Life Storage Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Life Storage Reviews

Found 158 reviews

3.4
Joseph Saffire
Pros
  • "Upper management doesn't micro manage but is willing to help out if there is communication(in 12 reviews)

• "Life Storage is a great company to work for(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "And little bit of diversity in upper management(in 18 reviews)

• "Very low pay for what the job title consists of(in 10 reviews)

1. "Best Job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Multi Store Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Life Storage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I worked at another self storage location for three years before moving to Life Storage and it was the best move I ever made! With full time hours, full benefits, bonus program and loads of opportunity to advance in the company and working with exceptional Management and co workers makes this company top notch!

Cons

Communication from high level management staff used to be non-existent, but with some questioneers to employees, that was addressed and communication has drastically improved!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and showing them you value them and you will be rewarded with hard working employees like myself who have dedicated their lives and career to you!

2. "Better than most retail"

I have been working at Life Storage

Pros

Work at your own pace. Some days are really laid back. Bonuses.

Cons

Some Saturdays are mandatory. I feel pay should be higher for such legal matters.

• "Would not go back"

Former Employee - Manager + Associate Manager in Hamden, CT

I worked at Life Storage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

If you get lucky like I did my first year with the company, you’ll have a wonderful Area Manager who communicates and cares about their stores. If so, great place to work.

Cons

I transferred to another state altogether and worked at another location under completely different leadership and got nothing but disappointment. Never have I ever worked at a place the just took the motivation out of you. Close to non existent communication, unprofessional, made to feel invaluable. Reached out multiple times to higher ups and got ignored. Expected to work at locations close to an hour away without even...

Advice to Management

Actually follow company values and value your employees. They run your stores. They ARE your business.

• "Customer care rep"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative

I worked at Life Storage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great people, great base pay, very good call center job. All incoming calls. Rarely will you ever have calls in Q most of the time u have at least 5 minutes before calls. Great benefits. It is quite a good deal. Company overall is great. They have it down to a science.

Cons

Not alot of upward movement. Even if you are top closer every month your wont be making more than 60,000, if your looking for more. Say they care about top closers. But their is defiantly favoritism to people who dont pull their load, just Like anywhere else you could work. My main complaint is the way I was let go. I felt as if there was no due process, never had a meeting really with anyone, i was expecting one. Even...

Advice to Management

I mean its a successful company that i just didnt fit at. So not much. They have their whole business down to a science. But the most successful company is never always right. management is very stuck in their ways, because they can.

"Life storage was a good employer during my time."

I worked at Life Storage

Pros

This employer offers great hours, benefits, paid time off, and discounts. I also enjoyed my area manager very much.

Cons

Although I do like working for life storage they are focused on budget and if you do not meet the budget your bonus is severely impacted, also sometimes management is not as helpful as they should be. Some life storage locations really need to work on training.

Advice to Management

I believe that you should take a better look into your management and listen to your associate managers, some members of management are less than subpar. You should also work on valuing your employees more and not just thinking about money.

• "Good company"

Current Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Life Storage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The benefits,pay,401K, and time off are great?

Cons

Some management need improvements

• "Wasn't taken serious at all."

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Life Storage full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are very flexible with scheduling and very helpful if you call another store for help

Cons

Manager not only micromanaged ,but rolledhis eyes and also ignored me. I asked to rewatch training videos ...he said no! Health benefits are poor quality, having to constantly work at stores far away and not paid mileage. Quarterly Bonus really was not worth the hassle.

Advice to Management

Allow review of training maybe six weeks after being there. Empower employees to make decisions.

• "HR Administrator"

I worked at Life Storage full-time

Pros

Great company and people. I liked the structure

Cons

Low pay for the position

"Corporate office employee"

I worked at Life Storage

Pros

Managers did not micro manage.

Cons

Lack of structure, underpaid, tons of nepotism. Lower to middle level employees are treated like garbage to line the pockets of higher positions.

Advice to Management

Start hiring based on qualifications instead of last name.

• "administrative executive cum reception"

I worked at Life Storage full-time

Pros

to explore and learn more about self storage.

Cons

no career advancement, very limited room for self growth.

Found 158 reviews