Intrepid Travel Reviews

Found 116 of over 129 reviews

4.4
Intrepid Travel CEO James Thornton
James Thornton
Pros
  • "Great work environment with a very flat hierarchy(in 15 reviews)

• "Free trip every year, flexible hours(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It was a difficult year 2020 for the travel industry, with only working job keep and having to live on that wage(in 9 reviews)

• "Senior management have high expectations but not willing to provide resources to make them achievable(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee

Not what it used to be in the India office

Jan 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Somewhat open work environment Casual dressing 5 Day weekend Help in getting travel deals

Cons

No growth Very arbitrary salary or hikes Job gets boring after a while. Very repetitive

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Fun place to be and work with.

Sep 1, 2011 -  in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool environment. Friendly environment and policies. Travel benefits.

Cons

Bit unorganised and less local knowledge.

3. 5.0

Very fair respect people

Dec 7, 2021 - Tour Guide in Madīnat Sittah Uktūbar
      Business Outlook

Pros

The place of positive energy

Cons

Salary is not much enough

Intrepid Travel Response

Thank you for leaving a review and we're happy to hear you enjoy the energy of Intrepid. We think that’s one of the things that sets us apart. We appreciate your feedback on remuneration and acknowledge that this sector can pay lower than other industries. However, this is something we're reviewing and will continue to address.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to work

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Colombo, Western
      Business Outlook

Pros

a lot of opportunities. fun working environment

Cons

no cons at the moment

Intrepid Travel Response

We love to hear that you've enjoyed your role with us and that you feel you have opportunities to grow.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Company Review

Nov 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bangkok
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Work life balance 2. Good Benefit 3. Good coworkers

Cons

Covid made me think about the stability of the tourism business, however. Our management is very good at maintaining the company.

Intrepid Travel Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience during your incredible two decades with us. We appreciate your honesty regarding the state of tourism during the pandemic and are pleased to hear you feel Intrepid's management continues to manage the situation well. We all hope for a strong recovery soon!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The worst job I’ve ever had. Avoid at all costs.

Jan 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in the North America division so this review is based purely on my experience there. There are no pros in my opinion. There are a couple of good people who work there but that’s about it. I am still traumatized from my experience with Intrepid Travel.

Cons

Extremely toxic culture 0 work life balance - do not believe what they tell you in the interview. Management doesn’t know how to have empathy for their employees and are way out of their depth. These people don’t actually know how to lead a team. The way you are treated and spoken to is despicable. I truly believe that the reason some people stick around at Intrepid for years is because they haven’t experienced what it’s like to work at a good company that values their employees. And I say this knowing that every company has its pros and cons, but at Intrepid it was like digging for gold trying to find one good thing about that job. They lure you in with travel perks, but do things like reprimand you if you even try to log off before 5:30. Not to mention, the lack of boundaries. My manager would text me on my lunch break and on weekends, with absolutely no regard for my personal life. At the end of the day this experience taught me what to avoid in my next job and the one after that, and for that I’m thankful. But I do not wish this experience on anyone else, so this review is for anyone considering a job there. And no I did not get fired or laid off so you can be sure that this review is not coming from a vindictive place.

Intrepid Travel Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we’re concerned to hear about your experience, which we believe doesn't reflect our culture or the sentiment in our team. We would really like to understand more, so if you feel comfortable doing so, please reach out to: PeopleFeedback@intrepidtravel.com We also would like to address some of the concerns you have raised: Intrepid’s recent annual global staff survey of our 500+ employees revealed our highest ever satisfaction rating, with a global engagement score of over 80%. We’re proud our people feel this way, particularly as a global travel business navigating the challenges of the pandemic. Our team also rated our global senior management team highly and we’re concerned that was not your experience. Your feedback has been shared with our senior managers in North America and the People team will follow up with them directly. We understand the change to a hybrid work environment has been challenging for many people, which is why we have introduced a flexible work policy to empower our staff to manage their work responsibilities in the way that works best for their life. Each of our teams does operate slightly differently, depending on their area of responsibility, but overall there is no expectation that team members should be available outside of the work schedule that they and their manager have agreed together. Finally, we do recognise we've asked a lot of our people over the past two years and we’re pleased to have been able to progressively reintroduce many benefits. From the start of 2022, this includes one free trip per full-time employee, plus five days additional annual leave to use towards this. This offers our team the chance to have new experiences, explore the world again, and return inspired and energized.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good working environment

Nov 10, 2021 - Manager in Colombo, Western
      Business Outlook

Pros

Balanced and flexible work life

Cons

Too much freedom of work leads to irresponsible outcomes

Intrepid Travel Response

We're pleased to hear you feel that there's a good balance at Intrepid, and thanks for sharing your review. Our global structure is designed to allow local teams and offices the freedom they require to do great work. This might be different to some other companies and we will bear this in mind with future onboarding and training.

8. 4.0

Good for working

Nov 9, 2021 - ICT Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Culture and flexible working

Cons

up to now no comments

Intrepid Travel Response

Great to hear that you're enjoying your role and our flexible work arrangements. We believe this offers our global staff the ability to balance all aspects of their life and work. Keep up the good work!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Knowing the right people

Nov 7, 2021 - Reservations Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office perks (celebrations with meals and drinks), Free trips - after time with company / you pay to get to start point.

Cons

The only way to get ahead or keep your job is to know the right people.

1 person found this review helpful

Intrepid Travel Response

Thanks for leaving a review and great to hear you enjoyed our team spirit and celebrations. We believe it is important to have fun - its even one of our company values! - and connect with colleagues. But just as important is creating an inclusive workplace and ensuring growth opportunities for everyone. lf you feel comfortable sharing more so we can better address this, please get in touch: PeopleFeedback@intrepidtravel.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 116 Reviews