Edmunds.com Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.2
Edmunds.com CEO Avi Steinlauf
Avi Steinlauf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work life balance here is wonderful" (in 24 reviews)

• "Having the results only work environment has allowed me to still be the mother I strive to be and earn myself a living" (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • "Edmunds is located in Santa Monica" (in 12 reviews)

• "Will often shift the entire company's focus once a year with little to no follow through" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I am so proud to work at Edmunds!"

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

The heart of this company is so strong. I feel like the leaders really care about employee feedback and want to do everything they can to create a great place to work. I appreciate how transparent the leaders are and that they continue efforts to make sure we are all informed and feel connected to the company's goals - It creates such a strong momentum that is building. The people here are amazing!! I've never worked with such talented, dedicated individuals. I feel proud to call them my friends and colleagues! Lastly, I get to focus on interesting work -- I have grown professionally and personally more in my time here than at any other point in my career!

Cons

It's sometimes hard to prioritize because there is so much that I want to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of your efforts! Keep it up.

2. "Best Place that I have every worked."

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love it here at Edmunds. The culture is great and there is a real family environment here. I feel like I have a good understanding of where the company is going and their key initiatives for the year. They even dedicated a whole day to educating employees on our 2019 goals. I've never worked at a company that has taken the time to do that. They are great at promoting internally, and I've seen several people on my team take other positions within the company.

Cons

It's a saturated marketing right now in automotive and there are a lot of options for dealers. Products could be more innovative and competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating. Make sure that Edmunds doesn't get left behind with all the recent developments in the automotive space.

3. "Really enjoying it here"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being out in the field and not at HQ can be tough. Edmunds has a great training program for their Sales team and does a good job of keeping remote employees connected to the company.

Cons

So much competition in the market. Dealers can be tough to work with.

Advice to Management

Their are some weak leaders in Tier 3 Sales. Some issues definitely need to be addressed.

4. "Good work/life balance. Unrealistic goals, core product performs poorly"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work/life balance is good. There are some good people to work with

Cons

lack of direction supported by a thought out strategy and implementation plan. issues with product performance and development. unrealistic KPI's

5. "It's fun"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a cool office with fun stuff

Cons

Too much work some times

"Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

Great group of people to work with

Cons

Didn't provide future growth. Didn't understand company vision

"The Titanic....tolerant of bad behavior galore!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The strength of Edmunds.com is in the people. They used to hire and retain the "Best" people in any industry imaginable. The HQ is a high tech master piece, benefits and pay are industry leading, there are still some great people left.

Cons

When you have a good positive leader and role model any job can be sustainable, however when bad behavior by many levels of management is brushed under the carpet and business as usual continues without looking inward, the mass exodus will continue. Management is out of touch with its sales team and stretches all employees across multiple departments way too thin. What once was the best place to work is sinking. It starts at the top. Angry people do not make good, let alone great leaders. Reactive vs Proactive in all areas of business due to old school leadership and mentality.

Advice to Management

Do sufficient background checks! Do 360 reviews of ALL management. Like every other company that wants to succeed. Instead of preach- go out in the field, listen to your employees as they have the best interests of the company and customers at heart. Many of us that have left recently would have gone down with the ship.

"Very Disappointing..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Edmunds.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company provided food, nice office, SOME of the people are awesome and inspiring

Cons

Company likes to brag about how they’re one of the best places to work, but they’re hiding so many negatives once you sign the offer. They pulled me in with the ‘set your own hours’ and work from home as much as you want idea, only to find out a couple months later the company decides to change their ROWE policy and now wants employees in the office much more often. How? Why? When my job is already getting done and well might I add. And with my current salary I can’t afford to live closer to allow more time in the office. Management hires and promotes people based solely on knowledge or education and not based on their people or soft skills. Lots of stress placed on people who aren’t paid enough. Family oriented? Not really! I would not recommend working here. I almost regret responding to that LinkedIn message, disrupted my life with a total front. LIFE, that’s an important word. You’re dealing with peoples’ lives here.

Advice to Management

Stop stressing your employees!

"Account Executive"

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time

Pros

The product was a leading lead source for automotive dealerships.

Cons

The management team is how most people that have left a recent review stated, they are under qualified managers with little to no experience. The southeast and mid Atlantic are the lowest ranking regions with the highest turnover in employees and clients. On top of the poor management the product has become a non performer. Just use Google to verify.

Advice to Management

The executive has the skills to lead, and until they do your decline in revenue will be the only results you see. Laying employees off and placing an hiring freeze is not the way to turn an annual profit.

"Sinking ship"

I worked at Edmunds.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally employ good people who are just trying to make a living.

Cons

Family run business means top executives are all family, family friends, husbands/wives, nephews, cousins.....No experience at other firms over their career = disillusioned sense of selves, lack ability to make strategic decisions, blinded by lack of expertise. Being out-smarted in product, sales, marketing by their competitive set. Only a matter of time before bought, merge or go under.