Integrated Project Management Company Reviews

Updated 12 Aug 2020

4.3
Integrated Project Management Company Founder, President & CEO C. Richard Panico
C. Richard Panico
Pros
  • "Rich (CEO) treats IPM as his family and that is very clear in my managers here in the Eastern Region (Boston and New Jersey office)(in 15 reviews)

• "A great place to work and one of the best companies in the nation(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Major Cons - Travel is common with consulting but IPM does go above and beyond to attempt minimizing long term negative impacts to employees(in 9 reviews)

• "Travel may also be needed occasionally, but managers help to make it fit your work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Project Management Consultant

I worked at Integrated Project Management Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, good assignments, great culture

Cons

Somewhat weak mid level management

July 30, 2020

Thank you to our former IPMer for taking the time to give us 5 stars! Clearly you are a performer or you wouldn't have stuck with us for more than 3 years. With a little luck, maybe we will work together again - one way or another. Our best wishes to you in your chosen work.

2. "Senior Systems Analyst"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Integrated Project Management Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

No cons at this point

3. "yes"

Current Employee - Business Development Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very smart people that work collaboratively. A solid values- based company that consistently gives back to the community and its employees!

Cons

None! What's there not to like...

April 23, 2020

Thanks for being a part of the IPM family and taking the time to share your perspective. It's great to see your pros outweigh your cons. :) (If you really tried, I'm sure you could have thought of something we could improve - we aren't perfect! But there are some oversights I won't critique!)

4. "Outstanding Company - Proud to be a Member of the IPM Family"

Current Employee - Integrated Project Management Company in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stellar leadership - high character, people oriented, thought leaders; Culture; Family/Caring atmosphere; Community and Philanthropic focus; Meaningful work; Numerous opportunities to get involved, learn and contribute beyond billable client work

Cons

Often times long commutes but balance by flexible hours/scheduling

April 24, 2020

Interesting point. Living your values and not being ashamed of your priorities - even if that means bucking the trends - leads to a peaceful life. Rich has always needed a good night's sleep and that has influenced IPM's conservative financial management, the uncompromising integrity with which we serve our clients, and the generous and compassionate treatment of our IPM family members. Different? I'll take it!

"Excellent Interview & Onboarding Process"

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

IPM's Interview and Onboarding Process is very distinctive from other companies. Whereas others may only be interested in what you've done they are rarely interested in WHO you are. In fact, one might describe it as a discovery process rather than an interview process. I already knew what I had accomplished, heck, they're on my resume, but what really stands out about the process is that it helped me reflect on who I was, what I hoped to achieve, and why was IPM the place for me to pursue those personal goals. The onboarding process is very organized and prepares you for success in your new role! I am very happy I made the decision to join this team!

Cons

I don't have any recommendations on process improvement, this is a great example of good people going through a good process: win-win!

"Great Leadership, More a Family than a Employer,"

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

- Rich (CEO) treats IPM as his family and that is very clear in my managers here in the Eastern Region (Boston and New Jersey office). If I'm having problems at work or in my personal life I know I can come to my manager (Director) and speak openly and honestly. - The commitment to community via Project Mercy and just all my co-worker's personality is inspiring. - When I mentioned I wanted to get my graduate degree, they immediately walked me through through very generous tuition assistance benefit and once I was admitted I knew I was completely supported. - I started as an Associate and it was my Director's mission to have me begin working towards my promotion after only 6-months in the company which came with a 10%+ raise just around my 1-year anniversary. - The people you work with at IPM are among the HIGHEST caliber people where they are both smart and caring. - There is no cut throat competition and management doesn't pin us against each other for them to get something from us. - Our quarterly staff meetings which are more for us to build up the company and reporting on our business that many of us accompany with spending the weekend in Chicago together helps to further develop those connections. - Lastly, they are the most transparent and open company from every level of the company from finances to potential contracts and even problems or issues that we should address as a company which speaks volumes to our missions and values being lived out in our practices.

Cons

- There are often times where the antiquated ways of business practices can be more of a burden than a way to continue a legacy. The different offices differ slightly in day to day practices and sometimes that's good to ensure they address cultural differences; however, I've heard first hand of how these can be stifling in areas which require staff meetings in the afternoon after client hours but also where long commutes are a guarantee. - I was told in interviews that client engagements range from 6-9 months on average; however, there are several accounts that have you 2-3 years which is less desirable (especially if a long commute). - We provide commuter assistance if using transit but nothing for those of us that drive unless it is 25+ miles where many of us drive the 20-25 miles each way which is just under the limit; however, I would LOVE to take transit if that was even an option at my client.

July 12, 2019

Thank you so much for the comprehensive review. We welcome your reflections and your advice. IPM is the very special place it is precisely because we employ people like you who care enough to make suggestions for improvement while also acknowledging that there is plenty to be proud of. Congrats on your promotion!

7. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Burr Ridge, IL

Pros

Determined on growing into the future but not at the risk of the quality and culture. Brand new office, updated technology, extremely nice people.

Cons

None that I have seen thus far.

June 18, 2019

We are SO proud of our new corporate facility! Thanks for pointing that out. And you are correct that IPMers are extremely nice! "Nice" isn't listed as one of our eight Fundamental Values, but when you combine honesty, integrity, excellence, respect, humility, spirituality, caring, and responsibility, you can't help but end up with "nice!" Here's to a long and mutually beneficial membership in the IPM family!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

Company culture is greatly valued

Cons

Pay is a bit low

May 30, 2019

Thanks for submitting a review. I couldn't agree more that culture is highly valued at IPM. It's one half of the two most important aspects of our Company: Culture & Quality. Just ask anyone! Compensation is critically important to us all, and we know we have to be competitive in every way to keep our amazing employees. We will continue to evaluate salaries as well as all other aspects of comp, and will do our best to spend our dollars on the pay/benefits spectrum wisely. Thanks for the input!

"The Best"

Current Employee - Project Management Associate in Burr Ridge, IL

Pros

While I have been here for less than a year I can say this company is different than most. The focus on culture and quality within the company differentiate us from many businesses today. The company offers everything from referral bonuses to support with education costs and maintains its roots by giving back to the community. A great place to work and one of the best companies in the nation.

Cons

The only con would be the travel if you are a project manager, but travel is typically limited to your region and for short periods of time.

February 28, 2019

So good to see that, even as a relatively new employee, you've honed in on the two most important aspects of IPM - culture and quality. Thanks for taking the time to submit this review, and I agree with you that we stack up favorably against the best. I'd also be willing to bet that we have more fun doing it! So glad you're in the family!

10. "Outstanding Recruiting and Orientation"

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

High-touch, very professional, thorough, asked the best and most thoughtful questions I have ever heard, the orientation was careful, well-planned, and made you feel like you were being made a real part of the team.

Cons

As far as the recruitment and orientation goes, I can think of no cons.

Found 50 reviews