Medpace Reviews

Updated 5 Mar 2021

2.9
Medpace President and CEO August Troendle
August Troendle
Pros
  • "Free lunch- varieties of salads, sandwiches, dips etc and free soda/coffee/tea(in 104 reviews)

• "The training program for CRAs is intense(in 28 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Very good company to work for"

4.0

I worked at Medpace

Pros

Good package and facilities. Friendly environment.

Cons

Cons is not for company but the current situation of clinical research in india.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Regulatory Submissions Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good management team, open communication

Cons

Poor work-life balance in some cases

Medpace Response

February 25, 2021Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying Medpace and all that we offer here at the organization. As we continue to grow, we do recognize with this comes change and growing pains. Our recruitment team is working hard to add great new employees to the company to ensure all associates have a balanced and manageable workload. We do encourage employees to also speak directly with their line manager about workload if needed. We appreciate your feedback!

3. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I have been working at Medpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch nice environment to work

Cons

Work life balance is bit hard

Medpace Response

January 3, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your time with the organization and appreciate your review.

"Great place for progression and fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Manager in London, England

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

*The people and the company culture *Talent recognition and progression (promotions reviewed on a quarterly basis) *Supportive, nurturing management (provided with mentor, manager, training department, to support at every level) *Competitive salaries *Have never come across bonuses like it *Have never known for company share to be handed out a PM/CTM level (very refreshing to see) *Interesting/complex/diverse portfolio of studies/clients *Not therapeutically aligned *Amazing central London office location *Gym, swimming pool on site (paid for by Medpace) *Exciting to work at a company that is doing well and see this reflected in day to day running of the organization

Cons

*As with any CRO fast paced and healthy workload (made up for with the friendly, supportive culture from colleagues/management) *Maternity/paternity pay package

5. COVID-19

"Great CRO!"

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at Medpace now for a couple of years and really enjoy working in the London office. The studies I work on are interesting, often complex and mostly Biotech Sponsors who need more support than what I am used to from my previous job. I quite like working this way, but I can see that it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and mostly these people leave quickly. That said, turnover is quite low– many of my colleagues have worked here for several years, the new joiners stay as well. I saw several people return after they left, some could move to other departments or transition into offices in other countries etc. The company is continuously growing and there are always new people joining, and with that the atmosphere is upbeat, very diverse and international, everyone is working hard indeed, but this is the nature of the job! Over the years I always felt that my own dedication was recognised – I received loads of training along with many opportunities to grow, including several initiatives outside the usual day-to-day project work. Myself and colleagues around me had regular promotions since we joined. Bonus and merit is dependent on one’s performance as it should be in my opionion, and varies from year to year as is the case everywhere. From what I know of other CROs, the package is very similar. Since the office moved to the city it’s at a fabulous location at the river Thames, beautiful building, free swimming pool and gym in-house, plus plenty of organised and spontaneous social activities after work for those who want to (that was before COVID but no doubt will continue once we can go back to the office). There are some very weird reviews on this platform, and all I can say is that I recommend everyone who thinks about joining Medpace to build their own opinion.

Cons

Until recently my main issue would have been that the work from office policy was too strict, requiring employees to be 100% office based without exception, however this has thankfully been revised and will allow really good flexibility once we return after COVID!

6. COVID-19

"Excellent Company"

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super Smart People, great opportunities and I am working on really interesting projects. . I have been constantly recognised for the effort I have put in with promotions and responsibilities. Colleagues and directors are friendly and helpful and the office environment creates a great atmosphere. (When not in lockdown). Having worked at other CROs I am convinced for now that I am at the best. It is high pressured and hard work is normal. The team in the London office is growing fast and a lot of time is spent on training and mentoring. I even received stock!

Cons

Bring back the staff parties

"Medpace"

Current Employee - Associate in Tampines New Town, East

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly people, good starting place to learn

Cons

Low pay, limited manpower with high workload, no OT pay

"good work life balance"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Glasgow, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

holidays, bonus, work life balance

Cons

top heavy management not functional

"Ok"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Pros

Events for employees and food trucks

Cons

Forces employees to risk their life in the snow when the ones in charge of declaring a closure don’t even need to come in office

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly staff Collaborative environment Great training program Opportunities for career growth

Cons

Not applicable, no cons noted

Viewing 1 - 10 of 534 English Reviews