food.

Cons

I was told that I would be able to learn SQL and a lot of other useful skills that would continue to help me grow professionally. Additionally, I was told that the work life balance was great due to their ROWE policy. I was also advised that their training was top notch and that they would allow me time to learn the role while providing attainable performance goals. This was not my experience. In terms of useful... skills, this role was 50% waiting on hold from external inventory providers, while the other half was doing endless task from a queue to fix various discrepancies on the Edmunds.com website. I never dealt with databases or SQL EVER. Next, the ROWE policy is an excuse not to give employees time off. Result oriented work environment. If you get your work done, you get time off. Sounds good unless you are never done with your work. I worked 60 hours a week at that office and had to take home a laptop and do additional work after I got home. Its a salary position so forget about OT. Finally, the training I got was rushed, non specific, and from individuals who had worked there multiple years and didn't want to train people. Not to mention half the people in the department were fired while I was there. Fortunately, I found a job and quit before I received the boot as well. Those were all hard working and intelligent people who didn't deserve the treatment they got.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like assets. If you want to be the next google, actually walk the walk instead of talking the talk.

Edmunds.com2019-09-22

"Poor leadership"

Former Employee - BDC in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job, free food on Saturday's

Cons

Poor play plan and poor ownership very disrespectful

Advice to Management

Care about the company and your employees

Edmunds.com2019-09-22

"Incredible Place to Work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work/life balance is the best I've seen or heard of. In addition to having great hours and flexible working from home policies, the Santa Monica office has tons of different work spaces — outdoors, comfy couches, swinging chairs, a library, bike and treadmill desks, and quiet rooms — so you never feel chained to your assigned desk. Edmunds is strongly based on transparency and growth, both individually and as... a company. So, you always know how the company is doing and you get a real sense of how your work aligns with the company goals. Individually speaking, there are always opportunities for the employees to set personal goals in order to grow within the company. If there's a skill, software, or program you're interesting in learning, the managers will go out of their way to make that possible. Overall, I've always felt extremely supported and well taken care of, which makes me take great pride in the work that I do. AND, as an added bonus, the people are super smart and really fun to work with :)

Cons

I have yet to experience any downsides to working at Edmunds. It's a place I can see myself working at for years to come.

Edmunds.com2019-07-09

"Best Job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard work is rewarded and acknowledged, good people, good culture, opportunities for development, work/life balance, perks, great benefits, clear vision and feeling of 'togetherness'. I've really enjoyed working here and have always had a fairly positive outlook on the state of the company (despite others opinions). I've worked for not so great companies in the past, ones where I was constantly micro-managed and... belittled. Coming to Edmunds was like a breath of fresh air. I've never worked for a company that values my hard work as much as Edmunds does. This is the longest I've ever worked for a company because the people/culture is one that is hard to leave. Also everyday presents a new challenge and I love it.

Cons

Can't think of any honestly. I've been here over 3 years and I don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the employee recognition and quarterly surveys it's a great way to keep everyone engaged

Edmunds.com2019-07-10

"Amazing!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hands down the best company I have work for!!

Cons

No cons for this company

Advice to Management

There is advancement based on performance.

Edmunds.com2019-07-10

"Great culture with positive attitude"

Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The entire culture from the on boarding process to the day-to-day at Edmunds is top notch. The sales team leadership encourages each person to run their own business within the framework of a national strategy which allows for continued innovation and personal growth.

Cons

Overall the culture, benefits, leadership, and coworkers are top notch at Edmunds. So the day-to-day work environment is amazing. No complaints from me.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow employees to innovate. I'd recommend expanding the product set as much as possible so you don't get stuck inside of a box.

Edmunds.com2019-07-09

"Wonderful Culture- Company - and people!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Edmunds is driving innovation to make the process easier for in-market car shoppers to find their perfect car! Edmunds offers cutting-edge technology, an all-inclusive company culture, as well as competitive pay and benefits for employees!

Cons

I can't provide any negative feedback.

Edmunds.com2019-07-08

"Great company, people and culture"

Current Employee - Director in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

Empowering environment, smart and friendly colleagues, great office space and good benefits. Leadership is supportive of new ideas and there is opportunity to make a meaningful impact across the company.

Cons

Change is constant. This provides for a lot of great opportunities but can be challenging for some.

Edmunds.com2019-07-08