LAMPS PLUS Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2021

Found 134 of over 135 reviews

3.9
LAMPS PLUS Founder and CEO Dennis Swanson (no image)
Dennis Swanson
Pros
  • "At corporate, work-life balance is really good(in 15 reviews)

• "It's a job, most of the people are nice, nice break room, good employee discount(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Vp / director / upper management - they look to fired people every year the work is soulless(in 10 reviews)

• "Don’t even look for hr help either, they are not up to date on sexual harassment and bullying in a work environment(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good

Aug 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work if you work.

Cons

Health Insurance coverage could be a lot better.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

great

Aug 20, 2021 - Purchasing in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for, easy going people. Enjoyed my time there.

Cons

There are no cons, no cons, no cons, no cons

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great environment

Aug 9, 2021 - Sales Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun coworkers, an enjoyable client base, and an omnipresent industry

Cons

Steep learning curve, but very manageable

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job!

Jul 21, 2021 - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There were a lot of pros! I was ungrateful to notice them while I was working there. I was feeling very stressed during that time, and I wasn't happy with what was happening with my life so I took out my frustration on others which was not kind. I felt bad for my co- workers. I was in a negative head space and I'm sorry for the behavior I distributed, while working there. But I just want to say as I have thought long and hard Lamps Plus was a great company. The people were very nice. The pay was very good also!

Cons

I would say a con would be that it would get busy here and there. But it wasn't really that bad.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Tyrannical management

Jul 23, 2021 - Account Manager in Chatsworth, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They know how to choose good employees

Cons

They manage there employees like a tyrannical government.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible

Jul 22, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Chatsworth, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most Coworkers are great .

Cons

Management is terrible here .

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great position for committed sales persons

Jun 30, 2021 - Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

6% commission. The sky is the limit in this position. Lamps Plus has training courses you can take to get different sales titles.

Cons

Like any sales position, there are slow months but you still get paid a base pay if you miss your sales margin for the month. This position requires a great deal of responsibility and personal accountability. Not for anyone who is not motivated on their own.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Stuck in the 70s

Jul 27, 2021 - Digital Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get a paycheck. They had Halloween parties where everyone danced around for the owner and he went around taking creepy pictures of everyone. Trust me that part was not cool.

Cons

Horrible location. Parking was a nightmare. Anitiquated management and mentality. The HR department is a joke. They have know idea what is going on in the real world. You'd think the world fell apart the first time we had a trans-gender person joined the company. They got their head so far up the 70's they can't see straight. Archaic management and the dress code is so outdated it's scary. If you want a paycheck and nothing else then this is the place for you. Even the paycheck is weak at best. The most impersonal company I've ever seen. You are truly a number. There is no upward anything. Women have the toughest haul since most everything is a good ole boys club. Although asian women are a particular favorite of the owner, but not in a good way. I heard he's retiring, finally, which is a good thing. But his good ole boy cronies are still there and in power. They are brick and mortar based so their time is limited. Just a matter of time before Wayfair buys them and shuts them down. Everything comes from China and it's ridiculously high priced. The customer service is second to everyone else. Check out Yelp or the Better Business Bureau. They were hacked twice. The first time the company gave out everyones social numbers and accounts. Google it. The second was a Cyberattack where the IT dept was caught with their pants down and they paid big time to get the data back.

6 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good Stable job with amazing team

Jun 24, 2021 - Sales Associate in Westminster, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team is small. Sales and earnings are great for the amount of work. Fast paced environment. Easy to communicate and great quality management.

Cons

Outdated computer systems for clocking-in and accessing store inventory.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place

Jun 17, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place great flexibility easy job

Cons

Other employees can be rude and think they’re better and smarter than everyone else

Viewing 1 - 10 of 134 Reviews