Medpace Reviews

Updated 6 Aug 2020

2.7
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle
Pros
  • "Free lunch (it’s a salad everyday, but it’s free, if you don’t want it then don’t eat it, delicious(in 94 reviews)

• "Free salad lunch and free gym and exercise classes(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of flexibility to work from home (though surely COVID-19 has proved this can be achieved(in 26 reviews)

• "poor upper management leadership(in 26 reviews)

1. "Very good company to work for"

I worked at Medpace

Pros

Good package and facilities. Friendly environment.

Cons

Cons is not for company but the current situation of clinical research in india.

2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I have been working at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch nice environment to work

Cons

Work life balance is bit hard

January 3, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your time with the organization and appreciate your review.

3. "positive"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

very supported by management and able to utilize many internal tools

Cons

pay could be a lot more

4. "Great First Job"

5.0
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, independent work, appreciate their employees, ample resources for employees.

Cons

Sitting at a cubicle all day.

August 3, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you have enjoyed your time with Medpace and the collaborative work environment we offer at the organization. We are very proud of the growth we’ve experienced over the last few years and only strive for that to continue. Medpace provides initial and ongoing training for our CRAs through our PACE (Professionals Achieving CRA Excellence) program. This is highly valued in our organization due to the collaboration it provides between our CRAs and management. We would love to hear any suggestions you have regarding this training. Please feel free to reach out to your HR Rep to go over this in more detail. And don’t stress about the sitting in a cubicle – once the PACE training is completed and you have the opportunity to start your travel you will be able to fully experience the CRA role! In addition, we have designed our new building to provides lots of collaborative and informal spaces of all employees to enjoy.

5. COVID-19

"Good first job...bad everything else"

Former Employee - Clinical Data Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

They hire right out of college with little to no experience, making getting into the workforce pretty easy. I'm thankful that I was able to learn a lot about the industry and also made great friends with my coworkers (despite the introverted nature of the job). Base pay and PTO are pretty good and hours are flexible. They are very sensitive about overtime pay, so work-life balance is basically enforced.

Cons

If you read a majority of the reviews it'll all say the same things that held true while I was there: unsupportive upper management, treating hourly data coordinators as "lesser than" when the COVID-19 pandemic hit (they made us work in-office while the rest of the company that was salaried were able to work staggered). I was discriminated against and treated poorly compared to others on my team, and then quickly gotten rid of when I spoke out about it. Your manager will make or break your ability to grow in your position and learn, so if you choose to join this company I pray you get an understanding and nurturing one.

July 16, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We’re very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Medpace and the opportunities you were given to learn and grow within the department. We pride ourselves in hiring individuals with limited experience and giving them proper training to grow within the industry. We value our employees equally, and take claims of a hostile work environment very seriously at Medpace. Each claim of this nature is investigated and appropriate action is taken when warranted. Nice work on quoting our responses! ;-) We listen to our employees but acknowledge that the resolution an individual employee seeks is not always the best answer for their co-workers or the company as a whole. On this note, we did have to make some difficult decisions surrounding the pandemic. COVID-19 has been and continues to be very uncertain. Although we had maintained our full workforce with full pay for the initial weeks of the various lockdowns, despite the fact that many of our positions cannot be performed if our campus is not open, unfortunately this is not a sustainable long-term option. Many of our hourly positions cannot be effectively and efficiently performed remotely and as an essential business operating in the pharmaceutical industry it was important to maintain operations as best we can. It was a very difficult decision to release some of our on-campus staff, and we hope that the severance packages offered to them will help in part to sustain during a difficult economic time for everyone. We are starting to operate “business as usual” and are confident we will be able to continue our growth as the year continues. Should there every be concerns with management, we encourage all employees to come to HR and discuss in more detail. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

"salary"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lunch is included daily as a part of benefits

Cons

No proper recognition for hardwork or talent

July 21, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. Medpace is proud to offer a structure that promotes growth within the organization and allows for continual promotional opportunities for our employees. We have training available to all new employees, and multiple levels structured within each position in order to provide a way for our associates to have continual opportunities for advancement. Promotional periods are available every quarter and we constantly encourage and promote development of employees from within the organization. We regularly review our compensation, benefits, and hiring practices to ensure we are being competitive within our industry. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

7. COVID-19

"Great workplace"

5.0
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

Great workplace environment and compensation

Cons

Some benefits are currently unavailable (free lunch) but this is due to COVID-19, so I really don't have any true cons!

July 21, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad to hear you have enjoyed your time with Medpace and have a positive experience with the organization. We are very proud of the growth we’ve experienced over the last few years and only strive for that to continue. We appreciate your feedback and review!

8. COVID-19

"Meh"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

-This is a great place to start out a career as they hire a number of college grads right out of school with little to no experience. -The people on your teams tend to be great and I’ve met many great people during my time at Medpace.

Cons

-While they hire people right out of college they 10000% low ball you in salary with absolutely no room to negotiate. People who stay in the company don’t see the rewards for their hard work as quickly as other companies and is still below average for industry standard. They also bring in people with less industry experience but pay them more than their loyal employees. -workload is completely unmanageable unless you’re manager goes to bat for you (even then it usually doesn’t help) You are put on a number of studies and given tasks outside of your scope. -through Covid-19 instead of taking pay cuts and trying to save employees jobs they did mass layoffs completely unannounced with little to no explanation. Even managers didn’t know their direct reports were going to be laid off until it happened. I would have liked to see the CEO take a pay cut instead of promoting his sons girlfriend to save her job right before the layoffs. Or jetting off to his house in Florida to still continuing to force employees to work. -working from home was never an option but the fact that employees were forced to go to work and/or take vacation time if they chose to stay home through a pandemic is outrageous. Times are changing and medpace policy’s should as well. -free lunches are a thing of the past so don’t pay attention to those “pros” previously posted -it is an expectation for senior employees to train new hires even while trying to manage all of the projects that are assigned to them. Word of advice- don’t be too good at your job or you will burn out with the amount of work given to you. -I’d suggest not driving to work while construction on the site is occurring. A number of people have reported nails/screws in their tires and when reported to HR got a “sucks time be you” response. Again if you are making people come to the office during a pandemic it only makes sense to at least sweep up a constitution zone or offer to reimburse for tire/car damage. -there have been a number of instances where the CEO has declined a promotion, bonus, change of work hours due to child care, etc. for no apparent reason even when managers, directors and his wife approved them. Showing a little love for your employees goes a long way but sadly people will continue to leave until things change.

July 20, 2020Human Resources

Wow! We are very taken back and saddened to hear about your experience with Medpace. Although we are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience within the organization, we understand that the high standards to which we ask our employees to excel at are not for everyone. This is what we believe distinguishes us from other CROs. We work hard to ensure we are place that attracts employees not just for the short term, but are a place that our associates can grow in their career. We recognize that flexibility is needed, which is why we do offer “flex-time”, a benefit that still gives employees the ability to have a flexible schedule that encourages a well-balanced work/home life. During the uncertainty of COVID-19, we did allow our staff to work remotely for 2 months to ensure the safety of our employees. We have slowly started re-opening our offices to a staggered schedule at 50% capacity. Although we had maintained our full workforce with full pay for the initial weeks of the various lockdowns, despite the fact that many of our positions cannot be performed if our campus is not open, unfortunately this is not a sustainable long-term option. It was a very difficult decision to release some of our on-campus staff, and we hope that the severance packages offered to them will help in part to sustain during a difficult economic time for everyone. Although we loved offering free lunch daily to our employees, we are complying with CDC guidelines and felt it best to close down the lunch buffet for the time being – a buffet doesn’t seem like a smart way to protect the health of our employees  We are very grateful to have a leadership team that puts the people of the organization first. Contrary to your comments, we consistently work with our Compensation and Benefits team to review salary and benchmarks to assure we are aligned with the market while also being competitive in the industry. We do acknowledge that Medpace is not a fit for everyone, and we are okay with that. Every employee has different needs, and it is unrealistic to think we can meet all of them. However, we always try our best to make every employee feel valued and satisfied in their position at the organization. We encourage all employees to address concerns with their manager or HR representative while employed with us so we can try to fix any issues that may arise. It is apparent that Medpace was not the best fit for you, but we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

9. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company for work in a fun environment!

Cons

The free lunch eventually disappeared.

July 21, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Medpace and the collaborative culture we promote here. wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Although we loved offering free lunch daily to our employees, we are complying with CDC guidelines and felt it best to close down the lunch buffet for the time being – a buffet doesn’t seem like a smart way to protect the health of our employees  We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Doable for good times, bad for bad times"

2.0

I worked at Medpace full-time

Pros

Doable in good times. On the occation you are in the good department an/or you have a good line manager you can be not aware of bad sides of the company for years.

Cons

Office-based model is created to control employess as they are not trusted. Cooperation model is just the wishfull thinking that people are given desks nearby each other so they cooperate. Real team building does not exists. The company wish to be different from others that gives office and training but this is anyhow existing in the market. I think this is just to explain why non-experienced people do the work.

August 3, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review. We are saddened to hear your thoughts about the collaborative environment we offer here at Medpace. We recognize we won’t be able to meet the needs of every employee, but do our best to provide an environment where our employees feel heard, valued, and empowered. The office-based model provides this not only for our employees, but for our sponsors as well. We have seen great success from this. We do have training and development programs throughout the organization and within each department to ensure employees are equipped and constantly learning. We are open to feedback on our training programs and are always looking to improve. It’s apparent Medpace was not the best fit for you, but we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Found 413 reviews