Hubzu Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 15 November 2018

3.7
Steve Udelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Many great product dev people to work with and product owners" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Gave work/life balance then took it away" (in 4 reviews)

• "Apart from this there is nothing much to say in this section as every other things seems good" (in 2 reviews)

"A President who changed a company radically and it is brilliant now!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) President - He has changed/removed all the policies which were holding the employees back from innovating. Have set up a great workplace for all of us to collaborate and build an amazing product! He has put the ownership in our hands - Have created a leader-leader culture where each one of us are tremendously motivated to deliver and reap great rewards. I know for a fact that for every good thing that I do in Hubzu, I will get even better opportunities to deliver and get rewarded/recognized even more! - The way he has built/transformed the entire organization is a perfect example of a leader who has a lot of potential to build and deliver world-class products at a tremendous pace!

2) Co-workers - I work closely with a very talented group of folks who inspire better performance from me.

3) Rewards and Recognition - Best in the industry

4) Freedom to experiment and innovate

5) Complete ownership of the product and the success of the company

Cons

1) Parent company is slowing us down significantly by not giving us a decent equity plan and hesitating to make us stakeholders - This is leading to a loss for Hubzu as we are not being able to hire great talent at a great pace, as most of our competitors have a great equity plan in place.

2) Presence of bureaucracy in our parent organization is hurting us badly, as we still continue to share some infrastructure with them.

Advice to Management

Please continue to push hard. We trust you a lot! The whole organization shares the same passion in delivering the best hubzu.com experience. You have done a great job in isolating us from the bureaucratic policies of our parent org. Please continue to do so and keep pushing the bar.

"Unlearn Professionalism & Learn Narcissism"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bengaluru

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

That's a joke. Don't need to be professional at all. Its very easy to understand the culture. You are empowered (sarcasm intended) to do what you want and simply be in the good books of your manager. Doesn't that sound easy at the cost of your career.

Cons

Now that's a serious topic. High salary and fake job description while hiring. You get hired for something and soon you'll need to hunt for yourself about what you are going to do to and act well to live up to it; else you are branded as incompetent.
    Every year new leaders arrive except the CEO who is permanent. There is more leadership introductory emails than business progress reports. Fake operations projected. Less work more people with salaries not deserved. Salary band and hiring is a joke. You are stuck with high salary and low skill set and you stop learning here with satisfying salary and that's heading towards a dead end. Attrition is controlled as people are always in the above mentioned trap. Everyone wants to leave if there is an opportunity but they don't find job easily as they are kept high in salary as per industry standards and they feel lack of skills due to very less investment on employees on training and development. If you want to lose your confidence in your professional life, please join. They are known to lay off fabulous employees without logic just because they were hired for a specific role and have done their part and retain AL's. No efforts to move people within the organization. There are lay offs happening on one side and hiring on the other side. Weird! Please do not fool investors, employees, and yourself. Its a luck that this company continues to survive with one dictating CEO and his ever changing team with few exceptions.

Advice to Management

Please do not fake again by moderating this review by saying you have a transparent HR team which can assist you if you ever felt this way.

3. "Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Bengaluru

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bunch of greatly talented people.
    Freedom of execution

Cons

There is lot of favoritism in term of promotions and ratings. Sometime deserving candidates are bypassed.

4. "Was good .. not so much now ..."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Bengaluru

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool working environment , startup culture , get to work on lot of things

Cons

Nothing much to say for now

"Worst Culture and Management"

Pros

Good Pay
    Funny people, their comic sense may make one laugh, but you will soon realize that they are wasting everybody's time
    A great leader tried to bring change, he introduced Leader - Leader concept, he was asked to leave couple of years back. After that culture has really become worse. Now the concept here is Only Follow your leader

Cons

Most of cons lean towards management, a reason for very bad environment and work culture.

India Management are selfish, if team does good work they will take all credit, if team fails they will blame engineers. All this to get themselves promoted.

Most of the management have their favourites, they help them grow by taking away good work done by others. Inturn their agents give all information needed.

One of the manager tries to divide and rule in his own team, have you ever seen anyone do this, such experiences can only be had in Hubzu

Higher management is unprofessional and egoistic, they shout at employees, target them and put all blame for small issues. They never support or back their employees, with a support by the reporting managers who fall on their feet and agree to whatever they say

Most of the people working here dont think of innovative ideas, just on who is pulling there leg and how they can return the favours, out of 6 hours in agile 1-2 hours is spent on discussing petty issues

HR and management hide each others problems. Managers instructs HR not to take exit interviews, people who give feedback isnt considered

Advice to Management

Advice wont be considered as usual but here it is

Retain your employees and not management who are letting go of good employees.
    Don't allow Managers to Micro Manage all they do is check what employees are doing during breaks and who are they talking with
    Start setting goals to employees, unfortunately goals for management is set by employees here.

"Hubzu Bangalore"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time

Pros

Work environment - Very professional, yet friendly
    Colleagues - Best part are the people you meet here
    Workload - Not too much, not too less
    Timings - Flexible

Cons

Parent company has frequent lay-offs and periods of instability.

"Worst place to work at"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru

I worked at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer a really good salary.

Cons

All cannot be listed, but here are few:
    1.You are expected to work on old code base and old technologies which are not even useful for a developer. Only bug fixes or enhancements using the same code. Plus they are not ready to develop new code or introduce new frameworks. Project architecture is horrible.
    2.Top management acts as if they are some rulers and Hubzu is their kingdom. They will tell you what to do, when to do, where to do, how do to like you are some kinder garden student. Whatever they think is correct and whatever they decide will happen. There is no point of joining Hubzu if you are not a manager and if you dont know how to play politics.
    3.Apart from management, the senior employees working here have only average coding knowledge which also they will never share as if its their private property. So basically, no learning opportunity.
    4.Worst work culture I have ever seen. No formal training or KT sessions. Nobody is ready to help you in any possible way, instead they will look out for an opportunity where they can let others down. You will never get appreciation for your work, not even in your yearly appraisal.

If you can work on your own, without any friends, ignoring every wrong things happening around you, tolerating any possible bad behaviour and have no other job opportunity, go ahead and join Hubzu.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees as paid labours, start listening to their opinions.

"Hubzu is the place to be in Altisource"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bengaluru

I have been working at Hubzu full-time

Pros

Plenty of learning opportunities
    Decent pay
    Good focus and delivering consistently

Cons

At times in the recent past, things were hectic, but then which product company does not have this ups and downs

Advice to Management

A good long term vision would help

9. "Growth Oppurtunities"

Pros

Great company to work for . Lot of opportunities to learn & grow in this startup venture

Cons

Processes could be streamlined better.

Advice to Management

HR Processes need to be streamlined

"Unethical approach by senior leadership"

I worked at Hubzu full-time

Pros

Good Product
    Lot to learn
    Room for lot of technical innovation and application
    LatestTechnology stack

Cons

Unethical work practices by senior leadership
    Use of power and position rather than compassion and involvement
    Work style is to force and blame engineers.
    Very politically driven
    Lack of ownership and direction by the Sr Eng Leaders. Finding scapegoats for their own mistakes.

Advice to Management

No Advice. People who can tolerate injustice and immoral acts, they will continue to serve the company.