Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,084 Ratings
Pros
  • "Monthly bonus, lots of paid time off(in 99 reviews)

• "And they ACTUALLY value you as an asset to the business from part time associates to management(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very little monitoring of schedules by upper management (DM)(in 72 reviews)

• "Night shift, moderate work life balance(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Great place to work

Jul 29, 2021 - Store Manager in Germantown, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Company has great core principles that are applied in my everyday work life. Collaboration, doing the right thing, frugality, humility, keeping our egos in check and continuous improvement. The company is growing tremendously 1211 stores which means extreme opportunity for growth and development. Company believes in work life balance and really invests in their employees.

Cons

Overall technology could be better however I have seen much growth over the last four years.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team! We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking leaders like you. We strive to be the best place to work by listening to our associates and improving every step of the way. Your feedback will help us do that. We have heard similar responses from other associates and we assure you that we are continuously working to improve in this area. We encourage you to continue providing your suggestions as we strive to be the best place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work and we are glad to have you on the team!

2. 5.0

Do

Dec 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thanks for asking but didn't get

Cons

Purely because of the day but

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and for your continued hard work. If you'd like to share any additional feedback with us, you can also reach out to your District Manager or HR Partner. We look forward to watching you grow with us!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I learn lots from my Job

Sep 26, 2012 - Purchasement Assistant in Vadodara
      Business Outlook

Pros

To learn value of Purchasing & finalized Engineering Bom,Costing,Vendor Devlopment.

Cons

lots of elocution between purchaser & supplier

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

idk

Oct 26, 2021 - Forklift Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits and all the people around

Cons

working with the best people

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best retailer out there

Oct 24, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I say they are the best retailer out there because part time gets recognition too like they also get paid time off and have a program for health benifits with an limited enrollment program I can tell this company really does care about their employees. The pay is also great and the workers and management for the most part is really great. They will work with you and your schedule it is like a tight knit family there I only left because my other job needed me. I can also tell they care a lot because I see them comment on reviews on here and other sites as well I have never seen any company like that and thats what drew me to their company because I think a company that cares for you and not just the dollar bill will ultimately motivate you along with good management which is what this company has I wish there were more companies out there to follow their lead.

Cons

I am not sure if it was just me but I feel they are weird about bathroom breaks for example I asked to go and she said hurry up and later a bit after that and I asked to go another time and was told the same thing by another manager maybe it was just me but if I have to go I have to go I was on a 9 hour shift I just felt that manager was negitive I get the other manager telling me a bit later on because it was just me and her but she didn't have to say it like that or rush me like that. i was nice eneough to extend my last day because they needed me on that day. The other thing I didn't care for is how many captures we have to get and expectations that are on us for example the membership, rewards, email, and soon credit card and we get blamed if they dont want it. Many customers are older and dont have an email to give, but that is almost all retail. I also didn't like that it takes an hour to wait for registers to be counted I know we get paid for it and its not their fault but there is hardly anything to do in that time. Im not sure if this is cons for others but this is personally what I didn't like other than that I would suggest this job to anybody because the pay, benifits, and coworkers are kind and helpful although I have had some get irritated and think you should know itc items in a week but other than that every one tries to help and is very patient and teaches you what you need to know.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not a bad place to work

Oct 22, 2021 - Call Center Associate in Camarillo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people. Early work schedule.

Cons

Having customers yell at you because they can't get replacement parts right away or at all.

7. 4.0

Great place

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people Relaxed environment Good communication

Cons

A lot of 4 am days

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team! Here at Harbor Freight, we believe in creating a work environment where our associates have the opportunity to flourish and succeed. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable as we strive to be the best place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Oct 18, 2021 - Order Filler in Cheraw, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was an easy job

Cons

Not many hours to get

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like you. We are continuously working to be the best place to work and your feedback will help us do that. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

9. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 19, 2021 - Sales in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and compensation! Good hours for retail.

Cons

Work load heavy at times. Shortcuts have to be taken to ensure timely completion.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like you. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be a great place to work by listening to our associates and improving every step of the way. Your feedback will help us do that. Thank you for your continued hard work in Charlotte, NC and we’re glad to have you on the team!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company to work for

Oct 17, 2021 - Sales Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, PTO, Good pay! Consistent Path to work your way up in the company!

Cons

Can be stressful like all jobs, planograms are inconsistent and can be difficult to work on, some things/problems take a long time to change.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. At Harbor Freight, we reward hard work with great benefits that matter to you and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying them. Our goal is to be the best place to work and your feedback will help us achieve that goal. Please know that policies and procedures were designed to protect our associates and keep them safe. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners if you have any concerns to discuss. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,080 Reviews