Frontier Software Reviews

Updated Sep 2, 2021

Found 43 of over 44 reviews

3.2
Frontier Software Founder and Managing Director Michael Howard (no image)
Michael Howard
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

Jun 9, 2021 - Web Developer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and work life balance

Cons

No laptop or joining kit

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. We’re really pleased that you have settled in and are enjoying your role. Our staff in other regions report engagement levels above the industry standard and it appears you may be feeling the same way. We are moving to an all laptop environment and we’re sorry that you didn’t receive all the items you should have had on day 1. We are currently implementing systems to prevent that from happening in future.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Career Advancement

Aug 19, 2021 - Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life-Balance plus career advancement specially in web development

Cons

Lacks hierarchy of positions of Web Developer (Junior-Mid-Senior)

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

6.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Frontier Software~392267
    Join the conversation on
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great product, the way the management run the operation to be improved

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Product. Offer levels of accreditation to learn the product.

Cons

Micro-management. Overload employees and work equipment provided is out dated.

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Both the market and we agree, Frontier Software designs and delivers powerful payroll and HR products. Our training programs to achieve accreditation ensure that our team members are experts in the product and able to deliver superior support to our customers. Many employees have found the working environment created by COVID to be stressful. Our leadership team also recognises the COVID environment created the need to update the technology for some of our employees,. We are currently working to ensure all employees are appropriately resourced and able to fulfil the requirements of their role. Frontier Software always encourages any employee feeling overwhelmed to contact their manager, our HR team or our EAP for support.

5. 1.0

Lack of processes

Aug 26, 2021 - Account Manager in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that you work with

Cons

Upper Management very old school, not interested in change

Marketing Communications Coordinator

We are sorry to read that you seem to be unhappy at Frontier Software. Management strongly encourages you to have an open and honest conversation with your managers and, if you wish, HR. In addition to these existing opportunities, you are also able to document your concerns and suggest improvements in the specific confidential section of our performance appraisal system. It was designed to facilitate such feedback.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Average Company

Jun 22, 2021 - Software Developer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their staff

Cons

Not many benefit. A bit backward. Rubbish office

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your long service period with Frontier Software. It’s true, we do care about the team and their wellbeing, especially during the COVID-19 environment under which we’re operating. There are plans in place to refurbish the Melbourne office interiors, which have already begun. Best of luck in your new role.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Legacy IT company

Jun 17, 2021 - IT Administrator in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security, learning opportunity , felxibility

Cons

Legacy IT infrastructure, old school management

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that after several years, the role was not for you. We would agree, Frontier Software offers its employees great job security and many opportunities to increase their responsibilities and skill set. Indeed, we have many staff who have been with us for well in excess of 10 years, including in the IT infrastructure team. Given the sensitive nature of the software and services we provide to our clients, payroll and HR, including hosting their data, it is essential our IT infrastructure is prudently managed to ensure absolute security and client confidence. We also have a great deal of faith in our team to deliver a stable and reliable platform to our customers and colleagues. We wish you all the best in your new role.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Could be so much better

Feb 25, 2021 - Sales BDM in Adelaide
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product offering for large businesses

Cons

Senior management No genuine offering to small business Reactive to market needs

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We agree, Frontier Software has a broad and competitive offering for all business models and business sizes, including for smaller businesses. Our success in the large and medium business markets is now being replicated in the smaller business market segment. Sales can be a challenging role and we’re sorry it wasn’t to your liking. We wish you well in your search for a new opportunity that is better suited to your skills and experience.

9. 5.0

Care about their employees

Jan 11, 2021 - Other/Not Applicable
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff well looked after. Not your typical tech company who churn and burn

Cons

None really i can think of

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thanks for your comments. The leadership team at Frontier Software value our people and are invested in the wellbeing of the entire employee cohort. We’ve faced some challenging times of late and the Frontier Software team has adapted extremely well to the changes we have put in place. Thank you for being a part of that and your contributions to ongoing success!

10. 5.0

Great company

Nov 17, 2020 - Programmer Analyst in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loyal to employees Friendly staff Global company

Cons

Few opportunities for promotion or cross training

Marketing Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We agree, the team at Frontier Software are a great bunch! Frontier Software enjoys an enviable staff retention rate, which is a reflection of our commitment to our team members. For all vacancies we will always consider applications from existing employees and advertise internally. High staff retention rates unfortunately result in opportunities only coming up occasionally. We also suggest you discuss your career ambitions and cross-training opportunities with your manager and the senior manager of your business unit to see what might be available to you, so we can work together towards a win-win outcome.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Nov 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, competitive salary, family run business

Cons

Could do with a few extra days leave

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews