Goodstart Early Learning Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 Jan 2020

3.3
Goodstart Early Learning Chief Executive Officer Julia Davison
Julia Davison
Pros
  • "They also provide great professional development to Educators(in 8 reviews)

• "Loved the children, some centres are great(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The budgets and time allocated to centres do not reflect those ambitions(in 11 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "It's ok"

Former Employee - Early Childhood Educator in Richmond, Victoria

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Close to home - Supportive parents - Good pay - Flexible hours/shift change with reasoning

Cons

- Management needs to be improved - Area managers didn't ask for my opinion when doing the room (I was leading for almost 1y without a room leader) and when I said their plan won't work (bc I have tried), they got upset and told me to try anyway - If you're on the earliest shift, you don't get have paid for the first 30mins - The room was too small but they insisted on having 13 children in it - The kinder teacher refused to let the toddler children transitions (even though they have SO MUCH SPACE), delaying other rooms transitioning

Goodstart Early Learning2020-01-11
  2. "If you wanna be abused for being pregnant, this is the company"

Former Employee - Education Assistant in Brisbane

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay rate and resource benefits

Cons

bullying, rude mangers, discrimination, unfair actions against educators.

Advice to Management

Treat your educators with respect and listen to them when they as for a transfer because you’ll lose good employees.

Goodstart Early Learning2020-01-14

"DISGUSTING COMPANY"

Former Employee - Kindergarten Teacher in Brisbane

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You realise what poor a poor company is like to work for.

Cons

Poor Wages Area Managers with friendships of educators in centres so they will 'sweep serious allegations under the rug. (I've watched this happen with at least 3 staff members) discussing confidential matters at BBQs so Directors are unable to manage the staff member due to this 'can't be touched attitude' and certain area managers showing no respect to staff. Bullying on ALL levels. If you want to cry everyday and dread going to work then this would be the right company for you. Educators take photos of children on their personal phones (Yes I've seen it happen) and reported. Educators ignore parents request of children not eating certain foods e.g.. I've watched educators give a child who due to religious beliefs do not eat certain meats, yet educator knows and ignores (when reported it was 'swept under the rug') Continual change in rules dependent on who is 'in charge' Extremly unrealistic expectations of staff. E.g. if you are on the open shift and it starts at 6am then you must get there at 5.40am to set up the centre and breakfast trolley, yet you will only be paid from 6am. Goodstart abuse 'under the roofline' I've seen rooms with extra children placed and staff are highly stressed yet the director won't leave the office to support staff. Goodstart put alot of 'learning days' on and bring in guest speakers from overseas. Yet when you try to implement the knowledge given you are told 'No it's extreme contradictions. Staff are expected to do work from home and spend ALOT of money on resources (yet when EL's and Area Managers come in they say no you don't.. But won't fix the unrealistic timeframe and workload) Don't dare tell them you won't be in due to being sick or ask to go home if you are unwell. I spent days running from the classroom to the toilet to spew or in my bin in the classroom storeroom as i was made to feel 'guilty and told i needed to stay as no one could cover (yet the director was out shopping at kmart for cushions ?!) I've called up sick - with a doctor's certificate and told i need to come in and work till they can find a cover or numbers lower. Extremly poor care of staff and when attempting to take this higher it was again 'brushed' off. The meal budget at the goodstart i last worked at was $1.67 per day per child. Yet families pay over $50 per day? And they are not for profit and don't have to pay other taxes .. you can see straight where the money is going (lining people's pockets). And that's only a few of the disgusting things to happen.

Advice to Management

Wake up.

Goodstart Early Learning2020-01-11

"I would not recommend at all"

Former Employee - Cook in Grovedale

I worked at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

The families and children are great. If you enjoy lots of challenges and have a huge amount patience and resilience then go for it.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, high pressure, bullying culture, virtually zero support in the role, was told on my first day “no one lasts as a cook here”. I was constantly undermined by Some staff including the director. The pay rate is dreadful for the work that is required. My position was terminated 2 weeks before my 6 month probation period was due to finish, unfairly. The food budget is extremely tight making it very difficult to fulfil the role to the high standard one would expect.

Advice to Management

Employ directors who are “people”people. Rather than Very cold and unreasonable. Offer support and proper training in the beginning. Notice what’s really going on within each centre, don’t turn a blind eye to issues. Be aware. And DO SOMETHING about it.

Goodstart Early Learning2020-01-10
  5. "Well established organisation"

Current Employee - Cert III

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for less than a year

Pros

Always have support. Above award wages. Generous discounts. Flexibility. Room to grow.

Cons

At times you can feel just a number as it is so large.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-10-02
  6. "Great"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company values, Good team

Cons

No career opportunities for my job

Goodstart Early Learning2019-10-01
  7. "interview and the experience of getting the job"

Current Employee - Educator in Brisbane

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

big organization, good cultures, nice colleagues

Cons

not very clean as i expected, location is not convenient for me

Goodstart Early Learning2019-08-25
  8. "A good place to work but depends on a centre culture"

Current Employee - Ect in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time for more than a year

Pros

The organisation with big ambitions and a lot of effort put into staying up to date with latest educational theories and practices

Cons

The budgets and time allocated to centres do not reflect those ambitions. A lot is expected to be done “out of goodwill”.

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is.

Goodstart Early Learning2019-08-08
  9. "Great organisation working for a wonderful purpose"

Current Employee - CSO Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A not for profit that really puts its time, passion and money where its mouth is

Cons

If you aren't passionate you might find the offers of continual learning tiring

Advice to Management

Keep letting families and educators know about the amazing work you do

Goodstart Early Learning2019-07-23

"Not so happy"

Current Employee - Senior Educator

I have been working at Goodstart Early Learning part-time

Pros

Award wage but still could be better considering the job at hand

Cons

Very few staff are passionate about their role in Children's lives

Advice to Management

Review all centre directors and get parents and staff opinions.. you will be surprised with the feedback

Goodstart Early Learning2019-07-25