FDM Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 1076 reviews

3.3
FDM Group CEO Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell
Pros
  • "Access to placement with blue Chip companies to get started in the industry(in 83 reviews)

• "The opportunity presented to the dedicated trainees is by far the biggest positive of the graduate programme(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • "Account managers treat you as products without respect(in 138 reviews)

• "As the training is so in depth, it can be intense at times and occasionally trainees may be required to do work outside of normal business hours(in 94 reviews)

"Good company to start with"

I worked at FDM Group

Pros

Working with FDM group provides you the opportunity to gain hands on experience of current technologies.

Cons

They will try to insist you to work on technologies they are currently using.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

FDM Group2014-12-20
  2. "Great if you need the leg up"

Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Great place to start out when having no prior experience in the industry

Cons

2 year lock in at to compensate for training.

FDM Group2019-06-21
    • "Rough with the smooth"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to some excellent companies Some excellent job opportunities Potential to earn good money

Cons

The atmosphere when on the bench between contracts becomes toxic and then leads to a downwards spiral of negativity Some very poor job opportunities Salary is low with the bonus making up a large percentage of take home Mental health awareness is discussed but rarely put into action

Advice to Management

Open up the client base Run one off training sessions at different times of the week to break up the monotony of "beached" life

FDM Group2019-06-20
    • "FDM has been a good place to start!"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

At FDM, you work cross-functionally with our teams/offices around the world, therefore you gain good experience in what it's like to work for a global company. The office dynamic is young and energetic, and the team is welcoming to new employees. There are opportunities for continuous learning as you can take technical-skill development courses.

Cons

Compensation and Benefits could be improved.

FDM Group2019-06-20
    • "Better than expected - it is worth it."

Current Employee - IT Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Note: I was hesitant in joining the graduate program for FDM due to Glassdoor reviews. However, my experience has been pleasant. Note: There is less supply of IT consultants, meaning those on tech programs are more likely to get placed. Whereas, there's more competition amongst business consultants. - I got placed by the time my training ended. - You get insightful training (it is not everything you need to know,...

Cons

- You do not get paid for your training. Therefore, don't join the program if you cannot support yourself. - You are under contractual obligations - Placements are not always guaranteed (NOTE: this is not necessarily FDM's problem, sometimes consultants can be joining the program at a time where FDM's clients are simply not hiring, IN ADDITION, I find that those who do not get placements tend to be candidates that are...

Advice to Management

My FDM experience has been pleasant, but I know people that have had a tough experience. My only advice is reassuring and be honest with your consultants. Sometimes it's not the company's fault but building a rapport with your consultants will help the company's reputation and overall satisfaction amongst consultants.

FDM Group2019-06-18
    • "Ideal way to get your foot in the door"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in London, England

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Training provided - Many opportunities available including internationally - Friendly and helpful environment - Close network of reputable companies across industries - Culturally diverse - Salary increase each year

Cons

- Low salary to begin - No salary whilst training - Placements may be short term (although usually are long term) - Training only minimal (learn more on the job)

Advice to Management

Improvement needed on relationship between account managers and employees/trainees - account managers tend to treat employees/trainees like products

FDM Group2019-06-18
    • "Amazing Company and Culture!"

Former Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great environment to work in, everyone is very welcoming - lots of chances to go above and beyond

Cons

- nothing really, just get your work done and everything should be good

FDM Group2019-06-11
    • "Great corporate culture/atmosphere!"

Current Employee - CA Event Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Open concept office space encourages a collaborative work environment - Advancement opportunities (I personally went from Reception to Event Coordinator fairly quickly) - So many learning opportunities within all departments - High level management is always open to speaking with you

Cons

Can be a little cliquey at times, but is still more inclusive than other workplaces I have experienced/heard about.

FDM Group2019-06-10
    • "A perfect starting point in IT industry"

Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Very friendly peers and seniors. They are always supportive and willing to answering your questions. Can get very good opportunities to work for top financial companies in Australia.

Cons

Need to dress up every day. Training is sometimes too intense.

FDM Group2019-06-11
    • "A great way to start off your IT career"

Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly staff - Very competitive salary for fresh grads - Provide IT trainings and would sponsor for certificates - Provide business trainings as well for you to prepare for interviews and enhance your presentation skills to make you more employable - Connects you with big names such as HSBC or Manulife... etc. with their huge client network - Provide strong support during placement. Quarterly follow-up / weekly catch-up...

Cons

- Might have a feeling that you are a product of the company, so account managers would try their best to sell you to their clients - Might not have a choice on where to start your placement. It depends on season and market demand

Found 1076 reviews