Frontier Software Reviews

Updated 25 Feb 2021

3.2
Frontier Software Founder and Managing Director Michael Howard (no image)
Michael Howard
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Could be so much better

25 Feb 2021 - Sales BDM in Adelaide
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product offering for large businesses

Cons

Senior management No genuine offering to small business Reactive to market needs

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We agree, Frontier Software has a broad and competitive offering for all business models and business sizes, including for smaller businesses. Our success in the large and medium business markets is now being replicated in the smaller business market segment. Sales can be a challenging role and we’re sorry it wasn’t to your liking. We wish you well in your search for a new opportunity that is better suited to your skills and experience.

2. 5.0

Care about their employees

11 Jan 2021 - Other/Not Applicable
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff well looked after. Not your typical tech company who churn and burn

Cons

None really i can think of

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thanks for your comments. The leadership team at Frontier Software value our people and are invested in the wellbeing of the entire employee cohort. We’ve faced some challenging times of late and the Frontier Software team has adapted extremely well to the changes we have put in place. Thank you for being a part of that and your contributions to ongoing success!

3. 5.0

Great place to work

17 Nov 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, competitive salary, family run business

Cons

Could do with a few extra days leave

4. 5.0

Great company

17 Nov 2020 - Programmer Analyst in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loyal to employees Friendly staff Global company

Cons

Few opportunities for promotion or cross training

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We agree, the team at Frontier Software are a great bunch! Frontier Software enjoys an enviable staff retention rate, which is a reflection of our commitment to our team members. For all vacancies we will always consider applications from existing employees and advertise internally. High staff retention rates unfortunately result in opportunities only coming up occasionally. We also suggest you discuss your career ambitions and cross-training opportunities with your manager and the senior manager of your business unit to see what might be available to you, so we can work together towards a win-win outcome.

5. 3.0

It's a living

10 Nov 2020 - Programmer Analyst in Lightwater, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's paying at time of writing, no micro-managing, wine at Christmas

Cons

5 days sick pay, minimum holiday pay, basic benefits, filthy & badly decorated office

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for the feedback. As the office has been closed for over six months due to the pandemic, the management team made the decision to reduce the normal cleaning arrangements. Obviously, prior to the office returning to full capacity, a deep clean will be performed and all appropriate measures will be taken to ensure that the office is both safe and a pleasant working environment.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worst and useless company

3 Nov 2020 - Software Developer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing , old outdated technologies, no proper training

Cons

this is not a cororate company, it is family run business , they should learn how the corporate company is.

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. The development team has been undertaking a great deal of upskilling over the last 2 to 3 years mainly using online training tools. If you have concerns regarding your role or the technologies you are working with, we encourage you to take them up with your immediate manager. Frontier Software is very much like all other businesses of its size. It is successful and , as our formal employee engagement surveys report, we enjoy above average IT sector employee engagement levels.

7. 5.0

Love working here!

20 Feb 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Team, Support, Trust and an awesome product

Cons

Quality Accreditation means a lot of paperwork,

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback and your years of service. We’ve worked hard to build a product and culture that both our clients and colleagues love. We also work hard to ensure our staff are highly trained and knowledgeable on our products and service deliverables through our accreditation programmes which are supported by good processes to externally audited ISO standards. Such compliance does unfortunately come with some administrative burdens which we are always looking to lighten with new tools etc without compromising quality.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

GROWING & ADAPTING

10 Jun 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila, Manila
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work & Life Balance is the best.

Cons

Fairly New in PH Business.... Slowly adapting to PH culture

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for leaving your comments. We’re pleased you are enjoying your time with Frontier Software. Growing a business in a new region is challenging, but we’re glad you can see our commitment to work / life balance. We’re striving to become more and more of a local every day! Thank you for choosing to work with Frontier Software.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Review

21 Oct 2019 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people in the Sydney team

Cons

Poor management at state level

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. The NSW office has undergone a couple of management changes in recent times which unfortunately happens in business from time-to time. I’m sorry if that influenced your point of view. We do agree however, the NSW team is terrific.

10. 3.0

Analyst Programmer

22 May 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady job and normally low pressure. There is training opportunities for those that want to gain new skills. Gym membership and Healthcare. Friendly staff.

Cons

Irregular pay reviews and demotivated managers can make you feel like a very small cog in a not very big wheel. Good work is rarely compensated unless it's within a pay review. Little chance of advancement or promotion.

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. We hope you have taken advantage of the great training opportunities made available to the development team! Salary reviews are scheduled as an annual event however we do complete market adjustment out of cycle as required – please see your manager for further detail.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews