MTI Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 10 January 2019

4.2
Scott Haddow

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Place To Work, Great People To Work With"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at MTI Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Everyone is very welcoming and helpful.
    - Very clear strategy of where the company want to go, Senior Management make sure every employee has great visibility of this and it makes you feel like you are all working towards the same goal.
    - Great atmosphere in the office and across the business.

Cons

- The company has gone through a lot of change in the past year, however all of the change has been for the better.
    - If you haven't got a 'work hard, play hard' ethos it may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

MTI has been a great place to work over the past 3 years, i have full faith that the company are going in the right direction and i would recommend anyone to work here.

2. "Engineer"

I have been working at MTI Technology full-time

Pros

Cutting Edge Technology in continual improvement

Cons

Always work on customer satisfaction

3. "Up and coming"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at MTI Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees of MTI treat everyone with the respect as an individuals, each person is approachable, forthcoming and holds a niche character.

The company is sensible about its plans and invests accordingly.

If you love to be adaptable and want to thrive your creativity success, MTI is the place to be. The behavior is grown up and lets you get on with building your own path.

Working environment is comfortable and modern.

MTI will support you in a successful career, the company is doing the right thing at the right time to make a big impact.

Cons

Processes are being updated (not so much a con but an FYI for the readers), which takes time and you have to be committed to work in an environment where you know things need fixing.

Systems are being modernised, be considerate to others, do not expect micro managing systems that do it all for you! For some this may impact how you work and perform, you will need to be that much more involved and dedicated, be prepared to know this!

The company is dynamic and may not suit all individuals, be prepared for challenges, don't expect to turn up into work and be told what to do.

Advice to Management

Not much, continue with clear communication and taking on feedback

"It could have been so so good"

Current Employee - Operations in Godalming, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operations in Godalming, England (UK)

I have been working at MTI Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people (not most of the management). The engineers/admin staff who actually do the work and dealt with MTI's customers are the best assets that MTI have. They go the extra mile for the customer and are always willing to help each other out no matter their own work volumes or time of day/night.

You do get paid each month

Cons

Alot of the senior managers micro manage staff, telling them how to reply to customers/vendors. Surely we are employed to do a job and should be left alone and trusted to do the right thing ?

Senior managers promising deadlines to customers without actually asking the engineers who will be doing the work, how long will it take to do.. Crazy way to behave, gives false promises to customers who then have to be told that the deadline is not going to be met.

MTI is planning on moving offices, they haven't officially told anyone here although official building redevelopment plans have been posted on the front door ! how can that be ?

There is a bit of the old boys club (as previously mentioned). Trustmarque management have been brought in a bit at a time and now the vast majority are all ex Trustmarque managers. They will not know who is who within MTI and therefore will only be informed by outstanding senior MTI managers about who is good etc.

Advice to Management

MTI has and has had some excellent technical people working for it. I have been surprised by the caliber of people who have left or have been let go by the management, companies are built on the staff you have, need to develop and grow your staff for strong foundations.

MTI need to be clear and transparent with its communication. How can you appoint a new chairman and put up "welcome to the firm" messages on social media without actually telling the employees first ?

"MTI is now Trustmarque"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Godalming, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Godalming, England (UK)

I worked at MTI Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There aren't any left, like most of the original MTI staff.

Cons

Poor management team now that all of MTIs decent managers have gone. Have all been replaced by ex-Trustmarque employees. Its a bit like an old boys club now. I had never heard of Trustmarque before but they clearly didn't do that well. they were dissolved into Capita plc overnight. Now everyone is back in the old boys club. Every decent person I worked with, within the last three years has walked away from their jobs. Its doomed to fail and then the boys club will move onto their next victims.

Advice to Management

Simple, stop filling out false reviews on Glassdoor to improve your score. Read the reviews and seek to improve your business or whats left of it.

"The T in MTI should stand for turnover"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at MTI Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of knowledge within the support teams at MTI, Everyone has a solid understanding of the solutions and are happy to get involved and help out with the sales process.

Sales people are not expected to get too heavily involved in the admin processes which means more time on the phone bringing in business. The office is in a convenient location and the service staff are very friendly. MTI also like to take the whole company down to their offices in Surrey every few months for company updates keeping people informed on managements decisions.

Cons

There is a culture of bullying and harassment amongst sales staff and the management flip flop on decisions. There is the expectation to know clients inside and out (which is a completely fair ask!) however at the same time expected sales staff to make very high volumes of calls. Although not measured in set KPI's management encouraged 300 calls a day. There is little respect for team members personal situations, with managements line being "Just dont tell me, I dont want to know". They are also very strict with staff and tend to go overboard on micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Give more guidance to your new starters and work out more productive ways to motivate your sales team than fear that the team will be scraped if they do not deliver. Keep giving updates to your staff as people appreciate knowing why a decision has been made.

"Not what you get with bigger companies, and that's a good thing!"

Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in Godalming, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in Godalming, England (UK)

I have been working at MTI Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Family atmosphere to office environment
    - Exposure to a smorgasbord of technologies and vendors
    - Flexible attitude to work, as long as the work get done.
    - They recognise hard work from ALL individuals, not just sales, this is the first place I have worked were they recognise operations teams.

Cons

- Usual business processes and ITIL standards are not always followed or practised to the fullest extent but there is a huge drive to change this culture and there is evidence to suggest it is working.
    - There was a lack of basic employer tools for every day business and IT processes but again this changed hugely on last 12 months

Advice to Management

I have none, they are genuinely doing a great job.

"Excellent place to work, great environment and a company going places."

Current Employee - Administration in Godalming, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Administration in Godalming, England (UK)

I have been working at MTI Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast moving business with a strong management team who are looking to make positive change.
    A growing business investing in exciting areas.
    Rewards success.

Cons

Hard work and processes could be improved but I know plans are in place. Could be more joined up across Europe

"“Job for life or 6 months”"

Current Employee - Service Operations in Godalming, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Operations in Godalming, England (UK)

I have been working at MTI Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working for MTi for 18+ years,
    You find that you are either there for 6 months or for life depending on your attitude to work,
    There have been good times and interesting times but you can always guarantee that you will be paid on the 28th of each month without fail.
    Good team of professionals working in every department.
    New management team is transforming MTI in a very positive way,
    They seem understand what works and what changes need to be considered
    Interdepartmental communication has been an issue in the past but the new management team’s more open communication policy is helping,

Cons

Employee appraisals have been throw a double six to start in the past, but should be resolved with new HR presence in the UK

Advice to Management

Fixing minor irritations will go a long way and stop them becoming frustrations

"Cold Calling Battery Farm"

Pros

Some nice people in the company but they are few and far between

Cons

Firstly don’t trust any of the reviews that have been posted between now and December 2017, especially don’t trust any of them that were made by an Account Manager. The manager sent an email round in December to leave a positive review on here, but to make it look believable so that glassdoor wouldn't automatically take them down.

I can’t speak for marketing and the more senior account management team as they seemed generally happy, but avoid the graduate one like the plague, my manager himself told me that you don’t hire graduates because you want to build a good team, you hire them because you need people fast.

Upon arrival at MTI, they take advantage of your ignorance and you’re expected to make 300 cold calls a day, which averages out to about 2 minutes per call. When unsurprisingly this doesn’t work, you will be told that you’re not working hard enough and it will be suggested that you give up your evenings and weekends if you really wanna “make it”.

The manager will pretend to have your back until it suits him otherwise, on the first week of arrival he sent me an email saying that he didn’t mind us leaving early when catching trains back to London after working in MTI’s HQ. Upon his superiors finding us doing this one day, instead of taking responsibility for his actions he simply blamed the team and threw us under the bus.

Hard work and ingenuity is sidelined in favour of sycophancy and cynical business decisions. So any review that says its for 6 months or for life or that its not for people that will be put off by hard work is a flat out lie. One graduate rocked up late to work pretty much everyday for a month and was kept on because his dad was handfeeding him leads. Whereas a new starter who moved to london in order to take the job was then fired after a couple of weeks with no notice despite them commuting for 2 hours everyday when first getting the job simply because the boss didn't like them.

I was particularly disgusted when I heard that one of my team was struggling with mental health issues and instead of taking steps like a human being to help, the manager just said that he’d prefer if he wasn’t told in the future.

On top of that, there was a pernicious level of lad culture, one grad was consistently made fun of for his hairstyle despite him clearly not being ok with the comments and I overheard two of the other grads saying that it didn't count as bullying unless he complained. Another grad slept with a girl down the hall and another girl at the MTI HQ and then proceeded to make comments about their appearances behind their backs to the rest of the team and in earshot to the rest of the London office.

My manager even sat us down twice over my time there and said that we should make sure that our company name isn't attached to our social media in case we decide to do some cyberbullying!.

Towards the end of my time there before I quit, the boss started micromanaging more and more as he could feel his control slipping as morale went down to the point that he started regulating when people could go to the toilet or get a coffee whilst alluding that those that didn't follow these patronising rules were clearly lazy and thus would be fired.

In response to my initial review, MTI have been fighting tooth and nail to get both this and the other bad review taken down from Glassdoor rather than taking steps to correct such atrocious company behaviour. This is pretty much classic them because its denying where the problems are and just blaming everything else around them.

Avoid at all costs

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like human beings

MTI Technology Response

3 Apr 2018 – Director

MTI only ever requests the removal of a review, where that review contains inaccurate or untrue information about identifiable employees. We are unable to, and would not wish to remove or change any... More