Littler Mendelson Reviews

Updated 10 Jan 2021

3.2
Littler Mendelson Co-Presidents and Managi Tom Bender & Jeremy Roth (no image)
Tom Bender & Jeremy Roth
Pros
  • "Very collegial atmosphere and shareholders that are very happy to help you along the way(in 11 reviews)

• "Everyone knows things in law firms are confidential anyway(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "ESPECIALLY FOR A SUPPOSED LAW FIRM(in 20 reviews)

• "Fickle demands from some shareholders -- Some(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Great Mentorship"

Former Employee - Attorney in Washington, DC

I worked at Littler Mendelson full-time

Pros

Great mentorship. Challenging work. Excellent attorneys.

Cons

Could improve with diversity among associates and shareholders in various offices.

2. "Nice"

Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Littler Mendelson full-time

Pros

They have free pop in cooler

Cons

If you are low they treat you like it

3. "High hours, low pay, self-important shareholders"

Former Employee - Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Littler Mendelson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

See the headline. They're just not very good attorneys, but they have the egos of great attorneys.

4. "yes"

Current Employee - Associate Lawyer in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Littler Mendelson full-time

Pros

An amazing workplace. I have amazing coworkers and great staff.

Cons

No cons, except that the coffee serves cold coffee. It's not my favorite.

5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Shareholder in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Littler Mendelson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good people; good training; good opportunities.

Cons

Nothing occurs to me at this time.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Attorney in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Littler Mendelson full-time

Pros

Top-notch attorneys. Firm atmosphere is professional, and everyone is treated well and valued.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative

"Great place to practice L&E law"

4.0
    Current Employee - Attorney

I have been working at Littler Mendelson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Prestige/name recognition in the L&E field -- It's the biggest and best L&E boutique in the world. Opportunity to work with big-name clients -- As the largest L&E boutique in the US/the world, you often get the chance to work with big (inter)national and Fortune 100 clients. Skill development opportunities -- Lots of opportunity for new/younger attorneys to do independent, substantive work and run your own cases Friendly & professional coworkers -- Nearly all attorneys and staff I've worked with are great people and do top-notch work in the field (I have encountered a few duds but that's true anywhere). Base comp -- Pretty good for my local market (though some in larger metro areas may or may not agree). Usually ranked as the highest-paying of all the big L&E boutiques. Commitment to diversity & inclusion -- Consistently ranked as one of the best Am Law 100 law firms for working women and diversities. They make an effort to publicly support social causes re: LGBTQ rights, BLM, active promotion of women, etc. (Side note: I feel they could be doing more to actively recruit minority attorneys, but at least upper mgmt. is aware of this issue and taking steps in the right direction.)

Cons

Retirement benefits -- No 401k matching for associates. Fickle demands from some shareholders -- Some shareholders are not great at communicating their specific preferences re: drafting, client communication practices, etc. ahead of time and aren't the most gracious when you run afoul of their unspoken preferences. (But, I think this can be an issue at every law firm no matter the size.) Base comp -- Base comp is good for my local market overall, but it's below most of the large regional and national general-practice firms. (This is partly just a downside to specializing in L&E law, which tends to charge lower hourly rates than big ticket areas like M&A, IP, tax, etc.) Attorney bonuses -- Few and far between compared to big regional/national general-practice firms. And, kind of vague on when attorneys qualify for bonuses and in what amount.

Continue reading

"Friendly and flexible position"

Former Employee - Counsel in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Littler Mendelson full-time

Pros

Flexible, friendly and supportive colleagues, excellent staff

Cons

modest compensation, commoditized nature of work, poor team morale

"Surprise!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I have been working at Littler Mendelson full-time

Pros

It's a job. But Definitely not what one would expect. The Decent attys leave. They spend a lot of money on parties, and f Large Expensive live bouquets for the office, and other things that most companies do not spend, and especially in a weak economy. Hell if you want to increase morale, do it with a PROFESSIONAL work environment. And INTEGRITY. When most companies are cancelling holiday parties, this farm is renting out the most expensive boutique hotel in town, and getting a large buffet, and open bar. So if you like to party, this would be a great place to work I suppose. if you want to work with Professionals in the industry, this may not be the best choice.

Cons

When I did a review a few months ago the keyboard stopped working and some other gremlins interfered and that has NEVER happened before and hasn't happened SINCE and so obviously THIS FIRM is organized CRIME and if you try to make it better or do anything about it, you will just get harassment and push back, and that is really sad because people, GOOD people anyway, go work at this firm due to the Fact they Truly give a hoot about human rights and people being treated in a Responsible Professional fashion, and there are a lot of very DARK people that work for this company and are nothing more than Hoodlums and it's bizarre that the keyboard froze up and suddenly stopped working preventing me from submitting the review, and I thought wow is that what these people do - they're that desperate to prevent any Facts from getting out and that's why also when you accept a job there they demand you sign some 18-page document saying that you're not going to talk about what it's like to work there - oh well if they're such a gold standard and they're supposedly at the top of their game then they should not be forcing gag orders down people's throat and if it's such a great place to work then they should encourage (and the operative word is encourage) they should Encourage people to talk about what it's like to work there, right? Plus, you can't expect Positive change unless you speak up. I wish I had more positive things to say, like I said the information from my review last year was lost and I tried to recreate it and literally spent hours and I thought it was so bizarre that glitches and Gremlins prevented me from posting it and like I said had never had any problems before and the keyboard literally stopped working and it disappeared from the screen, it was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in my life. So I have just been busy and didn't have time to recreate it but I think it's worth mentioning because that really frightened me and I thought you know I'm working for a criminal organization and these people are DANGEROUS, they're not just slimy people with poor Ethics, they're No doubt Dangerous souless consciousless Criminals.

"Zero Integrity"

Current Employee - Billing

I have been working at Littler Mendelson full-time

Pros

Someone should really do a television show about this place because AT BEST Littler is a JOKE. Would make a phenomenal Situation Comedy (sit-com). it's not really funny though but you ask the pros so naturally I'm trying to be positive.

Cons

BULLYING. HARASSMENT. ABUSIVE AND UNHEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT. ESPECIALLY FOR A SUPPOSED LAW FIRM. AND ESPECIALLY FOR 1 THAT CLAIMS TO FOCUS ON EMPLOYMENT AND LABOR LAW. WHAT A MESS! (I noticed a Shareholder wrote a Detailed review titled Just that! ("A MESS!"). QUITE ACCURATE, UNFORTUNATELY. AND IF YOU TRY AND MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE CONSISTENT WITH THEIR SUPPOSED VALUES, YOU WILL GET RETALIATED AGAINST. I'm Also Of Course concerned Naturally about Not just the Integrity of this Firm but Also why Apparently they're trying to sneak in 5 star reviews that are VAGUE and say as little as possible, and Barely making the 5 word minimum. This is Further Evidence of CORRUPTION at this Firm. Look for yourself . . . All the 5 star reviews Also of course sound like they're written by the same person. Look . . . They literally write "none" 5 times (in the Con field) to meet the 5 word minimum. Naturally, this raises concerns of Further Abuse and Corruption at the firm that they pay ppl to plant this Garbage. VAGUE. OVERBROAD. NO DETAILS. NO SPECIFICS. THEY SAY AT LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. REPEAT WORDS TO MAKE A SENTENCE THAT'S NOT EVEN A SENTENCE AND THAT IS 5 WORDS REPEATED. Review titled "TimesUp MeToo" talking about their review would be followed by a 5 star. Especially since that's In Fact the pattern. Interesting. To wit: "Don't be surprised to see another 5 star rating appear on here shortly after this." Interesting. Especially since that's IN FACT what happened. Interesting... Regardless if it's a coincidence or not I still found that Fact interesting. More Evidence this firm can't EARN decent reviews and has to Sleazily Attack ppl they have NO Facts on and that their TRUE Intent (consistent with the poor reviews) is to Slander and Retaliate and to Fiction things up about victims. Sad that they're not interested in using the information Responsibly and to Ameliorate their company. That's what REALLY smart ppl do if they're REALLY good at their job. And in Lieu Sleazily use it as an opportunity to Further prove people's point. Lol. Here's More Vague Nonsense: "Pros attorneys with experience in labor and employment law nationally Cons nothing to report at this time" _ "Pros It's the place to practice labor and employment law." (WOW REALLY, NO ONE WOULD HAVE GUESSED LOL) "Cons No cons come to mind." (Again, Barely 5 word minimum) - Pros "great people, great resources, great clients." (Great is So Vague and They use it Repeatedly - see the pattern . . . great, great, great, none none none none none . . . It's Almost Comical. "Cons have not experienced any. (Again, Obviously penned by the same person, 5 word minimum - No details, Vague, All lower case, et cetera...) - Pros "Amazing location and wonderful people" Cons "have no cons to share" (Wow, Barely makes 5 word minimum, Vague, Over-broad, Nothing Specific, et cetera....) - Pros "Good people, and interesting work." (Lol - Oh-kayyy - See previous Notes, I think you get the Point that these All have the Same pattern.....) Cons "can't think of any cons" (Wow - 5 word minimum Barely met, everything lowercase once again) - (Atty, Costa Mesa, Ca.) Pros "Awesome place to work, great resources and people" Cons "None I can think of" (THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME) (YOU DON'T NEED ME TO POINT OUT THE OBVIOUS - YOU SEE THE PATTERN) - Pros "Great people, great technology, happy environment" Cons "Haven't seen any so far." - Legal secretary, San Francisco Pros "Great atmosphere, good people, excellent resources" Cons "Honestly, can't think of any" (LOL - HAHA, ANY SENTENCE THAT STARTS WITH "HONESTLY" IS AUTOMATICALLY SUSPECT) (ANY SENTENCE THAT IS PREFACED WITH HONESTLY IS AUTOMATICALLY DISCREDITED. ANY BODY WITH AN IQ OVER 50 KNOWS THIS!) - INTEGRITY IS DEFINITELY AN ISSUE WITH THIS SUPPOSED LAW OFFICE.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 English Reviews