Frontier Software Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Frontier Software Reviews

Updated 21 Oct 2019

Frontier Software CEO Michael Howard (no image)
Michael Howard
  1. "Review"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people in the Sydney team

Cons

Poor management at state level

Frontier Software2019-10-21
  2. "GROWING & ADAPTING"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila

I have been working at Frontier Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work & Life Balance is the best.

Cons

Fairly New in PH Business.... Slowly adapting to PH culture

Frontier Software2019-06-11

"Avoid"

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pros just bad time for all

Cons

Old & out dated company, management are a joke and the directors are horrible. Pay is JUST the minimum for your job title, offices are old and there is no sense of company engagement to staff

Frontier Software2019-06-03
  4. "Analyst Programmer"

I have been working at Frontier Software full-time

Pros

Steady job and normally low pressure. There is training opportunities for those that want to gain new skills. Gym membership and Healthcare. Friendly staff.

Cons

Irregular pay reviews and demotivated managers can make you feel like a very small cog in a not very big wheel. Good work is rarely compensated unless it's within a pay review. Little chance of advancement or promotion.

Advice to Management

Better communication and acknowledgement of people who work hard and have good time keeping.

Frontier Software2019-05-22
  5. "Excellent"

I worked at Frontier Software full-time

Pros

Wonderful to work for. Amazing.

Cons

None really happy there

Advice to Management

Try to keep your staff

Frontier Software2019-03-07
  6. "A great organisation backed up with solid business ethics"

Former Employee - Head of Global Human Resources Systems & Solutions in Melbourne

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Organisation with plenty of career opportunities for growth and development if you are willing to commit and work hard. Abundance of resources to expand your knowledge on software development and other business skills. Leading edge of HR & Payroll Systems and Solutions Top client base of over hundreds of blue chip companies, public services, Health, Universities spread all over the globe and... head-quartered in Melbourne, Australia. Flexibility of starting early or a little later. Good in-house and external training programmes to develop staff skills set, Friday night drinks, End of Month pizzas and drinks, EOFY party, Christmas party and plenty of individual team/department activities i.e. both professional and social. I joined Frontier Software as a graduate intern on a twelve month programme in year 2008 via a scholarship from Australian Computer Society (ACS) Foundation. Prior to joining Frontier Software, I used to work as check-out cashier for a local grocery store. I am very grateful to Frontier Software for the opportunity they have extended to me. During my just over seven years gig, Frontier Software offered me all the support, and encouragement through their excellent leadership teams and also ensured that they provided me the right training and mentorship. After my scholarship, the management at Frontier Software offered me a full-time role as a programmer/software developer. Later on after gaining over four years of decent expertise in the Frontier Software's products, I worked as a Business Analyst (Project Lead) for about three years and also Quality Assurance Coordinator role (interim). Throughout my career progression, I grew as a professional and learnt plenty of business, technical and people skills. I sincerely thank Frontier Software as an employer and as a mentor!

Cons

I can’t say that this can be classified as a ‘Con’ as maybe there is room for salary reviews.

Frontier Software2018-09-14

"Avoid Working there if you have another option"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sydney

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

good product and low stress environment

Cons

out dated processes and old-school thinking. poor management and weak leadership Out dated technology Old practices and culture Senior management have poor skills

Advice to Management

restructure the company

Frontier Software2018-08-18
  8. "Invests in its people"

I have been working at Frontier Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is filled with people who are passionate about the company’s success They invest in developing their performers

Cons

Salaries are not the highest in the industry

Frontier Software2018-06-13

"QA Department - PH office"

I worked at Frontier Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great office location in the PH. - No overtime. - Great work-life balance.

Cons

- OVERBEARING AU management. - VERY old system. - NO training. - PH office is ALWAYS DIRTY because AU management refuses to hire a permanent cleaner. This shows how stingy the company is and why so many people resign. - NO salary increase. - NO bonus. - Mandated to take 3 days off your annual leave entitlement for the December office shutdown. 15 annual leave entitlement minus 3 means you actually only have... 12 annual leave entitlement. - NO support from QA coordinators in the PH. Why? Because they have no authority whatsoever in the QA team. They are just lackey's of the AU management. - NOT OPEN TO CHANGE.

Advice to Management

The reason why the QA department in the PH office has such a high attrition rate is because the company is not up to market standards. - Salary increase is NOT competitive. - No product training. - No career growth. - Performance reviews are ALWAYS DELAYED. - The same management problems from 2013 still occur in the present. This is based from the employees that have been there for 5 years.

Frontier Software2018-07-01
  10. "Employee"

I have been working at Frontier Software

Pros

Great People, Great Culture, Great Company

Cons

Travel for some is hard, but the company does it's best to advise beforehand

Frontier Software2018-05-21