LLR Partners Reviews

4.6
  1. "Great firm!"

Former Intern - Market Development Analyst

I worked at LLR Partners for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, pay, and ;earning experience

Cons

Not cons to report on

"Great internship experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LLR Partners for less than a year

Pros

The internship program is designed to treat you as an analyst from the first day and work with the deal team you are assigned to as if you were a full time employee. You are given responsibilities beyond formatting decks and are called on to provide thoughtful analysis of potential investments. I sat in on multiple meetings with management teams, and worked on a live deal all summer that allowed me to travel on-site to meet with a management team in another city. Beyond the valuable work, LLR facilitates a culture of friendly, respectful, and motivated people. There are multiple "intern events" throughout the summer that allow you to meet folks at the firm from different teams and departments. Overall, an invaluable opportunity presents itself with this internship.

Cons

The firm continues to enhance the training program for the interns. While not as formal as one you may receive at a bulge bracket bank, the most valuable training comes on the job. Analysts, associates, and vice presidents are happy to find time to educate the interns on all aspects of private equity and answer any industry specific questions.

3. "Summer Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at LLR Partners for less than a year

Pros

LLR is a fantastic firm that provides young professionals immense opportunities for growth. As a summer intern, you get to know all the junior people and have access to any senior professionals. The work is difficult as you would expect of a private equity firm, but team members are always happy to provide guidance and mentorship.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. If the type of work is fitting to you then LLR couldn't be a better place to work.

Continue reading
  4. "Summer Intern"

I worked at LLR Partners

Pros

Had a great internship experience at LLR. Projects were fitting my skill set while also pushing me to develop my skills within private equity. Great culture: people expect you to work hard but you feel rewarded & respected for quality work and effort. Also had the opportunity to gain exposure to senior level management and their decision making process, something my other intern friends at larger firms simply could not see.

Cons

Training came throughout the summer, but it's possible I could have contributed more if it were formalized at the beginning of my internship. Nonetheless, everything was relevant and helpful, just a suggestion regarding the timing.

5. "Intern"

4.0
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at LLR Partners

Pros

Good culture and meaningful work

Cons

don't have any cons to report

6. "Summer Intern"

I worked at LLR Partners

Pros

As an intern, you get a chance to do meaningful analysis and develop your own opinions on topics, which is rare. You also get to have input into what kind of work you do, as the team is flexible in asking about areas that you want to get more or less exposure to. Everybody is very willing to help you learn and answer questions. Additionally, there were a variety of social events hosted throughout the summer specifically for the interns, which were a blast.

Cons

Could add more industry-specific training at beginning of summer.

7. "Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LLR Partners for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, everyone on the team was very open to helping interns learn and grow throughout the ten weeks. Hours were reasonable for finance and the work was interesting, not merely busy work passed on from analysts/associates. They really made you feel as you were apart of the team, and I came away with a lot of valuable industry specific knowledge.

Cons

Wish training was more formal, I know they have been working to improve it but still can be more effective.

8. "Summer Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at LLR Partners

Pros

You learn a ton in a short amount of time. The teams are pretty small so you'll be meeting a lot of the higher up employees throughout the summer. There is a really good culture, and throughout the summer they host fun events for the interns. As far as finance goes the hours are pretty good.

Cons

I think that they could maybe formalize the training program a little more, but my understanding is that they're trying to do that next year.

9. "LLR Partners Internship"

Former Intern - Former Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LLR Partners

Pros

The firm culture is strong. Everyone on the team is intelligent and genuine; they all wanted to help me have a successful summer where I could contribute to their work and learn a variety of sourcing and investing skills. I've talked to friends at other companies and in other industries and they often spent much of their summers waiting to be given work or doing work that had no impact on the firm. At LLR, the team wants the interns to be involved in important work, and when I completed my work, I wasn't expected to stay in the office all night. Even as an intern, I was exposed to important work across a variety of functions. I helped create financial analyses, investment presentations and market overviews and analyses.

Cons

The training program isn't as formalized as a large investment bank, but that's to be expected of a growth equity firm. There are a few modules that interns are expected to complete to ensure that we gain a base level of knowledge throughout the summer. Additionally, everyone on the team took it upon themselves to teach me various skills by giving me meaningful work on live projects.

10. "LLR Partners Internship"

I worked at LLR Partners

Pros

-The team is very welcoming, and the culture is one where everyone gets lunch together on a daily basis. At the end of my internship, each individual on the team, including the founder of the firm, grabbed a drink or lunch with me to check-in about my internship experience. -As an intern, you have the opportunity to work directly underneath people of all levels of your team which not only gives you great exposure, but allows you to learn from a variety of people. -Projects are wide in range which keeps the job interesting. Projects I worked on included: Investment analysis, pitch deck presentation, modeling and excel analyses, market and industry overview for investment theses, and even attending a strategy session and a board meeting. -You're expected and encouraged to participate in meetings -Reasonable hours

Cons

-The training program isn't as extensive, but you learn on the job and have the opportunity to work on as many projects as you'd like to build up your skills

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews