GSTV Reviews

Updated 24 Oct 2020

3.2
GSTV President and CEO Sean McCaffrey (no image)
Sean McCaffrey

"It's alright"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Production Artist in Detroit, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GSTV full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dogs, People, Kitchen, WFH, Dogs

Cons

Layoffs, Owned by equity firm

2. "Great Compnay"

Former Employee - Senior Director of Strategic Planning in Detroit, MI

I worked at GSTV full-time

Pros

Great people work at GSTV!

Cons

Need to improve communication within the company.

"Just Ok"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at GSTV full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing media platform with decent value propositon

Cons

poor pay, bad commission structure

4. COVID-19

"Growth. Transparency. Good People."

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at GSTV full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company continues to make changes and listen to employees. Not overnight, but in a way that seems to be beneficial to the business and us employees. I am not a 5 year employee or lifer, so I don't know what happened or how it happened before, but for me things are really positive. Leadership is transparent, the people I work with are nice and collaboration is high. During the COVID-19 crisis they didn't do layoffs or anything and shared weekly what the financial situation at the company was while we all worked from home. Among my friends we were also some of the first to start working remote. HR/Leadership really seemed to have a hold on the crisis and what to do to keep employees safe and employed. There is always a plan and things seem fluid. Benefits are good and keep improving, like that they cover the deductible for health insurance and there is a pretty generous 401K plan match. I like the activities, the gifts and gift cards they send when goals are met and some of the events are fun. Overall a work place that is enjoyable.

Cons

I would say that one of the biggest issues since I have been here is how fast the company is growing in a short time. Growing this fast comes with growing pains like new processes, shifts in structure, etc. Definitely have to be comfortable with change, learning new ways of doing things and new leaders. The company seems to be listening and reacting to what employees say they need. Just have to make sure changes etc. are pushed down through all departments. Would be nice to have some sort of tuition support or reimbursement.

Continue reading

"Culture Needs an Overhaul"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at GSTV full-time for more than a year

Pros

(Mostly) friendly people to work with, great downtown location and good (but not great) benefits.

Cons

Culture is a word that's thrown around alot, but it's not necessarily followed.

"If you like being micromanaged and getting a change in commission structure, this is the place for you!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GSTV full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GSTV was a very good company to work for as a seller until the new management team arrived about 1.5 years ago. In the previous administration, if you produced, your manager was there for you when you needed him, however, you were not micromanaged. The commission structure was fair to everyone. Most people had the same base salary and depending on your percentage of billing, you got 10% plus monthly and annual bonuses. That changed as well after the new regime and not for the better.

Cons

New management began using Salesforce to micromanage and read client emails and keep track of your every movement. In addition, the commission structure was cut. Even if you produced well over your goal and far higher than the year before, the company was netting 93-95% versus 90% taking money directly out of the pocket of it's sellers. In addition, base salaries were all changed randomly with no rhyme or reason and in some cases, it was completely unfair and played to the 'favorites' regardless of production. People on the 'national' team had six figure base salaries while people on the mid-market team who had higher production received 1/3 to 1/2 less annual salary.

"You could do better"

1.0
    Current Employee - Cashier
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at GSTV part-time

Pros

Work with your schedule Some cashiers are friendly most just fake it till they make it .

Cons

Managers are so unorganized, they have favoritism , the main boss would come in a bad mood most of the time and would basically tell you stuff in front of everyone for sometimes things you did not do and then realize and apologize for the scene they had done in front of coworkers and customers.

GSTV Response

May 22, 2020Director, Human Resources

Very sorry to hear about your experience, and hoping that it has improved since your post. Unfortunately, it looks as if your review is for a different company, not GSTV. GSTV has not in the past or currently had retail space or employed cashiers. GSTV has office spaces in New York and Michigan. We'd like to help you identify the correct company, and if possible connect you with the right team at that company. Please contact us at GSTV-HR@gstv.com for support. Wishing you the best!

"Good People + Career Growth=Work Hard x Play Hard!"

Current Employee - Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at GSTV full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture, evolving into great. Convenient downtown location in the mix of everything. Quicken Family of Companies Perks. Creative company events and activities, always a good time. Benefit plans are awesome -90% of deductible and co-insurance paid by company on top of low premiums. Fun and friendly culture. Lots of laughs and cool stories from team members. Big picture thinkers and doers throughout the org. Opportunity for growth in career, not just a job, and the ability to transition to other departments/change your trajectory. Don’t shame me, but love all the snacks and in office treats!

Cons

Regular stuff you'd see at any company, and even that the leadership team tries to combat with transparency and communication. Not perfect, but gotta respect a company for trying real hard.

Continue reading

"Start-Up Vibe & Excitement with 10-year-old brand"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at GSTV full-time

Pros

* Great people to work with * Respect and interest from the ad community -- it's a simple sales story, and advertisers like it (the company is already over goal). * Genuine interest from upper management in the success of you, and the company * Monthly all-hands meetings with transparency where the company is and is headed * Genuine care for the company's image in the ad community * Good flexibility and consultation within the sales and marketing teams * Quarterly parties celebrating achieving our goals * Access to the top tier advertisers in the ad community

Cons

* Up to 2 years ago it was two different companies, so some left-over legacy issues with some employees still linger. But with a new joint venture, new CEO, new management, and new sales and marketing teams it really operates like a vibrant start-up, but with immediate success.

"Run Fast"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at GSTV full-time

Pros

I have absolutely nothing positive.

Cons

Terrible managers. Senior managers are narcissists. They only care about selling the company. Sales goals are unattainable. Backstabbing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 English Reviews