Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

Updated 12 Jun 2021

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
Pros
  • "Monthly bonus, lots of paid time off(in 99 reviews)

• "And they ACTUALLY value you as an asset to the business from part time associates to management(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very little monitoring of schedules by upper management (DM)(in 72 reviews)

• "Night shift, moderate work life balance(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Amazing people

25 Sep 2020 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at corporate are all talented and caring individuals that work hard to foster a culture of inclusiveness internally, and are dedicated to supporting our customers and communities externally.

Cons

There is always more work that can be done.

7 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we appreciate you for trusting Harbor Freight with your career for over 10 years. At Harbor Freight, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work with a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a diverse workforce for all of our associates. We’re glad to have you on the team and appreciate your continued hard work!

2. 5.0

Do

3 Dec 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thanks for asking but didn't get

Cons

Purely because of the day but

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and for your continued hard work. If you'd like to share any additional feedback with us, you can also reach out to your District Manager or HR Partner. We look forward to watching you grow with us!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I learn lots from my Job

26 Sep 2012 - Purchasement Assistant in Vadodara
      Business Outlook

Pros

To learn value of Purchasing & finalized Engineering Bom,Costing,Vendor Devlopment.

Cons

lots of elocution between purchaser & supplier

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pays pretty well

12 Jun 2021 - Logistics Supervisor in Jonesboro, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for overtime just about every week which boosts your paycheck from its alright pay rate to a pretty good rate for retail.

Cons

Rough work that a lot of people will come for one shift and never return. Understaffed most of the time which makes your job a lot harder. There were times I would work an overnight and be scheduled an 8-hour shift to open the store that morning.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

10 Jun 2021 - Senior Sales Associate in Altus, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Store manager helped me to become a subject matter expert in less than six months, both on the sales side and on the logistics side.

Cons

Coworkers gossip too much. We’re expected to do whatever we can to sell ESPs and ITCs.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associate like you. Our goal is to be a great place to work and that means listening to our associates every step of the way. Your feedback helps us do just that. We highly encourage our associates to reach out to their Store Managers and connect with them if they have any concerns. Thank you for your hard work in Altus, OK and we wish you the best in your career journey!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pay was better but job was physically demanding

10 Jun 2021 - Replenishment Associate in Fayetteville, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had bettet hourly pay than most stores in the area.

Cons

Stock trucks were very physically demanding. Amount of hours received were lacking due to company always cutting back Shifts were spread thin

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hardworking associates like you. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. As an organization, our goal is to be a great place to work for all our associates. Please know that our policies and procedures are designed to keep our associates safe. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable as it will help us in our efforts of continuous improvement. We also encourage our associates to reach out to their Store Managers and connect with them if they have any issues. Thank you for your hard work in Fayetteville, GA and we wish you the best in your career journey!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great atmosphere and people to work with

26 May 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Iowa City, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the reason to continue to come into work every day, different opportunities for growth if this is what you want to do. Good job for a college student who has a set schedule.

Cons

Hours can be weird and change a lot when not in school, some days you will work at 4 am and then the next close at 9 pm.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hardworking associates like you. We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. As an organization, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work with a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a work/life balance for all our associates. We provide our associates with their schedules at least two weeks in advance and in case they have any issues, we highly encourage them to reach out and connect with their Store Managers. Thank you for your continued hard work in Iowa City, IA and we look forward to seeing you grow!

8. 4.0

Good place overall

9 Jun 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Florence, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and good pay.

Cons

Hard labor and moved around alot.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking associates. Our goal is to be a great place to work and we depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. Please know that we regularly monitor associate feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. Thank you for your continued hard work in Florence, SC and we look forward to seeing you grow!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

So-So Experience

12 May 2021 - Assistant Manager in Brookfield, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Relatively Easy Job, Good Benefits

Cons

Low Compensation, Physically Demanding, Super Aggressive Timeframes to Complete Tasks, Poor Upper Management, Company Based in California hasn't figured out that they have stores in other time zones/weather conditions.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking leaders like you. We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. Our goal is to be a great place to work for all our associates. At Harbor Freight, we value people above all else. We value who you are, what you’ve experienced and how you see the world. We believe our differences can make us stronger. Your feedback will be valuable as it will help us in our efforts of continuous improvement. We highly encourage our associates to reach out and connect with their HR Partners if they have any concerns. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate HR Partner. Thank you for your hard work in Brookfield, CT and we wish you the best in your career journey!

10. 5.0

Awesome place to work.

3 Jun 2021 - Learning and Development Manager in Dillon, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Driven, great pay, growing company.

Cons

Hard to keep employees in this area.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking leaders. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking leaders like you. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be the best place to work for all our associates. We constantly strive to improve at all levels by learning as we grow and evolve every step of the way. Your feedback will help us do that. Thank you for your continued hard work Dillon, SC and we look forward to seeing you grow!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,912 Reviews